Anybody Though The Kind Of Contract Julio Will Command When His Rookie Contract Is Up?

THE ICEMAN

You have to figure Ryan going to get a mega contract here real soon.

So looking at Julio he's going to want as much if not more than Calvin Johnson got which was 7 years 132 mil its going to be real hard to keep him and Ryan and if we got lucky and landed a stud on defense with this cap I not so sure you can built with that much money tied up in two players

So maybe if we reward Julio now with a contract he would take less?

Just throwing it out there I think the Lions were crazy. Megatron's real good maybe the best but I can't see paying a WR what an elite QB is making.

And it would be real hard seeing us let Julio walk because I'm not sure I've seen a player as good and as talented as Julio let walk so I think that's out of the question.

I try not to think about it.

With that being said, I don't think Julio would ask for a Megatron type of contract. Even if he does, he won't get it. TD won't give that much money to one person not named Matt. TD will offer him a little bit more than what Roddy is getting now.

Don't forget about Weatherspoon. He's ready for a payday too.

He is but he no where near the talent Julio is

Julio in his 2nd season and I believe he's easily a top 5 WR maybe even the best or 2nd to Megatron

I do believe he is just on another level than AJ green and that's another discussion but to go on a little more I believe had Julio been the clear number 1 and not playing with a WR like Roddy he may of had 1500 yards and 15 TDs in only his 2nd season he is truly a rare talent

He is but he no where near the talent Julio is

Julio in his 2nd season and I believe he's easily a top 5 WR maybe even the best or 2nd to Megatron

I do believe he is just on another level than AJ green and that's another discussion but to go on a little more I believe had Julio been the clear number 1 and not playing with a WR like Roddy he may of had 1500 yards and 15 TDs in only his 2nd season he is truly a rare talent

He's worth more than the 1.5mil he's making. That's for sure. Both their contracts end in the same year.

That's why it's best to have 5 or 6 good receiving options instead of 1 or 2 great ones. You can let any one of them walk when they demand too much, and the dropoff isn't devastating.

Build the receiving corps like the Saints or Packers do. Lots of 3rd rounder types, and if one leaves...so be it. But you can't do this plan w 7th rounders. You have to have midround talent developing

He's worth more than the 1.5mil he's making. That's for sure. Both their contracts end in the same year.

Yeah, keep in mind, Julio already went to a pro bowl, Spoon didn't. Nolan is on record about Spoon's potential and if we get a big NT and start using Spoon on the inside....

We might want to resign him before he has a breakout year and goes to the probowl.