The Saddest Map In America

But I doubt the map accurately shows how Americans regard European countries, because some countries have labels that even well travelled Europeans barely know... for example, not many people know that a crazy amount im portuguese immegrants live in Luxembourg, hence the name Portugal II.

Edited by Herr Beast

But I doubt the map accurately shows how Americans regard European countries, because some countries have labels that even well travelled Europeans barely know... for example, not many people know that a crazy amount im portuguese immegrants live in Luxembourg, hence the name Portugal II.

I WAS wondering that actually that and the fact that Portugal was still labeled Portugal (unless I missing something). I get the feeling a Portuguese or a Portuguese American might have created this.

And there are two soccer references, Greece (shocking winner of 2004 EC) and Denmark, being named by its maybe or maybe not most famous soccer player of the past. But if that map was made by a Portuguese American, he probably does have knowledge on European soccer.

But at least Americans have any opinion about European countries. Most Europeans wouldn´t find Texas on an American Map... my mother thought Texas is west coast and she is quite an educated woman :)