Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

Most disappointing franchise in my opinion. I had high hopes and expectations for those games and none of them after the original were all that good to me.

Of course, Peter Molyneux is the number one hype man in the industry.

The 2nd one was alright. Not as good as the first though, in my opinion. What I really don't get about the series is how they don't keep the stuff that worked in the previous one. It's like they reinvent the wheel everytime for no reason.

the xbox is suppose to be in town this weekend at 200 Peachtree St, Atlanta, Georgia for those who want to try it. I may go down there sunday before the falcons game

Apparently you can't use your high end gaming headsets with the Xbox1. That's a pretty big deal for me.

I read an article awhile back that said that would be corrected with a patch I believe.

Apparently you can't use your high end gaming headsets with the Xbox1. That's a pretty big deal for me.

I know a few of my friends were griping about not being able to use their Turtle Beaches and the XOne versions won't be available for a couple of months I believe.

Anybody with one please hit us up with a lot of details. Please and thank you.

What he said.

the reason i always wait a year or several months before getting a new system. only a handful of games are out, no headsets are out and if they're bugs the company can fix them

Anybody with one please hit us up with a lot of details. Please and thank you.

What do you want to know?

The vocal commands are revolutionary. I have a massive Ultraviolet library of about 1,000 titles. That has a tendency to break sites like Flixster and Target Ticket due to loading issues. Via the One, I can simply say "XBox Bing Movie X" and whatever title I want will pull up. I can directly access any movie show I own in about 15 seconds, which is more than enough to justify the machine for me. In fact, even though I have a Roku, I will be picking up a second XBox One cheap at some point down the line so that I have the same quick access in the other room. I realize my needs are different from most, though.

With regards to gaming, the only title I have thus far is Dead Rising 3. It's actually a huge step up from DR2, a game that aggravated me more often than not. Combo weapons can be done at any time now, and there are lockers that allow for the summoning of any item/combo item a player has attained. The one downside of the game and apparently most launch titles is that load time is glacial. The graphics are top notch, though.

I had expected to buy a One then wait until Bungie's release to utilize it fully. Instead, I didn't play my 360 for 10 days because it immediately felt outdated. That was not the case when I went from the XBox to the 360 and the PS2 to the (piece of junk) PS3.

Getting my PS4 later this month, but I've been enjoying my One a lot. Voice commands work almost flawlessly and Ryse (the only game I've played so far) looks unbelievable. The only issue I've ran into is that a channel will occasionally freeze for a few seconds immediately after switching to it. This may be do to the type of cable box I have however as I think some other people have had the same issues with the particular type of box.

I have TiVo so I don't use it as a cable box.

I am curious if you know a voice command that will change the input on the TV. I haven't figured that out yet nor found anything online.

I have TiVo so I don't use it as a cable box.

I am curious if you know a voice command that will change the input on the TV. I haven't figured that out yet nor found anything online.

I haven't had any luck with that, it's also not wanting to follow DVR commands like rewind, play, pause, etc.

So is everybodys experience on the 1 running smoothly? I still wonder is it even worth upgrading, or should I wait until summer to get one?

Mines still running great. If you're planning on upgrade now there are a few games worth playing, Ryse, Killer Instinct, and Dead Rising 3. I believe Titanfall comes out in March and that game looks amazing.

So is everybodys experience on the 1 running smoothly? I still wonder is it even worth upgrading, or should I wait until summer to get one?

If you get Dead Rising 3 and/or Forza now, there will be enough to keep you busy until Titanfall hits in March.

I've been really on the fence about getting an XB1. Where I'm torn is that Uncharted is my favorite series in gaming, however the XB1 appears to slaughter PS4 in the interface and voice commands, which is another selling point to me.

It's 10% cashback month for Best Buy with Discover which is why I feel pressured

I've been really on the fence about getting an XB1. Where I'm torn is that Uncharted is my favorite series in gaming, however the XB1 appears to slaughter PS4 in the interface and voice commands, which is another selling point to me.

It's 10% cashback month for Best Buy with Discover which is why I feel pressured

bb had a promotion where you spent 100 bucks you got a 15 dollar gift card

bb had a promotion where you spent 100 bucks you got a 15 dollar gift card

Yeah and that was the other thing making me try to make a decision. But that ended yesterday so I've missed it. I think I'm just gonna wait until around October next year

Heck, maybe PS4 kills it in sales and they lower the price