Manti Te'o Showed Up For Falcons Interview

I saw the interview today - my opinion has shifted in this whole saga from where my gut was at first. I am 47 yrs old and I did not grow up with the internet and all of this on-line dating, sexting, etc. -(I am "old school", see a hot girl - go up and talk to her - what a novel idea.)

I've seen some of these catfish tv shows and apparently this happens more than you would think. I guess if you are a fat girl or a geeky guy - or gay - the internet affords you the option to "be who you want to be" and many of these people deceive others for their own fantasy and enjoyment.

I think Te'o probably was duped from everything I have seen so far. Having said that, its not all wine and roses for him because I draw that conclusion. To me, it says this guy is not extremely bright - because I just think - at some point, he should have figured out this thing was fake - but he did not.

In the end, Te'o's stock should not be hurt too much by the whole "catfish scenario". I believe Te'o is a 2nd round talent - mid-to-late 2nd round - i probably would knock him down 1/2 round just for being naive.

At the end of the day, Te'o should be drafted where his football skills say he should - probably in the #25-45 range.

For the Falcons, I don't think I like him - not sure I see him as a difference maker - he definitely is an NFL starter but I think his career will be rather average. If he fell to Falcons 2nd round pick, he might be considered but I believe there will be other players I will like more. Te'o will be gone before Falcons pick in 3rd round for sure.

Not many dumb people get into ND. And even though Te'o is an athlete and they don't abide by the strict admissions of other students still hard to get into that school

Say what yall will about huigging invisible gf's in the backfield, he was still getting major penetration on the worlds greatest college football offensive line. We've already got guys that can get that same penetration. There will never be the kind of mismatch between offensive line and defensive line in the nfl. Teo will have nfl players surrounding him, his skill and leadership got an ok talented team through an undefeated regular season and into the nccg. Spoon and teo with a little more talent in front of them will upgrade the entire defense. he allows beerman to be strictly a pass rusher run container, instead of playing safety. Say what you will about beerman he does get pressure he doesn't always get the sack if he gets his hands on the defender. He's usually having to try and make a play at an awkward angle. Plus this is supposedly a deep pass rush draft.

I don't even care about the fake girlfriend junk, because I still believe what I believe about that,he just didn't look good when the spotlight was on him. We already wiff on too many tackles, we don't need anyone else that we are sure is not a thumper

He missed two tackles before that game total and you can't tell me they weren't in the spot light during the regular season. Te'o may not be worthy of the runner up in Heisman voting but for people to act like he isn't very good based on one game doesn't make much sense to me. My guess is most around here didn't see him play more than once or twice and think they have some idea.

He missed two tackles before that game total and you can't tell me they weren't in the spot light during the regular season. Te'o may not be worthy of the runner up in Heisman voting but for people to act like he isn't very good based on one game doesn't make much sense to me. My guess is most around here didn't see him play more than once or twice and think they have some idea.

+1

I saw him play for 2 years, all the ND games. He's good. One of the most sure-handed tacklers, and very good in coverage. He's smart, and a great leader.

People forget that ND started this season unrated because they WEREN'T supposed to be very good. The defense had a couple decent players, but nothing to be fawning over.

T'eo, took charge and led that team to an undefeated season.

He's good. The circus about the GF is stupid, and he's done well in the spotlight.

Let the haters hate. Two seasons from now those of us who have been proclaiming how good he really is, can say "I told you so". I just hope we're doing it with T'eo in Falcons red and black.

+1

I saw him play for 2 years, all the ND games. He's good. One of the most sure-handed tacklers, and very good in coverage. He's smart, and a great leader.

People forget that ND started this season unrated because they WEREN'T supposed to be very good. The defense had a couple decent players, but nothing to be fawning over.

T'eo, took charge and led that team to an undefeated season.

He's good. The circus about the GF is stupid, and he's done well in the spotlight.

Let the haters hate. Two seasons from now those of us who have been proclaiming how good he really is, can say "I told you so". I just hope we're doing it with T'eo in Falcons red and black.

He may be a decent player but it's almost like he has a screw loose the way he was duped for so long and to be that theatrical about the whole episode while in reality he never even met this mythical mistress. I don't think he's in touch with reality. With other choices available I don't see too many franchises investing serious $$$ in this kind of soap opera.

That's my take.