Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

Lmao.. still using a power brick?

Don't get why people make a big deal out of this.

If PS4 has overheating issues, I know what to blame wink.png . Also, a power brick is more replaceable than an entire console.

But seriously it's not a big deal unless you're THAT particular about your setup.

Jim trying hard to hate

Don't get why people make a big deal out of this.

If PS4 has overheating issues, I know what to blame wink.png

But seriously it's not a big deal unless you're THAT particular about your setup.

PS1/2/3 never had heating issues due to the inside power connector, power bricks arent needed anymore.

The PS4 is far more powerful than any ofthose, therefore puts off more heat

Actually, PS4 at its highest output puts off less heat than PS3 at its lowest... even now after numerous efficiency revisions to PS3. PS4 will probably have some kind of failure rate, every console does; but I will be shocked personally if overheating is an issue.

Hopefully neither of these consoles have any issues like that.

I thought this was epic.

untitled-2fzbvc.gif

Xbox One users may not able to voice chat with 360 players... click here.

Related: Xbox One can function without Kinect, Kinect can be completely turned off.

So I guess a ton of people will be trading Kinect's in. I wont, I want the full expierience.

Related: Xbox One can function without Kinect, Kinect can be completely turned off.

So I guess a ton of people will be trading Kinect's in. I wont, I want the full expierience.

I feel that if it's not mandatory, they should release a console without it at a cheaper rate

What kind of market do you think there would be for Kinect 2 trade ins? Every single system comes with one... everyone that can use it already has one and the warranty is sure to cover any problems. Microsoft has plainly stated that they have no intention to sell Xbox One without it. It's a required piece of hardware.

Related: Yet another flip flop. MS can't make a decision and stand by it. The changes they've made are good imo but it just looks bad on them when their competitors haven't changed anything from what they originally announced.

Meh, I don't care about the flip flops as long as the console keeps getting better, as long as they are not taking away positive things in because of the flip flops. Also, I don't know if this was a flip flop by Microsoft in the first place. I don't recall them ever saying that it was necessary, but they did say that the console was 100x better with it and they can't imagine the console without it. Just poor messaging again.

Also, drivers for Xbox One controller on PC coming 2014 according to Microsoft.

Microsoft didn't get what they wanted and now they continue to fix the damage they created by doing a 180. What's funny is that you still need to download a firmware for the xbox one just to remove everything they done a 180 with.

Meh, I don't care about the flip flops as long as the console keeps getting better, as long as they are not taking away positive things in because of the flip flops. Also, I don't know if this was a flip flop by Microsoft in the first place. I don't recall them ever saying that it was necessary, but they did say that the console was 100x better with it and they can't imagine the console without it. Just poor messaging again.

Also, drivers for Xbox One controller on PC coming 2014 according to Microsoft.

They have done an extremely poor job of handling this console in general. I agree that the changes have all been for the better, my point is just how in the world could they get so much wrong and have to either reverse course or clarify their clarifications to get folks to stop hating the thing.

Regarding Kinect 2 being required, maybe I'm mistaken but I thought they had initially said it could essentially be turned off but would have to be plugged in or the system would lock you out... and that's why this latest "clarification" had to be made.

you need a driver just to use your xbox controller on PC?

I plugged my PS3 controller in via USB and use the problem called: DS3 Tool and everything works fine.

Basically PS4 and X-Bone are now virtually the same thing

Not really. There are fundamental differences between the two that matter imo.

With XB1, everything is behind the XBL pay wall... multiplayer, media apps, cross game chat, Skype, etc. all require a subscription. On PS4 you only need PS Plus to play multiplayer on standard games... F2P games don't require it and all media apps, cross game chat, etc. are available to use without a subscription.

Kinect 2 is very different from the PS4 camera, especially being that it is a standard accessory in every box.

Both consoles will have plenty of non gaming uses, but I think XB1 beats out PS4 here with its offerings.

PS4 has Vita integration. XB1 has SmartGlass. Very different. The controllers themselves still remain different. I like both controllers a lot.

Needless to say, the exclusive games will be very different. I won't say better/worse for either system because it's entirely subjective. Everyone has their own preference. I'm not terribly impressed with the launch exclusives either way, outside of Forza and DriveClub. Killzone could be good... graphically it looks great, but I've never been a big fan of KZ gameplay. Everything else exclusive-wise looks pretty meh for launch. Personally, I just have Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs preordered; which obviously are multiplatform. I'll be getting DriveClub free through PS Plus.

Policy-wise sure, MS came more in line with what Sony is doing... but that's what people want. It looks bad on them for making so many changes, but I can't fault them for it. Had they not made the changes I wouldn't be considering an XB1 purchase at all. There are still many differences though... MS just needs to do a much better job of explaining them.

Did I miss something in this thread? I thought I saw complaints about Xbox games being $60 on the new console. How much are PS4 games going to be? Not sure about where you all live, but right now where I live, 360 and PS3 games are pretty much identical in cost (around $60). Did Sony announce they were going to be reducing the cost of games? If so, do people actually believe that?

Did I miss something in this thread? I thought I saw complaints about Xbox games being $60 on the new console. How much are PS4 games going to be? Not sure about where you all live, but right now where I live, 360 and PS3 games are pretty much identical in cost (around $60). Did Sony announce they were going to be reducing the cost of games? If so, do people actually believe that?

Haven't heard anything about that for the US. As far as I know both companies have maintained that standard disc based games will remain $60 MSRP.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/14/xbox-one-coming-to-13-markets-at-launch/

It looks like MS is reducing the day 1 release countries even more. There are so many studios located in the countries who got kicked out and it doesn´t even mention Japan... I think MS decided to pull consoles out of those markets to have more in the US... but I don´t think that is good news for US customers if they are in for gaming... with some bad luck they are sitting on a $500 streaming device that does not much more what a Chromecast can do for $35...