Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

2013 Prospects We Are Looking At (Falcons Related)

341 posts in this topic

If you want an UDFA sleeper its a young man named Jumal Rolle from Catawba. Kid is a bit raw, but can play. with some coaching, he could break into the defensive rotation after a year or so

According to Walter Football

Atlanta Falcons:

Defensive Line

Tank Carradine, DL, Florida State (PRI)

T.J. Barnes, DL, Georgia Tech (PRO)

Dewayne Cherrington, DL, Mississippi State (PRO)

Malliciah Goodman, DL, Clemson (PRI)

Datone Jones, DL, UCLA (PRO)

Corey Lemonier, DL, Auburn (PRI)

Stansly Maponga, DL, TCU (PRI)

Cornelius Washington, DL, Georgia (PRI)

Nick Williams, DL, Samford (COM)

Corners & Safeties

Jonathan Cyprien, DB, Florida International (PRI)

Will Davis, DB, Utah State (PRI)

Josh Evans, S, Florida (EW)

Dwayne Gratz, DB, Connecticut (PRI)

Tyrann Mathieu, DB, LSU (PRI)

Leon McFadden, DB, San Diego State (PRO)

Zeke Motta, DB, Notre Dame (PRI)

Darius Slay, DB, Mississippi State (PRI)

Brandon Smith, DB, Georgia (PRO)

D.J. Swearinger, DB, South Carolina (PRI)

Rod Sweeting, DB, Georgia Tech (EW)

Jamar Taylor, DB, Boise State (PRI)

Desmond Trufant, DB, Washington (PRI)

Duke Williams, S, Nevada (EW%)

Earl Wolff, DB, N.C. State (PRI)

Blidi Wreh-Wilson, DB, Connecticut (PRI)

Linebackers

Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon (PRI)

Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia (PRI)

Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M (PRI)

Keith Pough, LB, Howard (INT)

Running Backs

Le'Veon Bell%, RB, Michigan State (PRO) (COM)

David Carter, RB, Morehouse (PRO)

Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida (PRI)

Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA (PRI)

Montel Harris, RB, Temple (EW)

Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford (PRI)

Tight Ends

Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State (PRO)

D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers (EW)

Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn (PRO)

Emmanuel Ogbuehi, TE, Georgia State (PRO)

Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (INT)

Wide Receivers

Anthony Amos, WR, Middle Tennessee State (EW)

Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor (SR)

Offensive Line

Jamaal Johnson-Webb, OL, Alabama A&M (PRO)

Edmund Kuglia, OL, Valdosta State (PRO)

Brian Schwenke, OL, California (PRI)

Quarterbacks

Seth Doege, QB, Texas Tech (EW)

I'd be sick to my stomach wasting a dollar on pough. He iz slow light weight no burst and weak. No where near a legit nfl prospect.

Shame on you walter football

Just a thought here...with DJ Hayden possibly moving up into top 20 consideration and thoughts of Milliner dropping from the top 10, it's very possible only two corners (Hayden and Milliner) will be taken before pick 22 of the Rams, though I see another coming off at 23 to the Vikings possibly, and a big run on CBs starting late in the first. It's possible a third comes off before then, but if one doesn't, or if it's Trufant...

I'm just saying, if Xavier Rhodes is looking to be there at 22, we have a good connection to the Rams' FO and Rhodes is my favorite cornerback in the draft by far. It would take our 4th this year and a 3rd next year to move up to 22...pocket change when you consider just how good Rhodes is.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for this one. There's a lot of "possibly" involved. It's not outrageous now that Hayden's moving up draft boards and Milliner could be moving down...thoughts?

I'd be sick to my stomach wasting a dollar on pough. He iz slow light weight no burst and weak. No where near a legit nfl prospect.

Shame on you walter football

Shame on them for reporting that we met with him at the East/West Shrine game, when we did?

Where did you read that Hayden may move into the 1st? I still think Cleveland goes CB.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/379694-mike-mayock-expects-no-corners-to-go-top-10-in-draft

http://fansided.com/2013/04/18/nfl-draft-2013-dj-hayden-is-no-1-cornerback-on-mike-mayocks-board/

I don't always agree with his opinions on players, but he tends to be right on where guys go on draft day. If no CB is selected in the top 10 and Hayden is one of the top corners selected, Rhodes falling to 22 seems pretty dang possible.

Shame on them for reporting that we met with him at the East/West Shrine game, when we did?

he is not an nlf caliber guy. he wont get drafted.

he doesnt compare to last years sack guy, adrian hamilton of prairie view.

pough is a long shot to make the league

\

I rtemember when most was screaming no to michael johnson... Most begged for him this offseason.

People were screaming not to take him at #24 overall with so many better players on the board. We were absolutely right since he averaged less than 4 sacks a game in his first three seasons. The timing of this is a blueprint example of the danger of drafting unproven prospects projected to improve at the next level. Johnson didn't become a solid NFL player until he was in his contract year. The person a lot of us wanted instead, Clay Matthews, has been everything he was predicted to be but he got (absurdly) dinged by scouts for being a one year wonder in college.

he is not an nlf caliber guy. he wont get drafted.

he doesnt compare to last years sack guy, adrian hamilton of prairie view.

pough is a long shot to make the league

Keith Pough, the all-time FCS leader in tackles for loss? Man, I am diametrically opposed to you on him. Also, NFL.com gives him a grade that ties him for 123rd overall. It's difficult to envision a scenario where he doesn't get drafted.

Keith Pough, the all-time FCS leader in tackles for loss? Man, I am diametrically opposed to you on him. Also, NFL.com gives him a grade that ties him for 123rd overall. It's difficult to envision a scenario where he doesn't get drafted.

Run stopping linebacker that wins with instinct rather than atleticism, as a replacement for the useless Robert James, I wouldn't be opposed.

I think drafting Toilolo in the mid-Late round and the guy learning from Tony G how to practice and use that big body as a receiever could be HUGE

Good call jbo!!

It was asked a few times how many of the prospects they draft are the ones they have a private workout with or bring in for a visit. This year all of them fit that bill besides Renfree and Ishmael, but they may have worked them out without us learning about it.

People were screaming not to take him at #24 overall with so many better players on the board. We were absolutely right since he averaged less than 4 sacks a game in his first three seasons. The timing of this is a blueprint example of the danger of drafting unproven prospects projected to improve at the next level. Johnson didn't become a solid NFL player until he was in his contract year. The person a lot of us wanted instead, Clay Matthews, has been everything he was predicted to be but he got (absurdly) dinged by scouts for being a one year wonder in college.

Well half of his development/stats low was because they was playing the Man at SLB ... Making him lose weight (250) and switching his position his 1st couple of years (first 2 years) .. We see what he is now.

Just a thought here...with DJ Hayden possibly moving up into top 20 consideration and thoughts of Milliner dropping from the top 10, it's very possible only two corners (Hayden and Milliner) will be taken before pick 22 of the Rams, though I see another coming off at 23 to the Vikings possibly, and a big run on CBs starting late in the first. It's possible a third comes off before then, but if one doesn't, or if it's Trufant...

I'm just saying, if Xavier Rhodes is looking to be there at 22, we have a good connection to the Rams' FO and Rhodes is my favorite cornerback in the draft by far. It would take our 4th this year and a 3rd next year to move up to 22...pocket change when you consider just how good Rhodes is.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for this one. There's a lot of "possibly" involved. It's not outrageous now that Hayden's moving up draft boards and Milliner could be moving down...thoughts?

I freaking nailed the trade up...except that we didn't draft Rhodes. When we traded up I actually choked on my drink. WHY OH WHY MUST LOVE BE SO CRUEL

Nah, I'm happy with Trufant, gotta trust what the FO sees in him.

And right on cue, he went undrafted. Poyer and his agents have a lot of explaining to do.