If We Don't Draft A High Profile Te, What Late Round Or Free Agent Te Would You Want?

xskyx

I'm seeing a lot of talk of different tight ends on this board. Seems like a few decent ones will hit the market this offseason. Who would you like to see?

I just saw where Keller will be available. What's your take on him? He's still pretty young, and could be a long term option considering the injury and season he just came off of (he should be cheap)

I would not take a TE early as in the first 2 rounds,not even the third 4th.or later be fine, someone like Escobar or Kelce, people have been mocking a TE I'm the first for us each of the last 3 seasons and we haven't even drafted a TE, and o don't see us doing so this year either.

As a free agent I would look st Keller or john Phillips, 2 guys who probably won't be expensive.

Martellus Bennett imho, top 5 run blocking TE in the NFL but he has pretty good hands too and he's 6'6 so he can do a decent job of going up to get it. Next in line is Cook, but he's mainly potential, still worth a shot because of how bad his QB situation has been though. Keller is injury prone but I guess we could take a flier. Probably won't let Pitta get away from the Ravens but I really like him.

In the draft, for me, it's Kelce/Escobar or bust pretty much. Don't see anyone else worth taking after the first two rounds - and let's face it, there are several bigger positions of need in the first two rounds.

Martellus Bennett imho, top 5 run blocking TE in the NFL but he has pretty good hands too and he's 6'6 so he can do a decent job of going up to get it. Next in line is Cook, but he's mainly potential, still worth a shot because of how bad his QB situation has been though. Keller is injury prone but I guess we could take a flier. Probably won't let Pitta get away from the Ravens but I really like him.

In the draft, for me, it's Kelce/Escobar or bust pretty much. Don't see anyone else worth taking after the first two rounds - and let's face it, there are several bigger positions of need in the first two rounds.

Oh definitely bigger positions to address. I'm sure we can get someone cheap in free agency though. I'd honestly rather stick with palmer or gallarda than to pick someone up in the late rounds. I think free agent is the way to go if we don't pick up Eifert (i wouldn't complain about this move, as he'll be valuable for years to come)

I would be okay with Martellus Bennett if he can keep his head on straight like with NYG. The guy plays with an attitude which I like.

Alge was great and serviceable, but not an impact player. And I was referring to strictly 1st round

Algernon not an impact player? You sir did not watch mid 2000's Falcons football.

As for FA TEs one I wouldn't mind is Fasano from Miami. Not a world beater but he can take advantage of the soft looks he should get because of our WRs and should be pretty cheap. Just a solid pro player.

P.S. Alge was taken at 35 and our pick this year is at 30. So basically we are batting 1.000 on TEs in that range.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom

This bloke late in the draft is a small school WR but is very productive, convert him to TE!

Aaron Mellette Elon 6ft 3in 216llb 4.53 speed

Strengths:

Solidly-built frame with good height and length for the position. Smooth body adjustments and looks flexible in his cuts, using his reach and movements to collect off-target throws. Uses his size well and knows how to box out defenders and utilize his frame. Natural hands-catcher with good focus to snatch grabs away from his body. Good toughness over the middle and competes for the ball in tight spaces. Good production over his career with at least 86 catches each of the last three seasons and 44 career touchdown receptions.

Weaknesses:

Lacks elite speed and will struggle to consistently separate. Has more build-up speed and lacks natural burst to quickly change directions. Takes too long changing gears and isn't considered a dangerous threat after the catch. Room to improve his route running and needs refinement in his technique. Almost all of his production and experience has come against lower level of competition at the FCS level with mixed results against FBS-level talent.

Edited by leftfield

This bloke late in the draft is a small school WR but is very productive, convert him to TE!

Aaron Mellette Elon 6ft 3in 216llb 4.53 speed

Strengths:

Solidly-built frame with good height and length for the position. Smooth body adjustments and looks flexible in his cuts, using his reach and movements to collect off-target throws. Uses his size well and knows how to box out defenders and utilize his frame. Natural hands-catcher with good focus to snatch grabs away from his body. Good toughness over the middle and competes for the ball in tight spaces. Good production over his career with at least 86 catches each of the last three seasons and 44 career touchdown receptions.

Weaknesses:

Lacks elite speed and will struggle to consistently separate. Has more build-up speed and lacks natural burst to quickly change directions. Takes too long changing gears and isn't considered a dangerous threat after the catch. Room to improve his route running and needs refinement in his technique. Almost all of his production and experience has come against lower level of competition at the FCS level with mixed results against FBS-level talent.

216? For a tight end? What is this the 1940s?