Saints Are Screwed

ssippifalcon

Man i was just looking over the contract numbers for the saints and man are they screwed. Compared to our numbers. So glad we have a great money manager running our team, the saints will have to seriously work over their roster. Loftin already got restructured knocked off like 4 mil and they are still 17 mil over the cap limit.

Just thought id post this so ppl will think before they try to call for dimitroffs head. Dude knows how to manage the cap and still bring in exceptional talent and a winning team every year.

Heres the links for each team if you wanna check it out, it includes dead space if the team were to cut each player.

Saints

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/cap-hit/

Falcons

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/cap-hit/

Just thought this was interesting

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope not. I can't imagine what this board would be like if he gets cut.

I can see it now....."Vilma cut. Worth a Look?" would flood the board.

lmao, i have no doubt there, but they are gonna have to do some serious work, only a few cuts would help there cap emensly but it would cost them some great players especially on the o line, and they still gotta resign to starters on their o line de la puente and jermon bushrod are both free agents and bushrod is gonna command big money being a franchise LT.

Man i was just looking over the contract numbers for the saints and man are they screwed. Compared to our numbers. So glad we have a great money manager running our team, the saints will have to seriously work over their roster. Loftin already got restructured knocked off like 4 mil and they are still 17 mil over the cap limit.

Just thought id post this so ppl will think before they try to call for dimitroffs head. Dude knows how to manage the cap and still bring in exceptional talent and a winning team every year.

Heres the links for each team if you wanna check it out, it includes dead space if the team were to cut each player.

Saints

http://www.spotrac.c...saints/cap-hit/

Falcons

http://www.spotrac.c...alcons/cap-hit/

Just thought this was interesting

Actually McKay is the money man, isn't he? Now I would say his draft process left a little to be desired... but outside of the Vick fiasco, he's kept us out of cap **** for a long time. I know TD has influence but I think McKay has more to do with the process than we think. Either way, we have a great FO.

Actually McKay is the money man, isn't he? Now I would say his draft process left a little to be desired... but outside of the Vick fiasco, he's kept us out of cap **** for a long time. I know TD has influence but I think McKay has more to do with the process than we think. Either way, we have a great FO.

man i dont pretend to know how it works lol im just an average joe, think of it like this, we all know the types of players dimitroff looks for, honestly i think that has alot to do with it, these good character guys dont demand as much money also i thought it was the gm that structures the contracts either way you gotta give props to our whole front office for what they are able to do.

The Saints are screwed because Loomis keeps restructuring. Like Ducky said, sooner or later he has to face the music. Especially with Brees' contract. These tiny bumps in the cap aren't helping. He's hoping for a big jump soon. It's just a slow death.

I'm not gonna laff at them until I see what kind of raping Ryans agent has in store for us .....

brees isnt the only one with alot of hit on their cap, our fromt office left us leeway with smarter contract structures. Plus alot of our cap frees up next year. Ryan wont break us and our FO knows how to work out contracts in their favour, im not worried about ryans contract in the least.

brees isnt the only one with alot of hit on their cap, our fromt office left us leeway with smarter contract structures. Plus alot of our cap frees up next year. Ryan wont break us and our FO knows how to work out contracts in their favour, im not worried about ryans contract in the least.

Yea, but either way its gonna be a mfker ....we better go on and bust through that window because Julios agent is standing in line as well ....

Yea, but either way its gonna be a mfker ....we better go on and bust through that window because Julios agent is standing in line as well ....

im not worried about it, im certain our FO knows what they are doing. They've done an exceptional job so far. Roddy could have killed us but our FO made that one work. As long as they continue to draft team first players with strong character and leadership then im certain we wont be getting into the deep doodoo that the saints staff has gotten them into.

im not worried about it, im certain our FO knows what they are doing. They've done an exceptional job so far. Roddy could have killed us but our FO made that one work. As long as they continue to draft team first players with strong character and leadership then im certain we wont be getting into the deep doodoo that the saints staff has gotten them into.

Bro, I like TD too, but reality is reality, got to pay Ryan now, then Julio next ...you dont think Julio is gonna get megatron money ? ...I'm just stating the facts, dont shoot the messenger....

The Saints are screwed because Loomis keeps restructuring. Like Ducky said, sooner or later he has to face the music. Especially with Brees' contract. These tiny bumps in the cap aren't helping. He's hoping for a big jump soon. It's just a slow death.

Think the plan must be to shoot for another title in the next year or two, then re-build. They have Brees contract set up so they don't owe him any money after year 3. In 2015- Brees, Grubbs, Evans and Colston will make up nearly half the salary cap by themselves. Graham is getting a new contract soon.

Loomis had the luxury of paying Brees what amounted to minimum wage for a stud NFL QB the last several years. That's not the case anymore. Goingto be interesting the next couple of years in NOLA.

Bro, I like TD too, but reality is reality, got to pay Ryan now, then Julio next ...you dont think Julio is gonna get megatron money ? ...I'm just stating the facts, dont shoot the messenger....

lol i never said that these guys wouldnt get paid, i just stated that im not worried about it because i believe that our FO will be able to make the contracts work out in their favour, how did i shoot the messenger here? Im not seeing the argument? Lol no big deal, it is what it is.

And yet a ton of people on here are constantly wanting to restructure guys. You can't just keep back loading the contracts. It eventually catches up with you. Just look at the Taints...