Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

Not really. PS4 is beating Xbox One so far. Even many diehard 360 users are choosing PS4 over Xbox One. Sony just increased their PS4 sales projections, as a matter of fact.

You calling everyone you disagree with a fanboy is cute though.

You are a terrible troll btw.

Not really, as we have seen from the post above, the negative is based on flat out falsehoods and overexagerations. People are catching on. I'm still leaning PS4 but, if anybody believes the Kinect is spying on you to see how many people are in the room for UFC pay per views, they are beyond slow. It wouldnt suprise me if we hear Xbox one abuses animals and children, lol

Not really. PS4 is beating Xbox One so far. Even many diehard 360 users are choosing PS4 over Xbox One. Sony just increased their PS4 sales projections, as a matter of fact.

You calling everyone you disagree with a fanboy is cute though.

You are a terrible troll btw.

just ignore him, if everyone ignores his dumbass then he'll go to another forum area and troll and get banned

Not really, as we have seen from the post above, the negative is based on flat out falsehoods and overexagerations. People are catching on. I'm still leaning PS4 but, if anybody believes the Kinect is spying on you to see how many people are in the room for UFC pay per views, they are beyond slow. It wouldnt suprise me if we hear Xbox one abuses animals and children, lol

Ok do you know anything at all about the NSA scandal, big guy? People aren't worried MS is spying on them (any rational person anyway)... they are worried about what the NSA does with data collected by MS using their different technologies like Kinect because when the NSA requests the data these companies like MS, Google, Facebook have to give them what they ask for and can't disclose anything to anyone about it.

The negative with Xbox One is based on policies they have posted on their own website. Some people are not bothered by it, but many are.

If anyone is interested I just checked Amazon.com and it looks like there's some Xbox One day one editions available for pre order. I went ahead and grabbed one since there's no charge until shipment.

DayZ is set to be released on PS4, but may skip Xbox One due to MS policy with independent devs.

Indies can’t self-publish and are charged to issue patches on Xbox One, says creator Dean Hall.

Dean Hall has suggested that his standalone version of Arma 2 mod DayZ, intended for PC and next gen consoles, might not be released on Xbox One due to publishing and patching restrictions.

Microsoft does not allow indies to self publish and charges for patches, while on PS4, issuing a patch is free, and indies can publish titles themselves, says Hall.

“We're happy to see DayZ on any console but there is a... I guess one problem,” Hall told us. “The console needs to not charge for us to do updates and it needs to be indie title friendly."

When asked whether Microsoft and Sony are still charging for patches, Hall replied: "As far as I'm aware, Microsoft is, Sony's not. And Sony allows you to self-publish. But who knows? Maybe Microsoft will change. From our perspective, we need self-publishing because DayZ would be a great digital download title.”

Hall added that Sony’s free patching policy is preferable because there are a lot of bugs in DayZ. “It's gonna take a long time for us to be able to iron this out and we don't wanna have to be paying ten, twenty thousand dollars – whatever it is – every time we wanna do an update.”

Hall’s remarks here echo Phil Fish’s decision not to patch Fez last year, as it would cost his studio “tens of thousands of dollars."

http://www.edge-online.com/news/dayz-set-to-arrive-on-ps4-but-could-skip-xbox-one/

I've been with Microsoft since the Xbox and owned a PS3 as well. I always thought Microsoft was the better company even with the pay to play bs. Now, with the crap Microsoft is spewing, I just can't support it.

They lost my vote when one man said "deal with it"

Found this on reddit, apparently the person asking xbox support if they get banned on xbox one will you lose all your games?

fWpJY1n.png

apparently you WILL lose all games attached to that account.

Just noticed now. lol it's 21 countries not states.

someone needs to get their ish together. One says states, one says countries. My money says it's both

MS defends $500 price point, claiming they deliver "thousands of dollars of value to people."

Microsoft's Xbox boss Don Mattrick has spoken out to defend the Xbox One's $500 price point, saying the company is in fact over-delivering value with the next-generation system.

"It's a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted," Mattrick said on Bloomberg TV. "We're over-delivering value against other choices I think consumers can get. Any modern product these days you look at it [and] $499 isn't a ridiculous price point. We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think they're going to love it when they use it."

Competitor Sony will offer its PlayStation 4 at $400 this holiday season, but Mattrick believes consumers will choose Xbox One for its suite of exclusive services and applications like an improved Xbox Live, as well as Skype, Twitch TV, SmartGlass, and Kinect.

"We're really making the living room your center of fun for your family," Mattrick said.

Every Xbox One will include a Kinect 2.0 sensor, while PS4 gamers will need to pay $60 to purchase a PlayStation Eye camera.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-defends-xbox-one-500-price-point-were-over-delivering-value-6410352/

MS defends $500 price point, claiming they deliver "thousands of dollars of value to people."

That is the point when anyone should realize that M$ is a software company. They actually believe that their modified Win8 or whatever version on the xbox one represents that value. But people buying gaming consoles don´t give a sh1t about software unless we are talking games.

Jimsmusic™ likes this

That is the point when anyone should realize that M$ is a software company. They actually believe that their modified Win8 or whatever version on the xbox one represents that value. But people buying gaming consoles don´t give a sh1t about software unless we are talking games.

yep, people get consoles for games.. not software

This story only talks about Navy Times, but I can confirm it appears in Army Times as well. I'm a veteran working on an Army installation, interacting with soldiers every single day. I can tell you this story is not sensationalized.... I have not talked to one person yet who isn't pissed about Xbox One. I make no attempt to hide my preference for PS4 on here, but when I talk games with people I just talk games... believe me I'm not "pushing PS4" at all in the conversations I have.

Lots of big time gamers in the military, mostly Xbox gamers, getting PS4 primarily because XB1 isn't even an option for them.

Independent military magazine Navy Times has published a new report blasting the Xbox One and its various policies that the publication describes as problematic for those on active duty.

The Xbox One will require users to connect to the Internet once every 24 hours, something Navy Lt. Scott Metcalf believes will be a "showstopper" for those serving downrange, in the field, or at sea.

A past report claimed Microsoft was working on a solution for those in Internet-free scenarios, though the company now says no such plan is in place.

In addition, the Xbox One will be supported in only 21 countries. Those stationed in major military regions like Germany, Italy, or Great Britain will not have a problem. However, service members in Japan, Kuwait, Afghanistan, or other areas are in a bind.

On top of this, since Xbox One games are region-locked, service members who import games won't be able to play them on their local machines. And as Navy Times points out, those who buy games locally will be out of luck, as Xbox Live accounts are tied to regions.

The publication also calls out potential "serious" security concerns for the Xbox One, involving the system's Kinect camera and/or microphone recording conversations not meant to be heard outside of the military. Microsoft has said that the Xbox One does not record idle living room chatter.

"Microsoft has single-handedly alienated the entire military," naval aviator Jay Johnson wrote in a Gamasutra piece. "And not just the U.S. military--the militaries of the entire world."

Johnson added that the Xbox One's Internet requirement is "the single greatest sin Microsoft has committed against all service members."

Xbox executive Don Mattrick last week offered an alternative for those without an Internet connection, such as military members and students.

"Fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360," Mattrick said. "If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/navy-publication-blasts-xbox-one-6410382/

Rumors:

Microsoft considering removing Kinect from XBone SKU (doubt this one is true, they want to let game makers be sure that everyone has a kinect)

Microsoft considering bundling free live trial (as in a few months - a year) in with XBone SKU

If these both somehow come true, then Microsoft might just force Sony's hand

I don't see how they can remove Kinect when the system seems to be very much built around Kinect integration. I mean yeah it would bring the price down and I would probably buy that SKU because I have zero interest in Kinect. It just seems unlikely to me, judging from what they've shown.

But they are pretty much doing anything they can right now to bump up their sales so who knows.

It was known that Respawn was making Titanfall a multiplayer only game before they even showed it at E3. And Zampella is completely right.... they spend tons of time, money, and effort making a single player campaign that the vast majority of players spend about 5-10 minutes in and then forget about. Then they rack up hundreds of hours on multiplayer. It divides resources, takes focus away from the multiplayer component that will be the most used by far, and not to mention cuts into revenue. It just doesn't make sense to do it... I don't even know why COD keeps making campaigns, nobody cares about it.

Battlefield 4 will have one but no one will care about it... if most people even use it at all.

I don't really care. Unless it's a Half Life, Portal, Wolfenstein, etc where it's a meaningful single player experience then I don't think it really matters. People talk about tacked on multiplayer... COD has tacked on single player. And that's all a Titanfall campaign would be, too. It's a white knuckle adrenaline game and people just want to play it online.