Who's The Te With The Most Upside In This Years Draft?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How can someone be "overrated" because of his time at a combine? What did he do on the field? That's what I'm looking at?

Well when you say a guy like Escobar could be the next Tony Gonzalez then has a 32 inch very then backs that up with 4.80 40's he could still be a solid player but I really don't see him now as top TE at the next level Eifert though in my option could be a jimmy graham type TE

Well when you say a guy like Escobar could be the next Tony Gonzalez then has a 32 inch very then backs that up with 4.80 40's he could still be a solid player but I really don't see him now as top TE at the next level Eifert though in my option could be a jimmy graham type TE

I guarantee you Gonzalez didn't run faster than a 4.8 40.

Gragg ran fast. Clearly he's the best TE in this draft. laugh.png

He's a WR playing TE heck I believe he's smaller than Julio I don't see him as a TE but yes the bad thing is he will rise up draft boards because of his speed and football is a game of speed getting your great althetes in space and using that speed.

Kelce=Gronk.

Eifert is overrated.

Escobar could be great.

Stoneburner is biggest steal.

Sounds like Kelce is like Gronk more than just athletic prototype, he might be a PR mess as well LOL

One guy I really like at TE is Otten from SJSU, and I think he will have great value in the 4th. He's flying under the radar pretty well so far, seeing a lot of Escobar and Kelce talk but nothing about this kid. I like him in the 4th. not a fan of the kid from Florida, can't see him as ever being even a mediocre blocker.

Show me.

And either way, I was talking about him while he was with us. Thought that'd be obvious.

You really have no point because Tony Gonzalez is only the greatest TE in history think what you will go Google it he was a two sport guy played in the Final Four

You are really killing your creditably trying to compare any of the TE's to tony he may not run a 4.80 now but I grantee he'll make up for it with his knowledge of the game

Let me make it simpler your try to compare orange to apples

Show me.

And either way, I was talking about him while he was with us. Thought that'd be obvious.

Wouldn't you consider that by the time TG was with the Falcons that he was very experienced in the elague, understood the game more than he was a rookie...

Its a trade off of youth to veteran...???

Would you rather rookie TE running 4.8 with no NFL experience or a 12 year veteran TE running 4.8 with that many years of experience...

There is not a comparison to be made...if a TE runs 4.8 or slower, he better be able to block, cause he will not stretch the seam against PWillis, NBowman, or many other LBs in the elague, and definetely not a S...plus the guy was the same size...not like Sims where he is at 265lbs...

You really have no point because Tony Gonzalez is only the greatest TE in history think what you will go Google it he was a two sport guy played in the Final Four

You are really killing your creditably trying to compare any of the TE's to tony he may not run a 4.80 now but I grantee he'll make up for it with his knowledge of the game

I saw that when he came here, he actually ran a 4.78 for the guys. A quick google again. I'm not wasting time searching for it.

Official times:

Eifert: 4.68

Ertz: 4.76

Escobar: 4.84

Gragg: 4.50

Reed: 4.72

Sims: 4.75

Stoneburner: 4.65

I really love Eifert on tape, but unless we address the defense in FA, I just don't see us having the luxury of taking him at #30...I think we will have to look for 3-6 round guy...

Maybe that could be Stoneburner???

I saw that when he came here, he actually ran a 4.78 for the guys. A quick google again. I'm not wasting time searching for it.

I said in the post that's what I was talking about. I don't get it anyways, I never compared the two players, Gonzo is the greatest TE of all time and I want Stoneburner, not Escobar, even though Escobar is good - I'm just trying to make a point that 40 time isn't the be all end all.

I'm not comparing him to Gonzalez. I never did. You did. I just think Escobar is good. You came in saying he was comparable to Tony G by some people but you didn't think he was because Gonzo ran some ridiculous 40. I said I didn't think Gonzalez did that, and you inferred that I thought Escobar was like Gonzalez somehow.

And now another guy thinks I'm comparing them and bashing Gonzo as well.

This is hilarious.

Edited by TuggIe2

He really don't know football.

Official times:

Eifert: 4.68

Ertz: 4.76

Escobar: 4.84

Gragg: 4.50

Reed: 4.72

Sims: 4.75

Stoneburner: 4.65

I really love Eifert on tape, but unless we address the defense in FA, I just don't see us having the luxury of taking him at #30...I think we will have to look for 3-6 round guy...

Maybe that could be Stoneburner???

Been screaming Stoneburner for a while now.

Yep. Stoneburner in the 5th would make me a very happy individual.

Maybe 4th comp pick??? I think he has looked good in drills....

I thought Gragg looked like a slightly larger WR (ala David Boston???) Looked solid though and might possibly could be a slot mismatch if used correctly...

Eifert, Ertz, Escobar looked solid as well...just depends what positions we prioritize...