Tyrann Mathieu

vdove0926

I want to draft this guy. The guy is a pure playmaker. The guys awareness is off the charts. I know of he's problems but with a strong locker room like we have, if he's better and commited to being better I think we have to draft this guy.

I would take this guy in the 3rd. Cut Dunta bring him back for cheap if possible and draft Tyrann. Or, cut Dunta and sign Grimes to a show me your healthy contract and draft Tyrann.

Either way we need playmakers and this guy is a playmaker.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have no problem with him being a Falcon as long he's got his head on straight cause this guy does have somewhat of the "IT" factor

I absolutely think he has an it factor. And the attitude we need. I couldn't stand his attitude when watching him but that was only because you knew he was going to make a play.

Explain that. That doesnt sound like you have anything really. Either you just don't like him which is fine or what isn't that special about him. What are those college abilities?

Take a look at others with his type abilities and his size and height, playing his position. What did Desmond Howard do in the league? Look at all those past Florida DBs, not many of them do anything. He's too short, too slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8DKJpK2G2o

Haven't been mocking him because I know he won't pass the Falcon Filter, even though I love the guy. Biggest scare is that he's done it repeatedly...definitely a sketchy aspect, so I'm not sure exactly where he ends up. Personally, I'd take a chance in the 4th, maybe the comp, since by then the upside would far outweigh the risk. He's agreed to stay clean and take drug tests pretty much every week - that's a guy who shows me he's changed. Just don't think TD will risk it. Bengals would with their 3rd rounder, though.

Edited by TuggIe2

I don't think so.

Mathieu needs to get away from the South. Additionally, he needs to go to a city with less distraction and quality leadership. Green Bay, to me, makes a lot of sense for him. The Patriots also make sense to me, even though Boston is a large market.

Both teams need help in the secondary, yet both teams also have winning traditions, quality leadership, and are a long ways away from the South. Mathieu would be expected to get with the program or get out. If he couldn't make it with one of those franchises, then put a fork in the *******.

I feel the same way about Mathieu as I did about Mallet two years ago in regards to which type of team he should go to.

One nice thing about the rookie cap, for later round picks in particular, is that they can no longer afford to pay their homies to work for them as personal car washers, door openers and drug procurers. That should work in Mathieu's favor - but I still expect he'll f*ck up monumentally.

I would rather see the Falcons draft a big corner and start getting away from smallish corners. They need corners that can man up on big WRs like Megatron, Marshall, Colston, and V-Jax.

It's not that easy. Xavier Rhodes and Milliner are the only options, where Dee is a top 10 pick and Rhodes might not even fall to us at 30.

It's not that easy. Xavier Rhodes and Milliner are the only options, where Dee is a top 10 pick and Rhodes might not even fall to us at 30.

Yea I know. I just rather see the Falcons try to draft and develop bigger corners in the near future instead of smallish CBs. All of the CBs on the team are 5'10(Asante and D-Rob) or under except for Franks who is 5'11 and is not good. Getting bigger corners will also allow the Falcons to not have to always play the CBs 10 to 15 yards off the line which I hate.

You are right that the options of good big corners in this coming draft is not that many. That is why I would be happy if Rhodes does somehow make it to 30 if there is no 1st round type pass rushing talent left at the time.

Yea I know. I just rather see the Falcons try to draft and develop bigger corners in the near future instead of smallish CBs. All of the CBs on the team are 5'10(Asante and D-Rob) or under except for Franks who is 5'11 and is not good. Getting bigger corners will also allow the Falcons to not have to always play the CBs 10 to 15 yards off the line which I hate.

You are right that the options of good big corners in this coming draft is not that many. That is why I would be happy if Rhodes does somehow make it to 30 if there is no 1st round type pass rushing talent left at the time.

I love Rhodes and he's one of the few non front-7 options I'd like us to maybe take a chance with. For late round big CBs that might do decently in the NFL, I'd say maybe take a look at Sanders Commings - the UGA homerism is a bit annoying here, and he has an aversion to tackling, but he actually has a good shot at developing, especially since the UGA players typically do better in the NFL.

EDIT: I should mention that he had a domestic violence issue earlier in the year that'll probably keep TD away.

Edited by TuggIe2