I Want Micheal Johnson On This Team Next Season

Bengals will probably tag him

Freeney is actually going to be available and will be much cheaper

Johnson has 1 career forced fumble

Freeney has 44

Give me the proven playmaker that can get to the QB and get the ball out

Well yes, I would expect that the 2002 1st round pick has more career forced fumbles than the 2009 3rd round pick.

Guest Negatorris

...Johnson is hitting FA with 1 career FF. That means he had 1 in 4 years. At that rate by the time he's been in the league as long as Freeney he'll have about 3

Not 44

Did Michael Johnson even start with as much playing time as Freeney early in his career? I would bet no.

Did Michael Johnson even start with as much playing time as Freeney early in his career? I would bet no.

He took a while to get going. He was mainly a rotational guy his first few seasons. The Bengals moved him around quite a bit his first few years. I remember at one point they had him working with the linebackers. They were flirting with playing him as a full time SAM and mixing him in as a situational rusher.

So dig up the information if you actually want to pretend Johnson compares to Freeney in his ability to force fumbles

I'd bet the house that if you compare Johnsons time playing DE to Freeneys time playing DE proportionally, Freeney is still forcing fumbles many times more often

Because it's self evident

Johnson probably won't be available anyways

Freeney is, sign him 2-3 years for relatively cheap, sign that big DT we need so badly like Terrance Knighton who is only 26, will be available, is 6'3 330 and can get some sacks and tackles for loss as well, then draft a DE in the 1st

Resign Moore and cut Robinson if there's a cheaper option out there, Robinson is way overpaid and has no ball skills, we need to spend that money on the DL

Maybe if we're really lucky pickup Thomas Howard to play OLB on a 1 year deal cheap (he's coming off injury, is 29), and kick Spoon inside to MLB behind our new big DT

RE Dwight Freeney, ROOKIE (1st) (If he has size maybe he plays some run D, if not contribute as the 3rd pass rusher behind Freeney and Abe, maybe even as an interior pass rusher)

UT Babineaux, Peters

NT Terrance Knighton, Robertson, Jerry? (A likely cut but has a salary of less than 1M so it won't free any space to cut him)

LE Biermann, Abraham (Abe plays pure pass rush downs with Freeney, and the rookie 1st rounder subbing in when needed), Massaquoi/Matthews

ROLB Thomas Howard, James

MLB Spoon, Dent

LOLB Nicholas, ROOKIE (5th)

RCB Grimes, McClain

LCB Samuel, ROOKIE (3rd round)

FS Decoud, ROOKIE (7th)

SS Moore, Mitchell

I'd take that D any day, a DL that can actually stop the run, actually get to the QB and actually has some depth, Spoon right in the middle with a big DT in front, an athletic cover LB beside him in Howard to go with him in the nickel, replace overpaid Robinson with Grimes who should be relatively cheap coming off injury and has ball skills like Samuel, draft a CB to compete with and backup McClain and maybe help as a returner, get Moore back and add some depth late to S and LB for special teams

Edited by JulioHOFer