Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

2013 Imd Free Agency

363 posts in this topic

I know you're trying to be optimistic...but come on, man. Gibson was the #2 WR on an injured Rams WR core that was bottom 5 in the league, Nixon was also on an injured and mediocre receiving core, and would YOU take Allen as the Falcons starting TE? Maybe over our current options, but we have no really good options at the moment, so it isn't saying much. And Vick Ballard? Are you just messing with me now? I like the guy enough, but there are 20+ teams with a better RB than the Colts, come on now.

There's definitely still the draft, but don't try to build up the Colts offense as some sort of super-team. Maybe it's because I'm spoiled, but I see you as trying to compare their offense to an elite one like the Falcons, Packers, Patriots, Saints...would you take the Colts over any of them? Heck, would you take their weapons over the Seahawks, the Broncos, the Redskins, the Cowboys, the Eagles, the Ravens? The Bengals? I might, getting towards that tail end. But they aren't a team meriting the question of who would stop them, that's fo dayum sho

Brandon Gibson is so underrated. Sam Bradford's QB rating when targeting Gibson was 108.3 - higher than every other WR on the Rams roster. Even compared to Matt Ryan's QB rating when targeting Julio Jones (109.6), that's impressive. Oh, and Eli Manning's QB rating when targeting Hixon? 110.3. Both guys received +8.3 or higher receiving grades on PFF (Pierre Garcon was a +7.5 in 14 more snaps than Hixon) and Gibson was the 7th rated WR in the NFL in AdvancedNFLStats.com's "Win Probability Added Per Game" stat. I've done my homework, I'm ecstatic with my new receiving corps. And I go 4 deep if you count Avant, who was actually tied with Hakeem Nicks for PFF's 20th overall rated WR because of how great of an overall contributor he was in the passing game & as a run blocker.

I will give you one thing, though - Danario Alexander led the NFL in QB Rating When Targeted at 134.1. The only other receivers with a better QBR when thrown at were targeted 3, 18, 19, and 2 times, respectively, so for Danario to uphold that great of a Yards/Target, TDs per target and catch percentage over the course of 54 targets is pretty impressive.

Brandon Gibson is so underrated. Sam Bradford's QB rating when targeting Gibson was 108.3 - higher than every other WR on the Rams roster. Even compared to Matt Ryan's QB rating when targeting Julio Jones (109.6), that's impressive. Oh, and Eli Manning's QB rating when targeting Hixon? 110.3. Both guys received +8.3 or higher receiving grades on PFF (Pierre Garcon was a +7.5 in 14 more snaps than Hixon) and Gibson was the 7th rated WR in the NFL in AdvancedNFLStats.com's "Win Probability Added Per Game" stat. I've done my homework, I'm ecstatic with my new receiving corps. And I go 4 deep if you count Avant, who was actually tied with Hakeem Nicks for PFF's 20th overall rated WR because of how great of an overall contributor he was in the passing game & as a run blocker.

I will give you one thing, though - Danario Alexander led the NFL in QB Rating When Targeted at 134.1. The only other receivers with a better QBR when thrown at were targeted 3, 18, 19, and 2 times, respectively, so for Danario to uphold that great of a Yards/Target, TDs per target and catch percentage over the course of 54 targets is pretty impressive.

I actually didn't know about those stats, I was just going by what I'd seen the receivers do in limited gameplay, and the fact that I hadn't been all that impressed, even though I do like Gibson a lot. I'm definitely not bashing you at all, I'm just saying it doesn't strike me as the greatest show on turf haha but that's what imd is fun for, building dream-esque rosters

EDIT: Holy crap, 134.1? Yeah I definitely didn't figure that.

The Dallas Cowboys are in a bid-off with Carolina for Devery Henderson, we upped his offer to:

Devery Henderson | WR

4 Years | $4,000,000 | No signing bonus

Year 1 | 1,000,000

Year 2 | 1,000,000

Year 3 | 1,000,000

Year 4 | 1,000,000

Year 1 Cap Hit: 1,000,000

Total Contract: 4,000,000

I wanted Danario but I don't like stealing players from GMs that aren't participating...before we even started I had Danario and Sean Smith as two w guys I was going to add to whichever team I chose.

I wanted Danario but I don't like stealing players from GMs that aren't participating...before we even started I had Danario and Sean Smith as two w guys I was going to add to whichever team I chose.

It's not stealing, just because the Chargers aren't participating doesn't mean that there aren't 20 or so teams vying for free agents. It's not like it would be just you vs the Chargers.

So is there an easy way to see all of the FAs your team was awarded?

You guys are all bad friends for hopping on my Victor Cruz bid.

LOL!

I had been hoping nobody would notice Cruz & I could sneak that bid in at the last minute. No such luck though. When I made my target list on day 1 of FA, he was there, but I was waiting until he got a bid before I placed mine.

Rob I'm sure you're working on getting everything in, but I noticed two things I think you missed on Andre Smith, RT.

My bid for him was a year 1 cap hit of $5 million and not $6 million, and Jacksonville rescinded their offer to Andre Smith so only me and St. Louis should have active bids on him. You changed it on the Tier Cap page, but not on the actual OL page on the website.

Andre Smith, RT

5-year deal with a $5 million signing bonus

Year 1 base salary: $4 million

Year 2 base salary: $5 million

Year 3 base salary: $6 million

Year 4 base salary: $7 million

Year 5 base salary: $8 million

Year 1 cap hit: $5 million

Total Salary: $35 million

Robb4242 likes this

Atlanta Falcons make the following updated offers:

Sammie Lee Hall, DT

Offer: 6 year, $13.5M, $3M SB

Year 1: 1M

Year 2: 1.5M

Year 3: 2M

Year 4: 2.5M

Year 5: 3M

Year 6: 3.5M

Year 1 Cap Hit: $1.5M

Total Offer: $16.5M

Chris Owens, DB

Larry Grant, LB

Tony Gonzalez, TE

Offer: 3 year, $3M, $3M SB

Year 2: 1M

Year 3: 1M

Year 1 Cap Hit: $2M

Total Offer: $6M

Vance Walker, DT

Offer: 3 year, $10M, $1M SB

Year 2: 2M

Year 3: 3M

Year 4: 4M

Year 1 Cap Hit: $1.25M

Total Offer: $11M

I'm going to withdraw my offers on Tony Gonzalez and Charles Woodson since I'm not being challenged for either of my other players at those positions.

New offer to Randy Starks, DT, Miami:

4 year deal + $6,000,000 signing bonus

Year 1 base salary: $3,500,000

Year 2 base salary: $4,000,000

Year 3 base salary: $4,000,000

Year 4 base salary: $4,500,000

Year 1 cap hit: $5,000,000

Total contract: $22,000,000

Cincinnati Bengals

The Cincinnati Bengals would like to rescind their offer to Daryl Smith, LB.

Jacksonville has won Daryl Smith, LB.

You have like a billion dollars left in cap space bro and I didn't want a dog fight with you there. In rescinding the offer, the Bengals add back $6 million in cap space.

I'm going to up my offer to Jared Cook too:

Jared Cook, TE, Tennessee 6 Years/ 30,000,000 + 1,500,000 Signing Bonus (31,500,000 Total (2,750,000 1st Year Cap Hit))

Yr 1: 2,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 2: 3,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 3: 4,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 4: 5,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 5: 6,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 6: 7,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

It's not stealing, just because the Chargers aren't participating doesn't mean that there aren't 20 or so teams vying for free agents. It's not like it would be just you vs the Chargers.

Just my opinion. ...but if the Charger's GM was active he would have tendered Alexander. He has great size, is young, and very explosive.

Cincinnati Bengals

The Cincinnati Bengals would like to rescind their offer to Daryl Smith, LB.

Jacksonville has won Daryl Smith, LB.

You have like a billion dollars left in cap space bro and I didn't want a dog fight with you there. In rescinding the offer, the Bengals add back $6 million in cap space.

Yes!

Jaguars

Offer:

Andy Levitre -OG

5 year deal w/ 10 million signing bonus

Year 1 base salary 3,000,000

Year 2 base salary 4,000,000

Year 3 base salary 5,000,000

Year 4 base salary 6,000,000

Year 5 base salary 6,000,000

Year 1 cap hit: $5,000,000

Total contract: $34,000,000

I'm going to withdraw my offers on Tony Gonzalez and Charles Woodson since I'm not being challenged for either of my other players at those positions.

Atlanta wins TG and Seattle wins Woodson

I'm going to up my offer to Jared Cook too:

Jared Cook, TE, Tennessee 6 Years/ 30,000,000 + 1,500,000 Signing Bonus (31,500,000 Total (2,750,000 1st Year Cap Hit))

Yr 1: 2,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 2: 3,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 3: 4,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 4: 5,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 5: 6,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Yr 6: 7,500,000 + 250,000 Signing Bonus

Unless I missed it somewhere, you have the only offer out on Cook. If that's right, you won him Friday at midnight so you don't need to change offers. If I'm wrong, can you please let me know who has the other bid so I can add it in?

**Ah, I found it. I will update your bid.

Please look through the spreadsheets for any mistakes I may have made. The layout of some of these sheets has changed a little bit. I should be updated to this point.

Indianapolis Signings

CB Darius Butler (happy to keep you around)

LB Moise Fokou (happy to see you back as well)

OT Winston Justice (always good to keep quality depth)

P Pat McAfee (better than franchise tagging, 4 more years as a Colt!)

SS George Wilson (penciled in as starting SS)

SS Jamarca Sanford (will have opportunity to compete for the starting spot)

CB Terence Newman (I can't believe we got this guy without competition.)

DE Ty Warren (expected to start at LDE)

LB Rob Jackson (New starting RILB)

RG Geoff Schwartz (New starting RG)

LG Kevin Boothe (New starting LG)

LT William Beatty (franchise left tackle, allows me to move Castonzo to RT where he's more comfortable)

RB Danny Woodhead (3rd down back)

WR Brandon Gibson (The X Factor)

WR Domenik Hixon (New WR2 to give Luck a reliable #2 target behind Reggie Wayne)

Bidding Wars

Adam Jones: Current offer is 3 years, 8 million (2.67m/yr) - leading the pack

Bradley Fletcher: Current offer is 3 years, 6 million (2m/yr) - leading the pack

Jairus Byrd: Current offer is 6 years, 60 million (10m/yr) - leading the pack

Mike DeVito: Current offer is 3 years, 6 million (2m/yr) - leading the pack

Victor Butler: Current offer is 4 years, 10 million (2.5m/yr) - leading the pack

SBorBust likes this

Why are you surprised no one challenged you for a CB that is 34 years old and only one year separates him from being garbage for the Cowboys in 2011?

Why are you surprised no one challenged you for a CB that is 34 years old and only one year separates him from being garbage for the Cowboys in 2011?

Because in 2012 he was the best, most consistent corner on a secondary that was undergoing heavy overhaul at every other spot. Cincinnati was swapping in and out RCBs between Jones and Hall, they stuck Clements at safety and brought in Nelson, all the while Newman was a rock at LCB, taking every team's best receiver out. QB rating when throwing into Newman's coverage? 79.3. Huge upgrade for us when Cassius Vaughn's QBR when targeted in 2012 was 98.5. Newman is also very good against the run, and that's one aspect of his game that's been consistent over the years.