Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

Still a rumor regarding always online and no used games, but that's a very poor business decision imo with the reaction mostly negative and Sony going the opposite direction.

Xbox reveal should be interesting.

Still a rumor regarding always online and no used games, but that's a very poor business decision imo with the reaction mostly negative and Sony going the opposite direction.

Xbox reveal should be interesting.

Yes that would be a bad business decision. When is the reveal?

Yes that would be a bad business decision. When is the reveal?

Supposed to be some time in April... not sure on a date.

EA is set to announce some kind of exclusivity deal with Microsoft when they announce the new Xbox. I'm sure they are just loving the always online DRM bit.

Everything I read makes me madder and madder. PS4 was a huge disappointment when it was unveiled, and now everything I don't want (no used games, always online) seem to part of the new Xbox.

I still don't get why some were so disappointed with the PS4 announcement. I mean these new consoles are far more powerful than current gen and developers have been gushing over the potential. Is it just cynicism? I don't understand what the detractors were expecting... from a hardware standpoint these are huge leaps forward.

I really hope this talk of always online, blocking used games, optical discs only used for installs is not true. I think MS has had a very solid view of console gaming and they have provided some great experiences. All those rumors are just ugly and would do more to hurt console gaming than help it imo.

I still don't get why some were so disappointed with the PS4 announcement. I mean these new consoles are far more powerful than current gen and developers have been gushing over the potential. Is it just cynicism? I don't understand what the detractors were expecting... from a hardware standpoint these are huge leaps forward.

I really hope this talk of always online, blocking used games, optical discs only used for installs is not true. I think MS has had a very solid view of console gaming and they have provided some great experiences. All those rumors are just ugly and would do more to hurt console gaming than help it imo.

Completely disagree. These new consoles are more powerful, but the jump from the current gen to PS4 is hardly noticeable graphically. Compare a Halo 4 to Killzone whatever and it's not that different looking. I could care less about hitting a 'share' button on games and that was the focus.

graphics dont mean anything anymore. the games look great as is

it's that they can do more on it and have games running smoother with higher FPS.

i'll take a smoother playing game over amazing graphics anyday

it's that they can do more on it and have games running smoother with higher FPS.

So a game like Halo 4 running at 60fps is worth paying $500 for a new system when it's running at 40-50fps right now?

if im gonna drop 400 on another next gen console, the graphics better blow the current gens consoles away

I think you are mistaken on the quality of graphics. We won't see the new consoles flex their muscle at launch and it's shortsighted to expect that, I think. You can look at Perfect Dark Zero, Call of Duty 3, or the early Madden/NCAA games as an example... they were marginally better looking than previous gen, but as time went on we got progressively better looking and better playing games.

These consoles will have graphics the quality of high end PC games. Do you mean to tell me there is no substantial difference between Far Cry 3 on PC vs console? Or Battlefield 3? Crysis? **** man, even Diablo 3 will be gimped on current gen. Not to mention the PS4's wide open stance on supporting the indie developers.

It's a progression that goes beyond graphics anyway. The graphics will be a lot better, but the real strides will be made in quality gameplay and multiplayer experiences that simply are not possible on current gen.

I don't know how the only thing anyone could take away from it was the share button. A lot of people even love that feature though, so I don't know what to tell you. Game Informer had a poll and far more people were excited about the PS4 than not. When we know the specifics on the new Xbox, I'm sure people will be pretty excited about it as well (or possibly not if these rumors prove true).

It will take some time before game graphics on the ps4 improves

how do you know they aren't already improved. You aren't basing that off of early footage are you

It will take some time before game graphics on the ps4 improves

Eh, we'll see. Most of the early early games are likely to be only a little better, but that doesn't really mean anything. The PS4 has A LOT more graphical processing power than PS3 and the 8 GB of unified GDDR5 RAM totally blows the 512 MB split on PS3 away.

With the architecture being essentially like developing for PC, I doubt it takes long before we get some amazing stuff. The Witcher 3 alone will blow anything on PS3 away, not to mention Thief 4 and Battlefield 4. I'm pretty sure Ubisoft will make AC4 and Watch Dogs noticeably better as well. The E3 demo of Watch Dogs was not the current gen version.

I don't even care about graphics, I'am interested in the story of the games, quality content for those games, enjoyable multiplayer experience. Just as a minor note, over all easy navigation in, in-game menus, setup controls, etc. to that extent.

ATLBrave and Durrtay like this

It's not confirmed until Microsoft says it. Pretty strong indications that it will be true, but it's not official until MS announces the details.

Funny that EA is announcing some kind of exclusivity for the new Xbox at the announcement. EA is all about that always online DRM crap.

It's not confirmed until Microsoft says it. Pretty strong indications that it will be true, but it's not official until MS announces the details.

Funny that EA is announcing some kind of exclusivity for the new Xbox at the announcement. EA is all about that always online DRM crap.

the IGN guys tested it out

the IGN guys tested it out

I don't really put much stock in what you say IGN says about a system that Microsoft isn't talking to anyone about, let alone showing without a non disclosure agreement. There were a bunch of negative rumors about the PS4 too and Sony pretty much blasted them all out of the water.

still doubt it... if you had to install the full game to play and you could only install on one console, then the hard drive would have to be ridiculously large. secondly what happens if you have a hardware failure and need a new console? you have to rebuy all your games.

still doubt it... if you had to install the full game to play and you could only install on one console, then the hard drive would have to be ridiculously large. secondly what happens if you have a hardware failure and need a new console? you have to rebuy all your games.

doubt you would have to re buy your games. Transfer and re download maybe just like purchased arcade titles now

I don't even care about graphics, I'am interested in the story of the games, quality content for those games, enjoyable multiplayer experience. Just as a minor note, over all easy navigation in, in-game menus, setup controls, etc. to that extent.

Problem(or answer) is, you already have all of that already

Problem(or answer) is, you already have all of that already

And there was nothing wrong with PS2/Xbox gameplay... but in hindsight things got a lot better, didn't they?

Developers have already talked about how the overall quality of every aspect of games will improve with the new hardware. Graphics and gameplay will both get much better. Online gaming will improve a ton. I don't know why you think these new consoles are just marginal improvements over what we currently have; that is dead wrong.

Story and quality writing is another matter though lol...

And there was nothing wrong with PS2/Xbox gameplay... but in hindsight things got a lot better, didn't they?

Developers have already talked about how the overall quality of every aspect of games will improve with the new hardware. Graphics and gameplay will both get much better. Online gaming will improve a ton. I don't know why you think these new consoles are just marginal improvements over what we currently have; that is dead wrong.

Story and quality writing is another matter though lol...

What is there in online gaming to improve on 360? PS3 does have some room for improvement there. But the graphic improvements look marginal from the PS4 presser.

360 and PS3 were both obvious jumps when they were unveiled as far as graphics.