Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

Haven't heard anything about that for the US. As far as I know both companies have maintained that standard disc based games will remain $60 MSRP.

That's what I figured. Doesn't bother me either way, as I was assuming that would be the minimal cost for either. Just wasn't sure why someone brought that up.

There will not be a MS press conference at Gamescom tomorrow. They will just be releasing some info online or via press releases and have demos available at the event, apparently.

Meanwhile, Sony has a big conference planned for tomorrow with a lot of unannounced games and info to be revealed; along with their release plans.

MS doesn't want to win this generation...

Sources saying Microsoft will bundle in FIFA 14 with every XB1 in Europe for free. Also XB1 already has exclusive FIFA 14 content.

Microsoft just flaunting the $$$ in Sony's face. Huge move though, could really swing some preorders around.

Edit: Well actually it said a major third party game, but Microsoft has hinted at revealing news on "Europe's biggest franchise" and "Unique exclusives"

Sources saying Microsoft will bundle in FIFA 14 with every XB1 in Europe for free. Also XB1 already has exclusive FIFA 14 content.

Microsoft just flaunting the $$$ in Sony's face. Huge move though, could really swing some preorders around.

Edit: Well actually it said a major third party game, but Microsoft has hinted at revealing news on "Europe's biggest franchise" and "Unique exclusives"

That's the only thing they could do to try and sway people in Europe, really. Sony owns Europe and its not even close.

Won't make much difference imo because a PS4 + FIFA is still cheaper than XB1 and then XB1 won't even be available across Europe at the same time.

That's the only thing they could do to try and sway people in Europe, really. Sony owns Europe and its not even close.

Won't make much difference imo because a PS4 + FIFA is still cheaper than XB1 and then XB1 won't even be available across Europe at the same time.

True, but maybe people will see more value in Exclusive content for Fifa + Kinect + Fifa + Xb1 (with a headset now too) than just Xb1 and Kinect. It'll affect people that are still on the bubble about next gen consoles.

True, but maybe people will see more value in Exclusive content for Fifa + Kinect + Fifa + Xb1 (with a headset now too) than just Xb1 and Kinect. It'll affect people that are still on the bubble about next gen consoles.

I agree. The FIFA thing doesn't seem for sure though... and if it is then that is a ridiculously huge amount of money that MS threw down to buy every copy, on top of the money they already gave EA for the ultimate team exclusive stuff. PS4 is going to be more popular in Europe so that's significant in terms of potential lost sales that MS had to make good on with the offer right there.

It's money well spent I guess if you're MS, trying to get a good foot in the door with XB1 in Europe. Of course, they're also hurting themselves with the thing being delayed in several countries.

Xb1 Gamescom news:

Dedicated servers for CoD Ghost Xb1 edition

Fable Online confirmed

Exclusive content for The Division XB1 edition.

Fifa 14 comes with every XB1 preorder in Europe for free

Mojang title "Cobalt" coming exclusive to Xbox

Killer Instinct package for 20$ and 40$ (Only 8 characters around launch, but my understanding is that they are adding more through the life cycle. Bummer either way)

Yeah, FIFA is on the list of games I plan to buy but this really doesn´t change a thing for me because the ps4+fifa for 450€ still offers me more for less money. My guess this is aimed at people who didn´t get the ps4 on release day and that is pretty much everybody who did no preorder... there is no place in Europe where you can preorder a ps4 now and have it guarenteed for release day, it is unofficially sold out.

The One line up is looking really promising.

Yeah made my choice officially today. Loved my experience with the 360, Sony didn't announce anything that would make me change, and there won't be too long to wait between consoles.

Yeah made my choice officially today. Loved my experience with the 360, Sony didn't announce anything that would make me change, and there won't be too long to wait between consoles.

I'm starting to lean back towards the One as well. I've been gaming on Xbox since the first one but was leaning towards a PS4 this generation after the E3 debacle. Ever since E3 however I feel like the One has really been impressing. They're not afraid to make changes and are delivering a very promising launch line up. I will probably still get a PS4 down the line.

The changes definitely got me considering the XB1 again. I'm all in with PS4 though... not necessarily impressed by anything MS has shown myself. Launch lineups for both are pretty meh and I'm just not touched at all by Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, or Ryse. Forza 5 will be great but it's not enough for me at launch. Plus Minecraft is now on PS4, along with a bunch of other indie titles such as Project Phoenix down the line which isn't planned for Xbox.

I can definitely see at this point though if you're partial to one or the other why the other one wouldn't be all that impressive.

I'll probably end up with both... or I may just build a PC rig instead of getting XB1.

FIFA 14 apparently will only be free in "tier 1" European countries... or in other words those countries getting XB1 launch this year. Everyone else in Europe getting it in 2014 is not getting it included when XB1 launches in their country.

November 8th would be cool but I find that unlikely. End of November around Black Friday is probably best case scenario from everything I've read. There's a reason MS hasn't narrowed it down any further.

Insiders on neogaf seem to think it could get pushed to December realistically and this is why MS hasn't said anything... they announced November and they want to hit in November, but they've had some issues in manufacturing. Of course the neogaf guys aren't 100% with things they call out, but they're pretty reliable. We'll see. Personally I hope you guys get it asap. November 8th would be awesome for those getting a One. Doesn't affect me one way or another since I'm not getting one at launch, but I'd be happy for you guys.

Xb1 Gamescom news:

Dedicated servers for CoD Ghost Xb1 edition

Fable Online confirmed

Exclusive content for The Division XB1 edition.

Fifa 14 comes with every XB1 preorder in Europe for free

Mojang title "Cobalt" coming exclusive to Xbox

Killer Instinct package for 20$ and 40$ (Only 8 characters around launch, but my understanding is that they are adding more through the life cycle. Bummer either way)

Oh Lord, another Fable game? What are they aiming for, to somehow make a worse game than Fable 3? Every game in that series is a serious decline over the previous one.

Oh Lord, another Fable game? What are they aiming for, to somehow make a worse game than Fable 3? Every game in that series is a serious decline over the previous one.

Most disappointing franchise in my opinion. I had high hopes and expectations for those games and none of them after the original were all that good to me.

Of course, Peter Molyneux is the number one hype man in the industry.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/get-the-facts?xr=shellnav

Scroll to the very bottom, look at point 6.

So much for Xbox One being delayed and only launching in 13 countries for Kinect localization reasons (this has been MS excuse for the delayed launches). Of the 13 launch countries, only 5 will be able to use the Kinect voice commands.

6Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date. Voice commands will be available at launch in US, UK, CA, FR, and DE.

Yeah, Titanfall looks great. Hopefully EA lets them control it the way they want and don't push for it to be released every year. Annual FPS releases are lame.

Destiny is the FPS that I'm really looking forward to, though.