Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

2013 Prospects We Are Looking At (Falcons Related)

341 posts in this topic

I like Rodgers a good bit, but I feel like HD is maybe the most underrated player on these boards. I'm not stupid enough to think he's a world beater, but he's a very capable #3 receiver who simply doesn't get a lot of balls thrown his way because of all the talent at other positions. He has good hands, but I feel like he's pretty terrible at both creating separation and running routes...that's the biggest issue. He might be successful elsewhere, but Ryan relies on receivers running great routes - when HD runs sloppy ones, he isn't where he might expect him to be, and that leads to both interceptions and more difficult throws in general.

Rodgers is a good guy to target, in summary. Would really like to see us target Markus Wheaton if he falls pretty far, but a more realistic guy is Ryan Swope. Ace Sanders is a stud. Jordan Reed could be interesting, as could Jake Stoneburner, at least as late TE options. Wouldn't be surprised if TD pulled a 2009 and went all D in the draft minus 2 or 3 picks, though.

I haven't really wanted to say it, given all the good I've said about Greene, but I think Sio Moore has officially surpassed him as my favorite linebacker in the draft. Was initially drawn to him because of the other UConn players, but he's impossible to ignore. Such a fantastic football player.

Sio Moore has been my fav LB for a minute... He can literally play every LB ...4-3 and 3-4... He can cover and rush the passer

I also think HD is a lil under-rated but i will say this.. I do think we need to draft a mid-late round WR that can be a deep threat.... Thats not HD game at all... If Julio gets hurt... It take away our big play ability

HD is fine the way he is. He isn't a bad route runner or bad at creating separation imo. People look a little too much into him slipping on that one route. He isn't a WR who is going to win jump balls or be a deep threat. Not many slot WR's are that kind of player though.

I would be fine with going after a WR after round 3. Two guys that i like alot are Chris Harper KSU and Chad Bumphis MSU. Both guys are 4th round prospects or later.

Is anyone else surprised that the Falcons have only been linked to two confirmed specifically interested CBs & one is a proj 7th rd-Sweeting & the other proj as UDFA-Bouye I know the Falcons are secreatve but....

HD is fine the way he is. He isn't a bad route runner or bad at creating separation imo. People look a little too much into him slipping on that one route. He isn't a WR who is going to win jump balls or be a deep threat. Not many slot WR's are that kind of player though.

I would be fine with going after a WR after round 3. Two guys that i like alot are Chris Harper KSU and Chad Bumphis MSU. Both guys are 4th round prospects or later.

Thats my point.. rather he slipped or not.. I still think we need to add a WR with some deep threat .... HD is good working the middle of the field.. Im talking about if Julio or Roddy gets hurt

Thats my point.. rather he slipped or not.. I still think we need to add a WR with some deep threat .... HD is good working the middle of the field.. Im talking about if Julio or Roddy gets hurt

Anthony Amos?

I think most should agree with that. The problem is when people start throwing HD into the conversation as if he is the reason we need a different WR. It has nothing to do with him. Its the guys after him.

I think most should agree with that. The problem is when people start throwing HD into the conversation as if he is the reason we need a different WR. It has nothing to do with him. Its the guys after him.

No... I dont blame HD.. I think its the dudes behind him and i think its a element we will miss if Julio went down.

Do not want. Just based on what I'd seen before. Watching a game of his just now, freakish arms but he flashes no pass rushing moves and poor burst off the line. Bad run defender too. Admittedly I have little experience watching him, and I'll keep watching, but I don't like it at this point.

Anyone know more about Melvin White? He caught my attention in the East Carolina/Lousiana Lafayette game, watching a few other games of his, paying attention in the Florida one since he's going up against better competition. Got some highlights for you kids who dig that, just search his name. Big corner, 6'3, extremely violent hitter for a corner and can get physical in man but doesn't look out of place in zone coverage either. Small school prospect so it's hard to tell whether he's really that good or he just looks good against the competition. Could be a safety convert or hybrid role player though, so I thought you guys might be interested and want to take a closer look. I'm going to keep looking stuff up.

I'd take Goodman cause of his measurables, but he definitely hasn't proven to be a great DE yet. He is one of those guys that fits the label " shown flashes of brilliance " to me.

Kennesaw77 likes this

I'd take Goodman cause of his measurables, but he definitely hasn't proven to be a great DE yet. He is one of those guys that fits the label " shown flashes of brilliance " to me.

He absolutely raped Vadal Alexander in the bowl game. Unexpected since Alexander was a good starter as a true freshman.

Clark Kent™ likes this

Anyone know more about Melvin White? He caught my attention in the East Carolina/Lousiana Lafayette game, watching a few other games of his, paying attention in the Florida one since he's going up against better competition. Got some highlights for you kids who dig that, just search his name. Big corner, 6'3, extremely violent hitter for a corner and can get physical in man but doesn't look out of place in zone coverage either. Small school prospect so it's hard to tell whether he's really that good or he just looks good against the competition. Could be a safety convert or hybrid role player though, so I thought you guys might be interested and want to take a closer look. I'm going to keep looking stuff up.

Seems like a less talented Trumaine Johnson, which is a bit of an issue for his pro prospects. He's also more likely to measure at 6'1 at his pro day on the 28th. Don't think he has great speed, but he'd be out of his comfort zone at safety. You don't always need great speed to be a good corner, but he hasn't played against a good WR......ever. He's going to go head first into the National Football League and be faced with no slower than 4.5 WR speed and real talent if he ever gets on the field. He could probably be shielded early on as a dime or nickel back.

I don't know why these schools list CBs at 6'3. Same for NC State and David Amerson. 6'1 is a **** good height, when you list it accurately and they come in at that height it's impressive and reaffirms and positive impression. When you're expecting 6'3 and you've built that assumption into your evaluation as a positive and then he comes in two inches shorter at 6'1 --- an actual positive is then viewed as a negative because they have to revise it downward. It's dumb.

He absolutely raped Vadal Alexander in the bowl game. Unexpected since Alexander was a good starter as a true freshman.

Yeah that is the most promising thing about him as that he stepped up in a big game. Thats something that is very encouraging to me.

Not the first, he has too much work to be done still. Second would be good by me, ideally trading to the early third. I really like him either way.

Lemonier is this year's Bruce Irvin.