Terron Armstead

Arkansas-Pine Bluff OL Terron Armstead ran an unofficial 4.65 during his first forty at the Combine.

Armstead was one of the best players at the East-West Shrine game and continued that effort with a call up during Senior Bowl week. He's played tackle during his career, but is so fluid and athletic in space that he could see some guard snaps. A second-round pick could be in his future.

We do need a LT!

How? He is a better player with more potential who played vs much better competition.

One his age, Watson is already 24 then he really only played one year at fsu not really big difference in playing against competition! Watson played Rt not LT. Armstead started 3 years a LT!

Edited by head busta from augusta

One his age, Watson is already 24 then he really only played one year at fsu not really big difference in playing against competition! Watson played Rt not LT. Armstead started 3 years a LT!

You act like 24 is old.

He JUST started playing football a few years ago.

There is a huge difference between playing in top FBS talent every week and playing VS Black schools like Alabama st.

Watson easily has the athleticism to play LT.

Armstead is at a much worse school and has played football longer. Watson hasn't even been in this country that long.

24 compare to 20 means you lose potential 4 year of play, not overwhelming but it is a factor. Armstead played at a smaller school was a personal choice wanted to do shot put not from inability.

Watson playing one year RT in the ACC did not necessarily play against top competition either. Give me the guy who dominated at the position regardless of level of competition.

At the end of the day neither played LT against tough competition regardless what school they went to.

How did he not play VS top competition?

Watson was a JUCO transfer that's why he didn't play in previous yrs.

Clemson, VT, Florida.

What top teams did Armstead play?

Jackson St, Grambling, Alabama A&M.

Armstead didn't "dominate". Have you seen his film?

No, but Watson obviously has the athleticism to play LT.

You guys do know that Fisher the second best LT top 10 pick played for a small school right? One of the best LT played for Boise St it's not that far fetch of an idea!

There is a huge huge huge difference between C. Michigan (FBS), Boise St. (FBS), and a team like Arkansas Pine Bluff (FCS Black league)

Okay last we took Lamar Holmes from a small school in the 3rd and Zebrie Sanders (ACC), in my opinion a better prospect than Watson is this year went in the 5th. It is not about the school, we have never seen Watson play LT and to think just because he when to a big school and he has certain attributes puts him ahead of a guy who has been doing it his whole career is small box thinking. You run with Watson give me Armstead and tell me how that works out for you. Look at the senior and shrine bowl did it look like Armstead could not play with some of these guys? He was the best lineman at the shrine bowl and played very well at the senior bowl top 3 behind Fisher and Johnson. What has Watson done again other than played for FSU one year?

Edited by head busta from augusta

Okay last we took Lamar Holmes from a small school in the 3rd and Zebrie Sanders (ACC), in my opinion a better prospect than Watson is this year went in the 5th. It is not about the school, we have never seen Watson play LT and to think just because he when to a big school and he has certain attributes puts him ahead of a guy who has been doing it his whole career is small box thinking. You run with Watson give me Armstead and tell me how that works out for you. Look at the senior and shrine bowl did it look like Armstead could not play with some of these guys? He was the best lineman at the shrine bowl and played very well at the senior bowl top 3 behind Fisher and Johnson. What has Watson done again other than played for FSU one year?

No I'm saying Armstead should be behind Watson because Watson is the superior player who went to a better school.

Armstead did better than Brian Winters, Larry Warford, Chance Warmack, and Jordan Mills?

What else did he have the opportunity to do? He couldn't play in any All-Star games because he was only a JR. Go watch film on both and get back to me.

Edited by Kennesaw77

No I'm saying Armstead should be behind Watson because Watson is the superior player who went to a better school.

Armstead did better than Brian Winters, Larry Warford, DJ Fluker, and Jordan Mills?

What else did he have the opportunity to do? He couldn't play in any All-Star games because he was only a JR. Go watch film on both and get back to me.

Fluker was a jr he played in the senior bowl!!!!

And yes Armstead was the 3rd best line at the senior bowl.