Maylock's Pre-Combine 2013 Draft Ranks

mumblesjr

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000139744/article/precombine-position-rankings-for-2013-nfl-draft

just changed a lot of draft positions of where players have been mock to. maylock has a good sense of what a player is ranked .and how high they should go. should see some new mocks next week with these players going higher then mocked last week.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of that is surprising to me

Travis Frederick is not even in top 5 G's (NVM i see he has him listed as Center)

Esocbar ahead of Kelce (my fav 2 TE's in this draft)

Greene ahead of Arthur Brown

Margus Hunt in his top 5 DE's

Bernard doesn't surprise me at all. Never saw why anyone thought he was that good

Edited by Clark Kent

+SHARE

By Mike Mayock

Published: February 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Modified: February 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM

With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning on Feb. 23, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2013 NFL Draft.

QUARTERBACK

1. Geno Smith, West Virginia

2. Matt Barkley, USC

3. Mike Glennon, NC State

4. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

5. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

RUNNING BACK

1. Eddie Lacy, Alabama

2. Montee Ball, Wisconsin

3. Andre Ellington, Clemson

4. Giovani Bernard, North Carolina

5. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

WIDE RECEIVER

1. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

2. Keenan Allen, Cal

3. Terrance Williams, Baylor

4. Tavon Austin, West Virginia

5. Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

TIGHT END

1. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame

2. Zach Ertz, Stanford

3. Gavin Escobar, San Diego State

4. Travis Kelce, Cincinnati

5. Jordan Reed, Florida

CENTER

1. Travis Frederick, Wisconsin

2. Brian Schwenke, Cal

3. Barrett Jones, Alabama

4. Khaled Holmes, USC

5. Braxston Cave, Notre Dame

GUARD

1. Chance Warmack, Alabama

2. Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

3. Larry Warford, Kentucky

4. Kyle Long, Oregon

5. Brian Winters, Kent State

TACKLE

1. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M

2. Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

3. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma

4. D.J. Fluker, Alabama

T-5. Menelik Watson, Florida State

T-5. Justin Pugh, Syracuse

DEFENSIVE END

1. Bjoern Werner, Florida State

2. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M

3. Ezekiel Ansah, BYU

4. Sam Montgomery, LSU

T-5. Datone Jones, UCLA

T-5. Margus Hunt, SMU

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

1. Sharrif Floyd, Florida

2. Star Lotulelei, Utah

3. Sheldon Richardson, Missouri

4. Sylvester Williams, North Carolina

T-5. Kawann Short, Purdue

T-5. Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State

OUTSIDE LINEBACKER

1. Dion Jordan, Oregon

2. Jarvis Jones, Georgia

3. Khaseem Greene, Rutgers

4. Barkevious Mingo, LSU

5. Arthur Brown, Kansas State

INSIDE LINEBACKER

1. Alec Ogletree, Georgia

2. Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

3. Kevin Minter, LSU

4. Kevin Reddick, North Carolina

5. Kiko Alonso, Oregon

CORNERBACK

1. Dee Milliner, Alabama

2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State

3. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State

4. Desmond Trufant, Washington

5. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

SAFETY

1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

2. Matt Elam, Florida

3. Johnathan Cyprien, Florida International

4. Eric Reid, LSU

5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame

Thanks a bunch. He's usually pretty dang accurate. Remember; this isn't who he thinks is best, just the pre-combine rankings of where he thinks they would go. Told ya Floyd not being drafted in that earlier thread was ridiculous. If Barkevious Mingo slips...yum. That is all.

As much as I hate the Ducks, I'm becoming curious about Kiko Alonso and how he would theoretically fit with Nolan. If he's one of those more athletic guys that isn't great at block shedding/run support and is a decent blitzer, I could see us giving him a look.

What's so great about Dion Jordan?

Mainly potential. He has unbelievable athletic ability, natural pass rushing skills, good instincts, and surprisingly good abilities in coverage. I love to think about what Nolan could do with him. But yeah...in a league with 6'6 TEs who can run 4.4 40s, he's the response. In a league with quarterbacks who can outrun wide receivers, he's the counterattack. He uses his hands really well too and I can't see how he'd fail if he gets into the right system...that said, if he's drafted by someone who just tries to plug and play, he'll be limited. He just fits us very, very, very well.

Probably won't fall to us though. Almost definitely won't.

Mainly potential. He has unbelievable athletic ability, natural pass rushing skills, good instincts, and surprisingly good abilities in coverage. I love to think about what Nolan could do with him. But yeah...in a league with 6'6 TEs who can run 4.4 40s, he's the response. In a league with quarterbacks who can outrun wide receivers, he's the counterattack. He uses his hands really well too and I can't see how he'd fail if he gets into the right system...that said, if he's drafted by someone who just tries to plug and play, he'll be limited. He just fits us very, very, very well.

Probably won't fall to us though. Almost definitely won't.

Yep the only knocks on Jordan is that he needs to put on a little more weight and get stronger. I would be ok with him if he was to somehow fall to 30.

Nolan would have to surgically remove his smile off of his face.

Think the only guy mayock left off was Jesse williams. But I think its because he can play both DT and DE in 3-4. But if we can somehow get a barret Jones or Larry Watford and pick up Williams I will be ecstatic. Trust me guys we need to beef up in the draft. The only exception to that is if ansah or Jordan somehow falls to us. But let's pass on the rb and te in the the first three rounds. If TD. Does his due dillegence it should be relatively easy to make a play on those positions later in the draft.

And although I'm not completely sold on avril his production thus far shows that he should be enough help for us to transition from an aging abe.

Edited by atlGM

lot of people coming off Werner

The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah likes, but doesn't love, Florida State DE Bjoern Werner and Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore.

"I won't be surprised if neither one goes in the top 10," Jeremiah tweeted. Both players are frequently mocked in the first 10 picks, but each has questions surrounding their evaluation. For Werner, it is his lack of motor when the play goes the opposite side of the field, and Moore needs to use his hands more often as well as work back inside.

Some of that is surprising to me

Travis Frederick is not even in top 5 G's (NVM i see he has him listed as Center)

Esocbar ahead of Kelce (my fav 2 TE's in this draft)

Greene ahead of Arthur Brown

Margus Hunt in his top 5 DE's

Bernard doesn't surprise me at all. Never saw why anyone thought he was that good

Frederick is on the rise. I'm most surprised to see Barrett Jones so low in his rankings.

I love Mayock and he is mostly right but not always. Margus Hunt is such a developmental guy to me - He may be great in three years or he may be a bust. Falcons don't have the luxury to take a chance on him - he's 100% not ready for the NFL right now and that showed all week at the Senior Bowl.

To rate Margus Hunt over Alex Okafor (who is not even on Mayock's list) is a tragedy.

I love Mayock and he is mostly right but not always. Margus Hunt is such a developmental guy to me - He may be great in three years or he may be a bust. Falcons don't have the luxury to take a chance on him - he's 100% not ready for the NFL right now and that showed all week at the Senior Bowl.

To rate Margus Hunt over Alex Okafor (who is not even on Mayock's list) is a tragedy.

Maybe Okafor is not as good as this board thinks he will be in the scouting ranks of the NFL. That lack of a speed rush does not bode well for Okafor

Maybe Okafor is not as good as this board thinks he will be in the scouting ranks of the NFL. That lack of a speed rush does not bode well for Okafor

you could be right. Maybe the NFL and scouts aren't high on Okafor. He doesn't have a quick first step at all for a RE. He is more of a LE in the NFL. That's where he will be most successful imo

Sorry bud, but I will take MM all day everyday over anyone on the message board.