Live Streaming Of Sporting Events

Falconsfan567

You can already get live streaming of just about all sporting events in a booglegged fashion but pretty soon that will no longer be the case. Soon all networks will PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL their events online making bootlegged streams a thing of the past.

ESPN already has live streams of their sporting events across of of their sporting networks regardless of sport. NBC already streams their NFL games and Olympic coverage.

Now FOX and TBS will soon be joining the online streaming world. Starting this year FOX will live PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL their NASCAR races, NFL games and college sports and starting in 2014 their MLB games. That includes regular season and postseason events. TBS starting in 2014 will live PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL their MLB games. That includes regular season and postseason events. The question is now when does CBS get with the program and start streaming their events live?

Check out this little piece of info I came across from an article that was written last October.

It's the World Series and you are streaming live: Broadcasters used to swear that live-streaming events would cannibalize their all-important TV ratings. Their TV ratings, for now anyway, still bring in the big money. But the TV network consensus is that viewers still seek out their big-screen TVs whenever they can -- streaming just lets you reach them when they can't.

Starting in 2014, Fox and TBS will live-PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL their postseason and regular-season MLB action. And Fox Sports co-president Eric Shanks says Fox will also start live-streaming its NFL games next season.

"We have the rights and that's the plan," he says, adding Fox will also PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL its NASCAR races next year as well as its college sports.

The next step to spur even more TV sports to be simultaneously streamed, he suggests, will be to get digital viewing routinely included in TV ratings.

Linkage

I still don't think NFL games will be streamed on their respective sites. NFL licensing is its own monster. DirectTV would have a fit if the networks were allowed to streem all of their games despite region. So yeah , I am willing to bet I will be watching European feeds next year. ph34r.png

I still don't think NFL games will be streamed on their respective sites. NFL licensing is its own monster. DirectTV would have a fit if the networks were allowed to streem all of their games despite region. So yeah , I am willing to bet I will be watching European feeds next year. ph34r.png

The NFL deal is different from MLB or NHL. Both MLB and NHL have their own live streaming package on their website that people can buy if they want to watch the games. But the NFL doesn't have that. The NFL gets a lot of their revenue PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL from their NFL Sunday Ticket package with Directv. So I don't know how all of this will work.

• 2 weeks later...