Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

2013 Imd Free Agency

363 posts in this topic

To Dennis Pitta, TE, Baltimore Ravens.

Base_____________Bonus_____Total___

Year 1. 500,000--------250,000------750,000

Year 2. 750,000--------250,000------750,000

Year 3. 750,000--------250,000------1,000,000

Year 3. 1,000,000------250,000------1,250,000

Equates to a 4 year, 3.75 million dollar deal with a 1 million dollar signing bonus.

To Jermon Bushrod, OT, New Orleans Saints.

Year 3. 1,250,000------250,000------1,500,000

Equates to a 4 year, 4 million dollar deal with a 1 million dollar signing bonus.

Cuts...we'll worry about those in training camp. Heh.

Keep in mind a bid just gets you in the bid-off for the player. It doesn't matter right now what the actual bid is.

I figured a guy like Cruz would look at a 250K offer and be insulted, then disregard the team completely. Robb did say that players wouldn't take kindly to being cut so I thought we were somewhat giving them "feelings."

was really hoping nobody noticed him

Seems I blew my load early on putting in a bid for Cruz. Im out now though and couldn't make a bid seemingly. Urgh.

I figured a guy like Cruz would look at a 250K offer and be insulted, then disregard the team completely. Robb did say that players wouldn't take kindly to being cut so I thought we were somewhat giving them "feelings."

I've said in the past, maybe not this year though, that initial bids are not necessarily intended to be the final offer, just an expression of interest to get you to the bidoff. We've had a couple of problems in the past where people were trying to outbid each other day 1 of the FA period, going to crazy extremes sometimes & I'm trying to keep up with all of their changed offers, so I tell people that use a bid to get you to the bid off. The flipside of that is the problem we had last year with people placing 25, $250,000 bids and then rescinding offers to place another $250,000 bid. So I tried to cut down on the number of small bids this year.

To Dennis Pitta, TE, Baltimore Ravens.

Year 3. 1,000,000------250,000------1,250,000

Equates to a 4 year, 3.75 million dollar deal with a 1 million dollar signing bonus.

To Jermon Bushrod, OT, New Orleans Saints.

Year 3. 1,250,000------250,000------1,500,000

Equates to a 4 year, 4 million dollar deal with a 1 million dollar signing bonus.

Cuts...we'll worry about those in training camp. Heh.

These 2 bids put you over your cap. You have 1.75M total left before these 2 bids. Got to cut something somewhere, either one of these bids or one you have already placed.

These 2 bids put you over your cap. You have 1.75M total left before these 2 bids. Got to cut something somewhere, either one of these bids or one you have already placed.

I thought the cap hit for those two was 1.5 million total (750k x2) but my bad if I'm wrong. Thought those two worked because it put me right against the cap. Either way, I could have sworn you just said that these just get you into the initial bidoff - but if it doesn't work still, take off the bid on Bushrod I suppose.

I thought the cap hit for those two was 1.5 million total (750k x2) but my bad if I'm wrong. Thought those two worked because it put me right against the cap. Either way, I could have sworn you just said that these just get you into the initial bidoff - but if it doesn't work still, take off the bid on Bushrod I suppose.

My bad, I looked at the signing bonus & put that as the year 1 cap hit. Your bids are good.

I kinda wish Joe Flacco couldn't be bid on...

This is the only thing that bothers me about some GMs not participating in FAs...players who would never be let go are wide open.

Indianapolis has 750k remaining on its salary cap and is going to put out three last minute vet minimum (250k) offers

Former Jets G Brandon Moore

Former Rams WR Brandon Gibson

Former Giants WR Domenik Hixon

I kinda wish Joe Flacco couldn't be bid on...

This is the only thing that bothers me about some GMs not participating in FAs...players who would never be let go are wide open.

yeah, that kinda sucks.

Indianapolis has 750k remaining on its salary cap and is going to put out three last minute vet minimum (250k) offers

Former Jets G Brandon Moore

Former Rams WR Brandon Gibson

Former Giants WR Domenik Hixon

Jets match the offer for Brando Moore (Robb is this allowed if I have a 250k bid on another OG but want to keep my own FAs?)

Jets match the offer for Brando Moore (Robb is this allowed if I have a 250k bid on another OG but want to keep my own FAs?)

yes, this isn't abusing the rule.

yes, this isn't abusing the rule.

so if he puts that offer on both Moore and Donald Thomas and then I do the same thing, who gets who?

Bids closed.

On the website, all FAs with only 1 bids are now awarded to the team that placed the bid.

All FA's that have 2 or more bids are now in the bidoff between today & Monday at midnight. I will award these on Tuesday. Players in the bidoff can either increase bids or cancel their bids. You can no longer reduce the amount of your bid on a player. On the website, the players in the bidoff are identified by a green cell.

Hey Robb, In my last post with all min. Offers, I rescinded my offer to Kolb and gave it to Cassell

Unless I missed a bid, Kolb should be awarded to CAR and Cassell to TB

I almost feel like I stole Danario Alexander. How was no one else looking at this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpQr6WLJr4I

My WRs right now are legitimately scary.

1. Reggie Wayne. Living legend towards the end of his career still playing his best football

2. Domenik Hixon. The Giants' 2nd best WR in 2012 behind Nicks.

3. Jason Avant. The Eagles' slot WR - solid possession receiver and a top 10 blocking WR

4. Brandon Gibson, aka the X Factor. If he can get rid of the penalties, he's talented enough to be a #1.

PLUS my 2 TEs, Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener

PLUS Danny Woodhead on 3rd downs.

PLUS Andrew Luck, the only QB in the NFL that I (as a Falcons fan) would rather have than Matt Ryan right now.

And finally, an all-pro offensive line. LT William Beatty, LG Kevin Boothe, C AQ Shipley, RG Geoff Schwartz, RT Anthony Castonzo.

WHO CAN STOP THE COLTS' OFFENSE RIGHT NOW?

My WRs right now are legitimately scary.

1. Reggie Wayne. Living legend towards the end of his career still playing his best football

2. Domenik Hixon. The Giants' 2nd best WR in 2012 behind Nicks.

3. Jason Avant. The Eagles' slot WR - solid possession receiver and a top 10 blocking WR

4. Brandon Gibson, aka the X Factor. If he can get rid of the penalties, he's talented enough to be a #1.

PLUS my 2 TEs, Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener

PLUS Danny Woodhead on 3rd downs.

PLUS Andrew Luck, the only QB in the NFL that I (as a Falcons fan) would rather have than Matt Ryan right now.

And finally, an all-pro offensive line. LT William Beatty, LG Kevin Boothe, C AQ Shipley, RG Geoff Schwartz, RT Anthony Castonzo.

WHO CAN STOP THE COLTS' OFFENSE RIGHT NOW?

I'm waiting to talk about my weapons till it's all settled, but in all fairness, you pretty much have three #3 WRs and an aging Reggie Wayne, and while Fleener is pretty dang impressive, Allen is only decent, and you have pretty much no run game.

:P

Kennesaw77 likes this

I'm waiting to talk about my weapons till it's all settled, but in all fairness, you pretty much have three #3 WRs and an aging Reggie Wayne, and while Fleener is pretty dang impressive, Allen is only decent, and you have pretty much no run game.

:P

Nixon & Gibson are both #2 WRs. Allen is one of the best overall TEs in the league - not as impressive as a receiver as Fleener but a better blocker than Gronk and still a good enough receiver to be an every down TE.

No run game? Vick Ballard, my friend. Vick Ballard and a retooled offensive line, plus Donald Brown in rotation and Danny Woodhead on 3rd downs and passing situations. I'm happy with that, plus there's still the draft.

Nixon & Gibson are both #2 WRs. Allen is one of the best overall TEs in the league - not as impressive as a receiver as Fleener but a better blocker than Gronk and still a good enough receiver to be an every down TE.

No run game? Vick Ballard, my friend. Vick Ballard and a retooled offensive line, plus Donald Brown in rotation and Danny Woodhead on 3rd downs and passing situations. I'm happy with that, plus there's still the draft.

I know you're trying to be optimistic...but come on, man. Gibson was the #2 WR on an injured Rams WR core that was bottom 5 in the league, Nixon was also on an injured and mediocre receiving core, and would YOU take Allen as the Falcons starting TE? Maybe over our current options, but we have no really good options at the moment, so it isn't saying much. And Vick Ballard? Are you just messing with me now? I like the guy enough, but there are 20+ teams with a better RB than the Colts, come on now.

There's definitely still the draft, but don't try to build up the Colts offense as some sort of super-team. Maybe it's because I'm spoiled, but I see you as trying to compare their offense to an elite one like the Falcons, Packers, Patriots, Saints...would you take the Colts over any of them? Heck, would you take their weapons over the Seahawks, the Broncos, the Redskins, the Cowboys, the Eagles, the Ravens? The Bengals? I might, getting towards that tail end. But they aren't a team meriting the question of who would stop them, that's fo dayum sho

Kennesaw77 likes this