Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

Oh and this...

Microsoft has commented on Adam Orth's comments. In a statement issued to GameSpot, a Microsoft spokesperson said "we apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers. We are very sorry if this offended anyone, however we have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-creative-director-doesnt-get-the-drama-around-an-always-online-xbox-6406464

The announcement may not be official, but I have officially lost interest in the next xbox.

Throwing my hat into the ring to say the same thing, I have a 360 but I will not buy a new system that seeks to destroy the after-market. I like being able to find cool old games and play them again. PS4 here I come.

Throwing my hat into the ring to say the same thing, I have a 360 but I will not buy a new system that seeks to destroy the after-market. I like being able to find cool old games and play them again. PS4 here I come.

Yep, that's gonna be me with Bioshock.

Plus I was over at the in laws this weekend... they have kids living there with game consoles but no internet. I told them about the rumors of the new Xbox requiring an internet connection just to use it and the look on their faces said it all. They were in disbelief.

Some info apparently for some Xbox 720 launch games...

Multiple sources with knowledge of Microsoft's plans have told The Verge that the Xbox 720's launch lineup includes an updated version of Crytek's Kinect game Ryse and a new "super life-like" Forza game.

Ryse was announced during the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo for Xbox 360 as "Codename Kingdoms." The Roman-themed action game was later renamed Ryse, but never made it to market, despite Microsoft confirming it was not canceled.

The Verge's sources suggest Crytek and Microsoft Studios have rewritten the game to leverage the Xbox 720, reportedly set for a launch later this year. These people described Ryse as Microsoft's next "Gears of War / Halo mega launch title."

Ryse is just one of the Xbox 720's launch titles, the source said, adding that a "super life-like" Forza title, a zombie game, and a family game set on an island with Pixar-style graphics are also part of Microsoft's launch plans. The family game is rumored to use Kinect to scan a player's body to create a virtual character within the game world.

These four games are just a "small selection" of the next Xbox's launch titles, the sources said. First-person shooter games from third-parties will reportedly make up a healthy contingent of Xbox 720 launch titles.

Lastly, The Verge's sources suggest Microsoft is planning to update Xbox Live for the Xbox 720. One such revision will be dropping Microsoft Points in favor of real-world currency, the sources said. Microsoft is rumored to announce the Xbox 720 during an event on May 21 before more details are shared at the 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo in early June.

http://m.gamespot.com/news/xbox-720-launching-with-ryse-new-forza-report-6406813/

Xbox 720 aims to take over your whole tv experience.

The official reveal of the next Xbox may still be weeks away, but all signs point to Microsoft making a major play for dominance of the living room. A new report from The Verge suggests the next-gen system will be capable of integrating a user's cable or satellite signal into a unified user interface, similar to Google TV. According to the site's multiple sources, the console will connect to set-top boxes via HDMI and combine broadcast content with its interactive interface. Microsoft is reportedly working with content partners to offer more streamlined integration with the service.

What's more, Kinect will play a key role in the next Xbox's TV services. Using the motion sensor and camera, the system will be able to detect multiple users simultaneously and will intelligently control playback based on their movement. For example, if a viewer turns their head away from the TV, the Xbox will supposedly pause the video on-screen — not unlike the Smart Pause found on the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4.

Microsoft's plans to expand its home entertainment focus are well known. Last year, the company announced the creation of a new Los Angeles-based studio that would specialize in "true interactive content" for the Xbox platform. Just this week, the Microsoft revealed that it had sold its IPTV branch, Mediaroom, so that it could "commit 100 percent of its focus on consumer TV strategy with Xbox."

With Microsoft's rumored May 21st Xbox event fast approaching, we may learn more about the new system sooner rather than later. In the meantime, share your thoughts on the Xbox TV rumors in the comments below.

Not at all what I'm looking for in a console, but to each their own I guess.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/04/10/next-xbox-will-reportedly-integrate-broadcast-tv-feeds

So it seems like the kinect rumors may be true looking at how many launch games are going/rumored to use/need kinect technology.

If that's true mark the price of the 720 up another 100$, this thing is going to bomb hard

So it seems like the kinect rumors may be true looking at how many launch games are going/rumored to use/need kinect technology.

If that's true mark the price of the 720 up another 100$, this thing is going to bomb hard

Neither system will cost more than $500 at most, we are not dealing with PC graphics cards or manufacturing paying full retail for those components. Rumors suggest closer to $400 or even less. They will be sold at a loss.

I'm just not a fan at all so far of what we've heard about the new Xbox. They are all still just rumors and COULD be untrue... for the sake of gaming I hope so.

I know a few PC gamers who are pretty pleased with the info on the PS4. They think it's going to up the quality on PC games since so many games are multiplatform now. I agree and I hope they are right because I'm all about us all getting better games.

Just can't wait for Witcher 3... gonna be awesome.

Neither system will cost more than $500 at most, we are not dealing with PC graphics cards or manufacturing paying full retail for those components. Rumors suggest closer to $400 or even less. They will be sold at a loss.

I'm just not a fan at all so far of what we've heard about the new Xbox. They are all still just rumors and COULD be untrue... for the sake of gaming I hope so.

I know a few PC gamers who are pretty pleased with the info on the PS4. They think it's going to up the quality on PC games since so many games are multiplatform now. I agree and I hope they are right because I'm all about us all getting better games.

Just can't wait for Witcher 3... gonna be awesome.

If Microsoft includes Kinect with it, I could see the 720 at about 549.99$

If Microsoft includes Kinect with it, I could see the 720 at about 549.99$

Well every 720 will ship with Kinect, just as every PS4 will ship with the new PS Eye or whatever. The rumored cost of a standard 720 is $500.... and then there's rumored to be some subscription based model as well that goes for $300. Completely unconfirmed, but those rumors did come from a guy who put his name on it and is a known MS insider.

Game Informer poll shows just 18.3% of voters would buy an always online console, while an overwhelming 81.7% would not.

Very interesting when you consider most of GI's readers and online users are primarily 360 gamers.

I will not buy a Microsoft console... unless they ridiculously subsidize the xbox720 and it gets hack within months to run custom firmwares :D

I think that's a mistake. In my opinion it already seems quite certain that the market won't be nearly as lopsided in North America as it was with 360 over PS3. Especially if the PS4 is priced as competitively as Sony seem to be indicating. All the factors that led to PS3 digging such a big hole are simply nonexistent with PS4.

That being said, if the new Xbox doesn't require an internet connection or block used games then I will be heavily considering it anyway. I'm already sold on the next gen being very promising on PS4

So a COD game will be exclusivity for the new Xbox, who cares. COD sucks now. COD4 FTW!

It's not a COD game, it's supposed to be Respawn's first game which is supposedly a sci fi shooter called "Titan."

It's not a COD game, it's supposed to be Respawn's first game which is supposedly a sci fi shooter called "Titan."

They couldn't come up with a better title than Titan? lol.