2013 Imd Free Agency

Dennis Pitta, TE, signs with Tampa Bay

Brian Urlacher, LB, resigns with Chicago - Reasoning: Urlacher has stated he would take less money to stay & given his age, he doesn't expect to see years 3 & 4 of either deal.

DeAndre Levy, LB, signs with Detroit

Philip Wheeler, LB, signs with Oakland

Shaun Phillips, LB, signs with New Orleans

Thomas Howard, LB, resigns with Cincinnati - Reasoning: 1 expected to happen. 2. higher per year w/ Cin. 3. higher guaranteed w/ Cin.

Joe Flacco, QB, signs with NY Jets

Cliff Avril, DE, signs with NY Jets

Desmond Bryant signs with Chicago

Roy Miller signs with Oakland

Sammie Lee Hill signs with Atlanta

Andre Smith signs with Cincinnati

Andy Levitre signs with Jacksonville

Tyron Green signs with Jacksonville

Danny Amendola signs with Cincinnati

Darrius Heyward-Bey signs with Seattle

Devry Henderson signs with Dallas

Tony Gonzalez decides to return for one more run with Atlanta

Victor Cruz signs with Cincinnati

Chris Houston signs with Detroit

Chirstopher Owens signs with Houston

Louis Delmas signs with Kansas City

Ronde Barber signs with Tampa Bay

Laron Landry signs with Tampa Bay

Random

Connor Barwin - Houston/New Orleans

Henry Melton - St. Louis/Tampa Bay

Sebastian Vollmer - NY Jets/Tampa Bay

Bradley Fletcher - Indy/St. Louis

Arbitrator needed

Randy Starks - Carolina/Houston/Miami

Jake Long - Miami/Philadelphia

Sean Smith - Cleveland/Miami

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 4 players listed as random. I need each of team involved to PM me a number between 1 - 100. PM me 1 number for each player you are involved with. I will created 4 random numbers via a random number generator that I have.

This is the posted rule...

From midnight March 4th until March 5th, I will be making determinations of who players sign with. The decision is final. To help in deciding cases too close to call, we will basically do a roll of the dice. I have a random number generator and I will ask you for this information:

1. Odd/Even - pick one

2. High/Low/Middle - pick one (1-49 is low, 51-100 is high, 50 is middle)

3. Quarters - pick one - 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, 4th quarter (1 - 25 = 1st quarter, ect.)

4. 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - pick one (0 = 1 - 9, 1 = 10 - 19, 2 = 21 - 29, ect.)

Hopefully a 4 place tie breaker will decide this. You will be asked to make these picks in PM to

me, so you will not know what others have chosen. If there are 3 people making max bid, and 2 pick odd and 1 picks even and the roll is odd, the person who picked even is out & we go to tie breaker #2 with the last 2 people until we have a winner. There will only be 1 roll. If somehow there is still a tie, or I get the exact same answers from someone, then I will have the people still tied change 2 of their 4 answers and I’ll start again with them from the top.

For the arbitrator needed list, I will ask someone not involved, but who is a vet of this game to make a ruling on these 3 FAs. Once someone agrees to decide I will post who it is and if you have any objections to that person making the decision on those FAs, post a challenge in this thread (I may not be on to see the PM right away). The reason for this is that I am involved in the bids for these players and I don't want to have a conflict of interest when deciding on them.

Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals welcome everyone to their team and look forward to making a championship run this season. Below is our updated pre-draft depth chart (stole the formatting from the Jags):

Cincinnati Bengals Updated Depth Chart

QB: Andy Dalton || Rex Grossman (FA) || Bruce Gradkowski

HB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis || Ben Tate (FA) || Cedric Peerman

FB: Chris Pressley

WR1: AJ Green || Brandon Tate || Andrew Hawkins

WR2: Victor Cruz (FA) || Danny Amendola (FA) || Marvin Jones

TE: Jermaine Gresham || Orson Charles

LT: Andrew Whitworth || Anthony Collins

LG: Clint Boling ||Travelle Wharton

C: Trevor Robinson || Kyle Cook

RG: Kevin Zeitler

RT: Andre Smith (FA) ||Dan Knapp

RE: Michael Johnson (FA) || Wallace Gilberry (FA)

DT: Geno Atkins || Devon Still

NT: Domata Peko|| Brandon Thompson

LE: Carlos Dunlap || DeQuin Evans

WLB: Thomas Howard (FA) || Emmanuel Lamur

MLB: Vontaze Burfict || Dan Skuta

SLB: Aaron Maybin || Dontay Moch

CB1: Leon Hall || Shaun Prater

CB2: Dre Kirkpatrick|| Brandon Ghee

FS: Reggie Nelson || George Iloka

SS: Nate Clements (FA) || Taylor Mays || Jeromy Miles

K: Josh Brown

P: Kevin Huber

LS: Bryce Davis

I gave you Greg Jennings so no worries! I thought about upping my bid on him to a crazy amount but figured you might have been busy and decided to be civil. The Dolphins need a WR like whoa. Plus, I'm pretty sure I picked up Amendola and Cruz so I'm happy.

Now if only you could land an instant starter TE from the draft or one of the big TE receiving threats already in the league you'd have the best WR/TE core in the NFL.

The arbitrator I selected was m2falcons.

Carolina, Houston, Philadelphia, & Cleveland GMs if you have objections to that selection, please let us know. Otherwise he will post his decisions later tonight or tomorrow on the 3 FAs in question.

Sounds good to me.

I really hate I missed the bidoff deadline. I was neck-deep in a pile of work, looked up and 12:25 was staring me in the face. angry.png

Guest King Jigsaw

Carolina, Houston, Philadelphia, & Cleveland GMs if you have objections to that selection, please let us know. Otherwise he will post his decisions later tonight or tomorrow on the 3 FAs in question.

I have no reason to doubt he'll make a fair decision.

No arbitration needed on Sean Smith, you offered the better deal. He is all yours.

Jake Long

Philly or Miami

Dolphins contract offer is simply better; 10M more in Bonus, 15.5M more overall, with an extra year, which means more guaranteed later also because it would be more difficult to save by cutting him. Miami drafted him so he would be somewhat inclined to stay AND the Dolphins are a team about to load up with FA and draft pick excesses. They already have their QB to build with; it’s his best chance to get a ring.

Randy Starks

Miami or Houston or Carolina

Panthers offer slightly better than Texans; Dolphins offer is slightly better than both though. Starks is already entrenched as a Dolphin cornerstone on a good defense and the team is going to improve greatly over next season. Best chance to win in Playoffs and get a ring if he stays put. The Panthers spread 24M over four years, the Dolphins 21M over three years, but they win because the Bonus is 3M more up front guaranteed and Starks may not see that 4th year anyway. Miami pays more up front and more through three years also.

Jake Long

Philly or Miami

Dolphins contract offer is simply better; 10M more in Bonus, 15.5M more overall, with an extra year, which means more guaranteed later also because it would be more difficult to save by cutting him. Miami drafted him so he would be somewhat inclined to stay AND the Dolphins are a team about to load up with FA and draft pick excesses. They already have their QB to build with; it’s his best chance to get a ring.

Randy Starks

Miami or Houston or Carolina

Panthers offer slightly better than Texans; Dolphins offer is slightly better than both though. Starks is already entrenched as a Dolphin cornerstone on a good defense and the team is going to improve greatly over next season. Best chance to win in Playoffs and get a ring if he stays put. The Panthers spread 24M over four years, the Dolphins 21M over three years, but they win because the Bonus is 3M more up front guaranteed and Starks may not see that 4th year anyway. Miami pays more up front and more through three years also.

Man, now I really wish I hadn't thought the deadline was today...he was my big FA. I was going to offer 30 mil. Oh well, what's done is done

Robb, few questions real quick

Thanks u for awarding me Roy miller but I rescinded my offer last night...and even If I did not i got way out bid

Also who gets Laron Landry?

Finally, u just want me to give u 2 random #s (1-100) for Melton and Vollmer?

Thanks again for putting in the effort u do for this game

Edited by KSFALCON

Dennis Pitta, TE, signs with Tampa Bay

Brian Urlacher, LB, resigns with Chicago - Reasoning: Urlacher has stated he would take less money to stay & given his age, he doesn't expect to see years 3 & 4 of either deal.

DeAndre Levy, LB, signs with Detroit

Philip Wheeler, LB, signs with Oakland

Shaun Phillips, LB, signs with New Orleans

Thomas Howard, LB, resigns with Cincinnati - Reasoning: 1 expected to happen. 2. higher per year w/ Cin. 3. higher guaranteed w/ Cin.

Joe Flacco, QB, signs with NY Jets

Cliff Avril, DE, signs with NY Jets

Desmond Bryant signs with Chicago

Roy Miller signs with Oakland

Sammie Lee Hill signs with Atlanta

Andre Smith signs with Cincinnati

Andy Levitre signs with Jacksonville

Tyron Green signs with Jacksonville

Danny Amendola signs with Cincinnati

Darrius Heyward-Bey signs with Seattle

Devry Henderson signs with Dallas

Tony Gonzalez decides to return for one more run with Atlanta

Victor Cruz signs with Cincinnati

Chris Houston signs with Detroit

Chirstopher Owens signs with Houston

Louis Delmas signs with Kansas City

Ronde Barber signs with Tampa Bay

Laron Landry signs with Tampa Bay

Random

Connor Barwin - Houston/New Orleans

Henry Melton - St. Louis/Tampa Bay

Sebastian Vollmer - NY Jets/Tampa Bay

Bradley Fletcher - Indy/St. Louis

Arbitrator needed

Randy Starks - Carolina/Houston/Miami

Jake Long - Miami/Philadelphia

Sean Smith - Cleveland/Miami

Robb, few questions real quick

Thanks u for awarding me Roy miller but I rescinded my offer last night...and even If I did not i got way out bid

Also who gets Laron Landry?

Finally, u just want me to give u 2 random #s (1-100) for Melton and Vollmer?

Thanks again for putting in the effort u do for this game

Got your 2 #'s, that's what I needed. You got Landry & I just looked at the wrong line on Miller.

These were the posted FA decision rules.....

Finalizing free agency

From midnight March 4th until March 5th, I will be making determinations of who players sign with. The decision is final. To help in deciding cases too close to call, we will basically do a roll of the dice. I have a random number generator and I will ask you for this information:

1. Odd/Even - pick one

2. High/Low/Middle - pick one (1-49 is low, 51-100 is high, 50 is middle)

3. Quarters - pick one - 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, 4th quarter (1 - 25 = 1st quarter, ect.)

4. 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - pick one (0 = 1 - 9, 1 = 10 - 19, 2 = 21 - 29, ect.)

Hopefully a 4 place tie breaker will decide this. You will be asked to make these picks in PM to

me, so you will not know what others have chosen. If there are 3 people making max bid, and 2 pick odd and 1 picks even and the roll is odd, the person who picked even is out & we go to tie breaker #2 with the last 2 people until we have a winner. There will only be 1 roll. If somehow there is still a tie, or I get the exact same answers from someone, then I will have the people still tied change 2 of their 4 answers and I’ll start again with them from the top.

Everybody sent me a single number, so what I did was to put that number into the format above. For example, if you sent 21, then I counted it as odd for tie breaker #1. Here are the results to this point.....

Connor Barwin - 79 (number from random.org)

Houston 55 - awarded based on tie breaker #1

New Orleans 24

Henry Melton - 50 (number from random.org)

St. Louis 53

Tampa Bay 24 - awarded based on tie breaker #1

Sebastian Vollmer - 1 (number from random.org)

NY Jets - 33 - awarded based on tie breaker #1

Tampa Bay - 96

Still waiting on Indy's # for Fletcher to make that one final.

Not that I really care at this point, but I am confused as to how Laron Landry was awarded to the Bucs when I (Cleveland) was listed as the only bidder on the website? If I had known there was competition I would have upped my bid on Landry and completely dropped my bid for Sean Smith or vice-versa.

Not that I really care at this point, but I am confused as to how Laron Landry was awarded to the Bucs when I (Cleveland) was listed as the only bidder on the website? If I had known there was competition I would have upped my bid on Landry and completely dropped my bid for Sean Smith or vice-versa.

It was my mistake. I posted the bid for Landry on the cap space page & didn't get it on the position page. This is the part of this whole process I hate more than anything. I get in here and I'm usually rushing to add bids and I'm always worried about making mistakes. That's why I ask so often for people to check to make sure their bids are there in the hopes that they will tell me if I missed it or not. Sorry about that IA.