Is It Possible Tony Would Play For Cheap/vet Min If He Comes Back?

J0ker

I had this thought and was just curious what other people think. Obviously if Tony does come back, it will be for a shot at the Super Bowl. Do you guys think that he would play for the vet min or a 1-2mil contract and allow us to use that money somewhere else?

No, and if we offered a vet minimum to him that would be a slap in the face. 7 mil and above for Tony.

I'm not saying we just go out and offer this to him. We talk to Tony and have him feeling like we really stand a shot to win it all this year. Then ask him what is the range he is looking for. I don't think if Tony comes back it will be for 7 mil. Okay maybe not vet min, thats a little extreme, but maybe like 4mil or something. A small discount to help out the team to use money in other places.

LOL joker your funny. no way he plays less then 5 million

lol. Its a unique situation though. Tony obviously doesnt need money. Who knows if he would be willing to come back for one more year, a final shot at the Super Bowl, and play for cheaper than normal. Not vet min, too extreme, but like 4 mil or so?

lol. Its a unique situation though. Tony obviously doesnt need money. Who knows if he would be willing to come back for one more year, a final shot at the Super Bowl, and play for cheaper than normal. Not vet min, too extreme, but like 4 mil or so?

He's not likely to play for below his market value. The only situation I could see him doing that, is if the additional money was used to secure a top flight playmaker that could make the difference for us.

Top flight pro athletes look to be paid well. I don't think Tony is any different.

Edited by 4dabirds

lol okay guess not. Was just wondering what you guys thought. Vet min was probably too extreme but maybe a little bit cheaper than normal. But some good points were brought up like

The only situation I could see him doing that, is if the additional money was used to secure a top flight playmaker that could make the difference for us.

and how it wont make or break the season. Thanks for the responses!

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Even at him doing 4, cannot get us any help in FA to help our defense.

If he did vet minimum. Then yes we could find some proven nfl defense players.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

pay him whatever he wants im not saying screw us over and slap him with a huge figure but at this point toney coming back gives us the best shot at a run at the sb next season

and how did that work out for us in the past for 4 years with a defense that place in the mid twenties?