Ogletree Dui

Diesel_Bird

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an idiot.

This would steer me away from a player not only because of how dumb and low character drinking and driving is, but also how stupid it is to not be able to keep his nose clean for just two more months when he will be more scrutinized than any time in his life.

Edited by Butudontseeme™

Long live the Falcons Filter. I think it's a very prudent move to exclude players who prove they are clueless dumbazzes.

I do too. I'm also glad that we don't hear 4-5 times every year that one of our players has done something really stupid. Less Michael Turner this year of course and Abe if you consider being grouchy about getting into your own house being a troublemaker.

UGA and LSU players have a history of making poor choices to be honest. Half the UGA defense had some sort of misdemeanor or other at some point during the year, sometimes multiple.

It probably has something to do with how they are deified in campus and largely protected from scrutiny during their playin days. Wonder how much of this kind of thing would be swept under the rug if Ogletree was playing at UGA next year?

Not going to fall to 30 either way. I don't think it's going to do to much though. The guy is going to tear up the combine. And we all know that good performance solves all past mistakes.

Doubt he even goes in the first now and to be honest I think the 2nd might be pushing it. This close to the draft coupled with an already questionable character is going to be like kryptonite to NFL teams.

It probably has something to do with how they are deified in campus and largely protected from scrutiny during their playin days. Wonder how much of this kind of thing would be swept under the rug if Ogletree was playing at UGA next year?

I agree. I think it's inexcusable for people and institutions to allow athletes to wallow in a bubble of entitlement and irresponsibility so the school can exploit them for wealth and publicity. This reprehensible double-standard can have a very negative impact on the athlete and can even cause them to self-destruct at some point as we've seen in so many other cases. Is there nothing left of our once-noble culture but the all-out pursuit of the almighty dollar?

Edited by PokerSteve

I love how everyone is calling the kid a dumbass, etc... How many of you have did stupid things and just didn't get caught? I know I've done a TON, especially when I was 18-21...

I've drank and drove many times at his age..

You can't judge someone on one stupid move they made. This may be his one f*** up.

If he falls to 30 somehow, i'd def take him. Worth the risk.

I love how everyone is calling the kid a dumbass, etc... How many of you have did stupid things and just didn't get caught? I know I've done a TON, especially when I was 18-21...

You can't judge someone on one stupid move they made. This may be his one f*** up.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges. This pea-brain was about to have millions of dollars tossed into his lap and he risked not only losing all the cash, but also potentially killing himself or somebody else by driving drunk. I doubt you had nearly as much to lose while you were out being an irresponsible dumbazz punk except killing some innocent person. And also if you'd read the thread, he'd already effed up and stolen something from somebody. He's a moron.

Right before the biggest job interview of my life. No I haven't done anything near that dumb. Drunk driving at any time is inexcusable but to do it right before the biggest job interview of your life is so dumb that it is impossible to describe. He literally cost himself millions.

Do you know how easy it is to not drink and drive? Extremely! There is absolutely no excuse in this day and age.

Right before the biggest job interview of my life. No I haven't done anything near that dumb. Drunk driving at any time is inexcusable but to do it right before the biggest job interview of your life is so dumb that it is impossible to describe. He literally cost himself millions.

Do you know how easy it is to not drink and drive? Extremely! There is absolutely no excuse in this day and age.

In any day and age, i'm sure it's about the same. I sure wouldn't call my parents or any other "adult" if i'm drinking to drive me somewhere. everyone makes bad decisions. Idk if i can name anyone at the age of 18 who hasn't drank and drove at some point.

I'm not saying I approve of it in any sense, but you can't condemn the kid for making a STUPID mistake.

In any day and age, i'm sure it's about the same. I sure wouldn't call my parents or any other "adult" if i'm drinking to drive me somewhere. everyone makes bad decisions. Idk if i can name anyone at the age of 18 who hasn't drank and drove at some point.

I'm not saying I approve of it in any sense, but you can't condemn the kid for making a STUPID mistake.

No, in a day and age not that long ago drinking and driving was acceptable and the norm. Now it is so unacceptable and there is sooo many ways around it. It has certainly gotten easier to not drink and drive.

P.S. combine and interviews are like 5 days away. You can 100% condemn a 21 year old for drinking and driving less than a week before that. If you were running a public business would you hire the moron that got arrested two days before the interview?

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom