Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

Who you know doesn't really represent everyone, it's just a small sample size. They track how people play games and make new games accordingly. Games like Titanfall and Destiny I don't think anyone should complain about... those are online focused games. There are plenty of games that can be played single player/offline. Not every game has to be a single player offline experience these days.

I have a problem with a console being required to have an internet connection, but not individual games. If games are designed to be online, there's nothing wrong with it. Unless it's a Sim City and there's really no reason for it.

kane#7 likes this

Xbox One not shipping with headsets this time because Kinect is in each box and they say it is sensitive enough for in game voice chat as an integrated system function.

Apparently no 360 accessories are compatible either, to include headsets, because they are using new connections. Nor does the system support Bluetooth.

The official headset will be sold separately, but no price has been set for it. Popular headset makers will also have to come out with new Xbox One compatible headsets.

was about to post that.

microshit keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

not only people who dropped $150+ on headsets that won't work anymore.. they gotta buy new $150+ headsets.. w/o having a replacement til then.

and im laughing at using the terrible kinect mic.. yeah im sure everyone wants to hear terrible music and all the other background noise.

I just don't know why they would assume people want their conversations coming out the loud speakers. Personally, I have 3 small kids and I don't want the ridiculously offensive language that is standard in multiplayer to be gushing out the main speakers. People can be muted but that's not really the point.

I mean they say its sensitive enough to be used like that and engineered well enough to cancel out background noise, music, and game sounds as long as the Kinect isn't set up close to the speakers. I guess with Kinect bundled in every box it only makes sense for it to be the default option.

Sucks that current headsets don't carry over.

people complain about the PS3's controller being smaller then the 360.

well roles have been reversed, the RL version of One controller is actually smaller than the PS4's

k-bigpic.jpg

people complain about the PS3's controller being smaller then the 360.

well roles have been reversed, the RL version of One controller is actually smaller than the PS4's

k-bigpic.jpg

Looks wider, not really bigger. My problem wasn't that the PS3 controller was smaller, but that it was too small. The Xbox 360 controller fit my hands perfectly. That, and I don't like my thumbs touching when I try to play. It's nice that sony addressed that though.

I always preferred the analog sticks to be next to eachother.. one of the big reasons i didnt like xbox/xbox 360 controllers

The arrangement on the Xbox controller felt more natural to me after years on the PS1/PS2 even.

I like the 360 controller more, especially for shooters... but I don't really mind the DualShock controllers at all. I'm glad they are making the DualShock 4 bigger with a more contoured design though. Should be a lot more comfortable to hold.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware

^ So apparently the XB1 and PS4 are closer than we originally thought.

and

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/28/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-starts-next-week/

^ Adds fuel to the whole "Microsoft is moving in the direction of Steam" thing. Lots of good games in there, I just started playing Bioshock Infinite yesterday. It'll be interesting to see the prices on those. (and yes I'm aware that PS3 has game sales too)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware

^ So apparently the XB1 and PS4 are closer than we originally thought.

Great read. I love getting into the nitty gritty stuff objectively. I think many are downplaying the future proofing Sony did by including GDDR5, but it's good to read that MS have gotten better than expected results from their RAM setup. Competition is a great thing.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/28/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-starts-next-week/

^ Adds fuel to the whole "Microsoft is moving in the direction of Steam" thing. Lots of good games in there, I just started playing Bioshock Infinite yesterday. It'll be interesting to see the prices on those. (and yes I'm aware that PS3 has game sales too)

I saw that and thought it was pretty awesome. Honestly I think that's the direction both Sony and MS need to go. If they are worried about game sales and used games, they need to make buying the games more attractive and make better games to begin with. I hope this is something we see more of.

lol really?

BF3 will be available for PS+ starting tomorrow.

I thought that was UK only?

Edit - Nevermind, it's not UK only.

I heard that the Microsoft's Live free game was some piss of a arcade game. lol.

It's Defense Grid... which is a very good tower defense game, but not Halo 3 or AC2 lol. Major Nelson said "Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 were mentioned as part of the program - but no date was given."

Defense Grid will be available until the 15th. A different game is going up on the 16th.

Microsoft has announced that they will be holding a one hour press conference at Gamescom in August. It will be the first time MS has held one at the event. There are no other details right now.

Sources have said that the intention of the press conference is to reiterate the core message of Xbox One.

It's Defense Grid... which is a very good tower defense game, but not Halo 3 or AC2 lol. Major Nelson said "Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 were mentioned as part of the program - but no date was given."

Defense Grid will be available until the 15th. A different game is going up on the 16th.

Not gonna lie, didn't expect much but turns out I've been playing this game for hours