Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

There's no way the One is 400$ with all the money they've sunk into it and the exclusive deals they're trying to pull of left and right. I think the floor price is 450, most likely 500$

No one is charging that much. Sony and MS will look to make more money on games by limiting the used games to some capacity

I believe it. This has been the MS way for far longer than they've been making Xbox. This is the same company that went out of its way to make Apple look incompetent and other web browsers worthless while Windows and IE have had non-stop stability and security issues.

I will say, however, that whoever is running things now does not seem to have a good grasp on what they need to do. MS has made **** product after **** product for a few years running now after the great things they did with 360 and Windows 7. Kinect is a good piece of technology but the huge focus on it with this console is a joke. I've got money saying at least half of these "new exclusives" are Kinect games. Heck just look how much they want to hype Ryse ffs.

Microsoft spending money to undermine their competition is par for the course. Completely believable as it is nothing new for them. The average American consumer is a complete idiot though, so it will probably work just as it has in the past. Hopefully people see through it.

I believe it. This has been the MS way for far longer than they've been making Xbox. This is the same company that went out of its way to make Apple look incompetent and other web browsers worthless while Windows and IE have had non-stop stability and security issues.

I will say, however, that whoever is running things now does not seem to have a good grasp on what they need to do. MS has made **** product after **** product for a few years running now after the great things they did with 360 and Windows 7. Kinect is a good piece of technology but the huge focus on it with this console is a joke. I've got money saying at least half of these "new exclusives" are Kinect games. Heck just look how much they want to hype Ryse ffs.

Microsoft spending money to undermine their competition is par for the course. Completely believable as it is nothing new for them. The average American consumer is a complete idiot though, so it will probably work just as it has in the past. Hopefully people see through it.

I know your a huge Sony fan but I believe most companies probably do that. I'm sure Sony has paid a developer to not show a game on a rival platform before. To what extent this is done I don't know, but I would say most of them do it.

I know your a huge Sony fan but I believe most companies probably do that. I'm sure Sony has paid a developer to not show a game on a rival platform before. To what extent this is done I don't know, but I would say most of them do it.

I favor Sony at this point, but I'm an equal opportunity gamer lol. I played on 360 for a while, played the crap out of the original Xbox, owned every Nintendo console except Wii U so far, Sega, so on and so on.

You are not wrong that everyone does this type of thing, but normally it's to have companies show their games during the primary press conferences to highlight the games for that particular system. The games are usually still shown and/or confirmed for other platforms on the show floor.

If the rumors are true about Microsoft trying to pay publishers to not show or mention their games on PS4 -at all- in a fully intentional attempt to deconstruct the reputation PS4 has built as a console "for gamers" so that Xbox One falsely looks like it has games and PS4 doesn't... well, that completely blows any chance I will ever touch one. I'm still giving them a chance to impress me at E3, but if this is true I'm done with them. It shows they can't go head to head to impress gamers and win on their own merits.

Bear in mind the rumor is not that they HAVE dropped serious cash, only that they are trying to. Publishers may turn it down because it really doesn't serve their best interests, only Microsoft's best interests. Also, they can't possibly pay off everyone so even if it is true it won't be an across the board type thing. Especially now that people are aware of it.

Never mind the reports coming out that the Xbox One is needlessly complex to make games on due to rushed, poor engineering; because development work on Xbox One apparently started several years after Sony started working on PS4 and as recently as February's PS4 announcement, MS had no plans to launch a new console this year. Oh and the OS functionality shown at the announcement was 100% faked according to reliable insiders on neogaf.

Geoff Keighley @geoffkeighley

Microsoft confirms you need to connect at least once every 24 hours to keep playing offline. So there you have it.

as expected you DO need internet to play games.

GJ screwing alot of your potential customers microshit

well, this puts rumors of an ALWAYS online console to bed lol

Always On was apart of the Xbox One MO since the start. How can you expect them to remove a feature they probably built into the source code on day one. To completely remove it, they would likely have to rewrite the system from the ground up, which of course means delays. the 24hr check was probably the best they could do with the short time they had to reach. Their best bet now is to buy their way out by trying to paint the PS4 as having no games.

Their best bet now is to buy their way out by trying to paint the PS4 as having no games.

Which seems to be exactly what they are going to attempt. I think it's a little late for that, personally... but you can never underestimate American ignorance. People know what they see on tv and MS will be the only show in town with tv coverage.

More people watch online though, so we'll see.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main xbox one is gonna be DOA

I have been very hesitant to say anything like that, but even Xbox fanboys at some of the sites I frequent are flipping out about this. It doesn't get any more official than that link and MS basically confirmed the rumors.

Unless they flat out wow me with exclusives, I am not getting one.

Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

RIP X1

Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

RIP X1

Yeeeeah... if they don't impress me at E3 with some exclusives I just can't miss, I think I'm just completely ignoring it from now on.

PS4 is giving me plenty to look forward to with excitement. All I'm getting from Xbox One so far is...

retardrk1.gif

Yeeeeah... if they don't impress me at E3 with some exclusives I just can't miss, I think I'm just completely ignoring it from now on.

PS4 is giving me plenty to look forward to with excitement. All I'm getting from Xbox One so far is...

retardrk1.gif

Only way I would buy a X1 is if the console have some amazing exclusives.

who cares? I have both PS3 and 360. both are great for different reasons but IMO 360 easily won the last generation just as ps2 beat xbox. With Nintendo failing with the WIU, it should be interesting. One this is for sure though, Sony has to step up its game to become the gaming leader again. It's all about content and online capabilities. Sony played catch up last time out, lets see if they can be innovative again, Microsoft certainly looks vulnerable this time out.

Of course, Ive just heard xbox one bashing so far and not anything ps4 positive right now.. just how bad the other guy is...makes me worry for Sony

content?

you do know PS store KILLED xbox marketplace on that.

and with pretty much all indy developers going with sony this go around they already won that.

content?

you do know PS store KILLED xbox marketplace on that.

and with pretty much all indy developers going with sony this go around they already won that.

Ok, do you believe ps3 beat 360 from a business standpoint? just want to see if im communicating with a sane person. I do understand everyone has their preferences

360 won the US market hands down, but PS3 has sold more globally with far fewer "failure rate repurchases." I mean I've owned both and used to play 360 a lot like 3+ years ago... and people can like what they want it doesn't bother me, I'm just sharing my opinion, but PS3 has been WAY better in the last 2-3 years. Like not even close. Majority of the US gamers don't know it though because they're too far up Microsoft's ***.

I favor Sony at this point, but I'm an equal opportunity gamer lol. I played on 360 for a while, played the crap out of the original Xbox, owned every Nintendo console except Wii U so far, Sega, so on and so on.

You are not wrong that everyone does this type of thing, but normally it's to have companies show their games during the primary press conferences to highlight the games for that particular system. The games are usually still shown and/or confirmed for other platforms on the show floor.

If the rumors are true about Microsoft trying to pay publishers to not show or mention their games on PS4 -at all- in a fully intentional attempt to deconstruct the reputation PS4 has built as a console "for gamers" so that Xbox One falsely looks like it has games and PS4 doesn't... well, that completely blows any chance I will ever touch one. I'm still giving them a chance to impress me at E3, but if this is true I'm done with them. It shows they can't go head to head to impress gamers and win on their own merits.

Bear in mind the rumor is not that they HAVE dropped serious cash, only that they are trying to. Publishers may turn it down because it really doesn't serve their best interests, only Microsoft's best interests. Also, they can't possibly pay off everyone so even if it is true it won't be an across the board type thing. Especially now that people are aware of it.

Never mind the reports coming out that the Xbox One is needlessly complex to make games on due to rushed, poor engineering; because development work on Xbox One apparently started several years after Sony started working on PS4 and as recently as February's PS4 announcement, MS had no plans to launch a new console this year. Oh and the OS functionality shown at the announcement was 100% faked according to reliable insiders on neogaf.

It's understandable that you defend your console, that's what us fanboys do haha. I've owned most consoles (didn't own a PS3) and I have really enjoyed the experience on both the original xbox and the 360. However I'm still not sold on which console I will be getting this generation. I have become attached to a lot of the xbox exclusives, Halo, Gears of War, Forza, etc etc as well as the xbox controller so switching to PS4 and losing the opportunity to play those games and use the controller I have been accustomed too would be a bit of a drag. I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed in the approach Microsoft is taking this generation. In trying to be an all-in-one box instead of a gaming console I do feel that they are alienating a lot of their "hardcore" gamers. The used game and must connect every 24 hours doesn't bother me at all, that has absolutely no effect on whether I will by a One or not. It's more the fact of how they are marketing the system that has me second guessing.

360 won the US market hands down, but PS3 has sold more globally with far fewer "failure rate repurchases." I mean I've owned both and used to play 360 a lot like 3+ years ago... and people can like what they want it doesn't bother me, I'm just sharing my opinion, but PS3 has been WAY better in the last 2-3 years. Like not even close. Majority of the US gamers don't know it though because they're too far up Microsoft's ***.

I'll give PS3 credit on a few games. Uncharted is my favorite series. But I don't know anything else on PS3 that has come out lately that's even comparable to Halo 4, Gears 3 and Judgment, and especially the Forza series that has left Gran Turismo in the dust

And you can't really count system repurchases against 360, if people wanted a PS3 instead they could've bought that (and many probably did).