Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

2013 Imd Discussion

1,039 posts in this topic

You took over for a Ravens team that didn't have Flacco -- I believe you have Barkley.

no...don't think so - nice try though ;) .....I am not into all the fake trading 6 starting players anyway. As far as I know, I had this team from the start and did not trade any current players - that part of this exercise seems ludicrous to me anyways....

no...don't think so - nice try though wink.png .....I am not into all the fake trading 6 starting players anyway. As far as I know, I had this team from the start and did not trade any current players - that part of this exercise seems ludicrous to me anyways....

well then perhaps you don't get how the IMD work....sorry you don't like it. Not nice try, the Jets actually have Flacco. The Ravens have another QB if drafted, otherwise you left them with Tyrod Taylor. And you obviously know you didn't have the team from the start, that's why you take over from an inactive GM.

Why I even bother sometimes...

Of all the picks to nail m2falcons --- you nailed the 5th rounder. I love Josh Boyce. He's my second favorite slot WR in the draft behind Tavon and tied with Marquise.

We've had great fortune with a player who had the "Julio" fracture and still ran a sub 4.4 40 (Julio himself obviously), and now Boyce did it. Boyce is incredibly tough and remained a playmaker on a bad team even after Dalton and the stingy D left town. He's an ideal slot WR for the Falcons.

I can only pray we snatch him up in the 5th in real life. I don't think he'll fall though. His true speed is 4.3 flat, he has great hands and he's very shifty. I can't even imagine what his numbers would have been like in the slot in a passing adept offense.

He could be Armanti Edwards or he could be Antwaan Randle El...I'm thinking his production will be closer to Randle el

well then perhaps you don't get how the IMD work....sorry you don't like it. Not nice try, the Jets actually have Flacco. The Ravens have another QB if drafted, otherwise you left them with Tyrod Taylor. And you obviously know you didn't have the team from the start, that's why you take over from an inactive GM.

Why I even bother sometimes...

whatever - nobody told me i was taking over for someone.....

I just participated in draft - so I don't care about the dayum IMD fantasy trades.....i choose to participate in the realistic part of the IMD - the draft - and not fantasy football.

so, maybe your right - maybe your wrong - but I was not a part of trading Joe Flacco or losing him to free agency.

How are draft acquisitions more realistic than FA acquisitions?...to each his own

well for one, in my case - did the Baltimore Ravens let Joe Flacco "walk" or did they pay him 6 years, $120mm?

When was the last time a "top 10" QB in his prime was not either franchised or re-signed?

whatever - nobody told me i was taking over for someone.....

I just participated in draft - so I don't care about the dayum IMD fantasy trades.....i choose to participate in the realistic part of the IMD - the draft - and not fantasy football.

so, maybe your right - maybe your wrong - but I was not a part of trading Joe Flacco or losing him to free agency.

if it makes you feel any better -- you can have Sanchez for the last pick in the draft :)

well for one, in my case - did the Baltimore Ravens let Joe Flacco "walk" or did they pay him 6 years, $120mm?

When was the last time a "top 10" QB in his prime was not either franchised or re-signed?

Drew Brees, Daunte Culpepper, Joe Montana, I can go on but this isn't the point. He wasn't tagged by the Ravens so he became fair game and I won him vs. a Dolphins bid. I was fully prepared to take Geno Smith at #9 if Flacco wasn't available, but it turned out I got a Top 10 QB in FA instead.

Players change teams differently in the IMD than in real life every year. Two years ago it was Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson and many, many others. as the Jets GM I signed Cliff Avril last year and this year. Same for trading for Jon Stewart. Everyone builds their team differently.

The Sanchez offer stands :D

Drew Brees, Daunte Culpepper, Joe Montana, I can go on but this isn't the point. He wasn't tagged by the Ravens so he became fair game and I won him vs. a Dolphins bid. I was fully prepared to take Geno Smith at #9 if Flacco wasn't available, but it turned out I got a Top 10 QB in FA instead.

Players change teams differently in the IMD than in real life every year. Two years ago it was Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson and many, many others. as the Jets GM I signed Cliff Avril last year and this year. Same for trading for Jon Stewart. Everyone builds their team differently.

The Sanchez offer stands biggrin.png

Ok......it is what it is. I did not participate in that part of the IMD. As far a as your Drew Brees example - you know why that is not comparable - most NFL teams thought Brees was seriously damaged goods because of his shoulder - some even thought he might not play again - Saints took a chance on Brees and it paid off in spades. Culpepper fell from grace and was a shell of his former self when he hit free agency - and Dolphins still took him over Brees - that is how bad both of these guys were perceived in free agency. Joe Montana was at the very, very end of his career - none of your examples hold water and you know it.

I love the draft part of this thing but I think the whole trade-o-rama is stupid. just my opinion which probably is not shared by most of you.

To me, the purpose of this is to "take the team that exists" in the real NFL and try to improve upon it in the draft. I will stay w/ my approach - you can stay w/ yours.

But the unibrow is still on the Ravens - would be happy to send you the link that shows this is so. JETS starter is still Sanchez wink.png Ravens are still SuperBowl Champs, Jets are still a JOKE.

Oh I agree with this 100%. I made a suggestion about how to fix that earlier

But here's the thing..if every GM at least protected their star players, some rosters wouldn't look so Madden-esque.

Trades can be pretty unrealistic around here, so I understand not wanting to participate in that but having GMs active throughout the entire process would make the game more interesting (and slightly more realistic)

g-dawg likes this

With the 32nd pick in the 5th round (#160 overall), the Baltimore Ravens select:

baltimore_ravens_thumb.png

*******Chris Harper, WR - Kansas State*******

was eying harper @ 25 in 5th. good pick

g-dawg likes this

nice pick b_lo of commings.. someone i know talked to a few scouts on him and gentry estes reported this also but he has moved up a lot of boards (gentry was told a few had him with a 1st round grade). the one question he answered with his 40 run at the combine. they love how physical he is and he will be picked earlier then some analysts project. i actually forgot all about him.. LOL

Thnx Sac....Its alot of guys on the board that's surprising. Im glad to have gotten Cummings as I must've missed Trevardo (still had him on my board), but you picked the guy I was targeting twice in a row smh.

I couldn't believe Sanders Commings was still avaiable. Since Trevardo was gone, I was gonna try and grab Sanders with my first pick in the 6th. Just what Seattle needs, another long corner!

Did we shorten the time per pick? I know Philly went off the clock at 730 AM, so AZ is OTC currently. If we're down to 3 hours they're off in 30 and then Cleveland is OTC.

Then it's GB, BUF, NYJ.

If Sanders is there for our pick in the 5th, that'd be insane. In a good way.

I watch a lot of Rutgers football, being a fan of Khaseem Greene and Logan Ryan, and Mark Harrison, while a physical freak, just never seems to put it together. He's very slow off the ball and out of his breaks. Easy pick late in the draft though, based on sheer potential. Wouldn't take him higher than the early 5th though.

Have we gone to 3 hours? I've been targeting this guy since the fourth round -- he's the one I made the ninja face about and have been trying to trade up for -- and he's somehow still available. I think people must have forgotten about him since he isn't a workout buzz guy, but he's the last guy left at his position who can start and play well Day 1.