Another Fa Rumor

OC

From National Football Post:

*Word out of Atlanta is the Falcons believe they need to add to the secondary and find an able replacement for Michael Turner if they want to get over the hurdle next year. Turner’s inconsistency made the Falcons offense one dimensional at times.

To be honest, this reminds me of 2011 when we lost to GB, and most people chalked it up to defensive woes, and in response to that, TD went out and drafted Julio. But who knows?

Get Jim Leonhard. He's a really underrated safety with some of the best leadership skills around. He's a much better option than players like James Sanders and Chris Hope.

I think we're fine at corner. McClain looked really good and he could turn out to be a franchise corner. Can't remember the last time a young cornerback has looked good for us. Samuel is staying. One of either Grimes or Robinson will go, I think we roll with whoever accepts a cheaper deal so that gives us a solid trio and good depth. It could just be that Nolan might want big, physical corners who can jam and play man effectively.

I can see this being true if we are going to let Grimes walk and cut Dunta .... I was thinking about that in my next mock... If you are going to to try to sign a impact DE in FA.... You cant pay a CB and DE... We dont have the money.... Its like the allowing Lofton leave left us with enough money to get Asante.

It all depends on how we will attack it in FA..... We will see.. I eally want to see how we approach this.... Its a couple of different ways we can go with this.

I can see this being true if we are going to let Grimes walk and cut Dunta .... I was thinking about that in my next mock... If you are going to to try to sign a impact DE in FA.... You cant pay a CB and DE... We dont have the money.... Its like the allowing Lofton leave left us with enough money to get Asante.

It all depends on how we will attack it in FA..... We will see.. I eally want to see how we approach this.... Its a couple of different ways we can go with this.

JBO personally I'd like us to attack upfront in the draft if we rolled with Woodson Samuel and Mclain for a year or 2 we can still retool the secondary.

I say for draft purposes its a full court press to remedy the front 7 on defense 2 of the 1st 3 picks must be defense I just can't see it any other way.

I like woodson, but we have to get younger, not to mention he's been getting injured a lot

I dont care about getting younger this year, we have a window now to win a Lombardi

that not be here that long. I am not opposed with any help that can help us win the big one

regardless what age. As far as getting younger, building a nucleous and being a superbowl

threat every year ....forget it, not happening in this age of salary caps and huge contracts.

You just cant keep that many good players on the same team for that long. You just have to get to a point where you are good enough to take your shot, not going to be any more dynasty`s like the Patriots....

Look at the old geezers that won with Baltimore, now you have to pay Flacco so its tough to do and we will have the same problem with Ryan`s new contract and keeping a pile of

great players .

So give me whoever we can use , old or not and I`ll take my Lombardi this years thanks, we

might not be in this position for a long time, who knows....

I dont care about getting younger this year, we have a window now to win a Lombardi

that not be here that long. I am not opposed with any help that can help us win the big one

regardless what age. As far as getting younger, building a nucleous and being a superbowl

threat every year ....forget it, not happening in this age of salary caps and huge contracts.

You just cant keep that many good players on the same team for that long. You just have to get to a point where you are good enough to take your shot, not going to be any more dynasty`s like the Patriots....

Look at the old geezers that won with Baltimore, now you have to pay Flacco so its tough to do and we will have the same problem with Ryan`s new contract and keeping a pile of

great players .

So give me whoever we can use , old or not and I`ll take my Lombardi this years thanks, we

might not be in this position for a long time, who knows....

Agreed....This aint the year to be trying to get cute. We knocked at the door for a couple seasons, last season we started punding on it, this year we need to kick that Mother F*cker down.

Sign Woodson, cut Dunta, Let Grimes walk (Save a boat load of money)and make some big plays in FA. Then next year we go after a CB in the 1st round.

Edited by RubberDucky

I would not be surprised if the Falcons draft a CB early if there is not a pass rusher or DT worth taking at 30. If this is the case then I would okay with them getting Xavier Rhodes if he was to somehow make it to 30(unlikely but is possible). He has Champ Bailey type of potential.

I still think improving the pass rush is the 1st priority though.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

Yeah that's the thing - if he'd come here for cheap, I'd do it. But with Grimes, WillyMo and Co needing to be resigned... this may be bleak.

I'm with you but I honestly think we need to cut ties with Grimes and Dunta pull in a vet like Woodson and then retool in the next 2 drafts with secondary picks.

Woodson has to realise he isn't going to get the $$$$$ he is after and if he does get it I don't think it will be with a contender if he came here I believe it would be for a reasonable price because he know's that the Falcons are a team on the cusp and he'd be a key piece I think for this reason a fair deal could be done on both sides much like TG he won't rip us either I'm guessing these 2 guys last season won't be for the $$$$ its for the Ring and they sound like on to it guys so I'm guessing financially they both are set and would do contracts that wouldn't cripple the team.

Edited by kiwifalcon