Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

2013 Imd Discussion

1,039 posts in this topic

Quick question from the new guy. If you trade away a player, what does that mean for the money you would have payed him?

nada

Trades don't help your cap situation.....too many moving parts already ;)

That's what I was thinking, I'm sure it was in the rules but I thought asking might be quicker and easier, and I was right.

nada

Trades don't help your cap situation.....too many moving parts already ;)

thank goodness. I'm really glad I didn't have to eat DeMeco's salary...lol

thank goodness. I'm really glad I didn't have to eat DeMeco's salary...lol

Wasn't worried about that, but between him and unloading Nnamdi to TB I would have been in a completely new tax bracket lol.

Three posts in a row, how lucky am I?

Pretty simple question: who's trying to move around in the draft? I'm open to hear some talks about it if anyone wants to message me. It can be about a deal with the Eagles or any other team, I'm just very interested in teams moving around.

When is the deadline for teams to Franchise Tag a player ?

20 Feb (11:59pm EST)

Deadline to franchise a player

Deadline to tender an RFA

Deadline to cut a player

I think the Kansas City Chiefs got raped for Nick Foles...

Considering that a lot of people see it as feasible that a 2nd round pick could be the asking price in the real league and I countered your lowball offer of a 4th for a 3rd and you accepted it, in what way were you raped?

How? Those are exactly the terms that are being discussed in real life.

Name one QB in the 2013 NFL draft that will drop to the 3rd round that you would rather have than Nick Foles.

I can't name one QB in the 2013 NFL draft that will drop to the 2nd round that I would rather have than Foles.

Kennesaw77 likes this

I can't name one QB in the 2013 NFL draft that will drop to the 2nd round that I would rather have than Foles.

That was my thoughts, but it wasn't likely that I was going to get a 2nd from a guy that's complaining that he gave up a 3rd.

I can't name a QB in the entire draft I liked as much as Foles when he came out.

I'd take Geno before him and 2011 Barkley. That's it, though.

No advantage for showing your hand early.

You're right about that. People are definitely going to jump in about a week left in FA bidding, maybe even later than that.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised there is so much time to do FA. It's not hard to assess your team needs and then make moves accordingly. I'm ready for the draft, lol.

I feel like the earlier I get my stuff figured out, the more time I have to prepare for the draft which is undoubtedly the main reason I joined this thing.

Btw, I forget who I was arguing with....I guess I would say discussing.....the Jets cap situation with all of the releases I said would happen weeks ago.

Well the Jets released Calvin Pace, Bart Scott, Eric Smith, Jason Smith, and Josh Baker today and are $8 million under the cap and with the cap projecting to be higher than anticipated that would make it $9 million at least. That's without restructures for guys like David Harris, Sione Pouha, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, etc. So essentially.....ha ha ha I told you....whoever you are.

I think I'm going to stick with the IMD, although don't expect my wheeling and dealing of many years' past. I know last year's Stafford trade ruffled some feathers (come on......it was sick for the Jets.....we became AFC favorites :D), so that won't be happening this year. Unless whoever is GM'ing Detroit really wants Sanchez....so yeah. The same friend of mine who helped me last year will also be helping me this year.

That being said, I think with the Jets in a full rebuild I'm willing to sell my contending pieces if the right price comes along to guys who need them:

CB Darrelle Revis - best CB in the game, eliminate your opponents #1 WR

ILB David Harris - Top 5 3-4 ILB in his prime, likely to stay a Jet in real life but his cap # is too high for me and I'm all in on the rebuild and going young

NT Sione Pouha - #1 3-4 NT, has 2-3 years left of very good play. Would best be suited on a contender, so I'm doubtful to ship him to a bottom of the league team because Sione has been good to us. Unless you offer something ridiculous. But a lot of teams are shifting to a 3-4 and really need a NT, so this would make some sense in real life.

PM me with offers, I've cleared out space in my inbox. I know last year it got full rather quickly, I'll try to avoid that.