Wfw...eplain This...

Rave

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since we're throwing our WR's first 3 year stats out there...

Smith

Catches 245

Yards 3,545

Y/R 14.63

TDs 22

LNG 80

Y/G 75.42

Come at me bros.

I think the point of this is getting misconstrued. The point wasnt to say who is better, but to show where most premiere WRs were after 3 years. It really wasnt meant to be a competition.

Well since we're throwing our WR's first 3 year stats out there...

Smith

Catches 245

Yards 3,545

Y/R 14.63

TDs 22

LNG 80

Y/G 75.42

Come at me bros.

Gladly.

I have no idea where you got your numbers from, but they aren't even remotely correct.

Try this instead....

152 catches

2,136 yards

10 TD's

You can joke about my propensity to loiter outside of Hot Topic all you want, but don't you come after my favorite team's wide receiver!

Personally attacking me for showing you your bias....the joys of calling you on your BS. :lol:

Edited by Enlightend32

laugh.png Personal attacks the #1 sign that someone has one a debate. laugh.png

Who's debating? And who "one" anything? My position from before you started this thread was that this conversation can only be had by people too stupid to go any deeper than stats.

Edited by Serge

Who's debating? And who "one" anything? My position from before you started this thread was that this conversation can only be had by people too stupid to go any deeper than stats.

Show me, without stats, that two players had the exact same learning curve.

Show me, without stats, that two players progressed about that same.

Can you do that?

Show me, without stats, that two players had the exact same learning curve.

Show me, without stats, that two players progressed about that same.

Can you do that?

That's not saying stats mean nothing at all, it's saying how stupid it is to only go by stats.

Gladly.

I have no idea where you got your numbers from, but they aren't even remotely correct.

Try this instead....

152 catches

2,136 yards

10 TD's

His first season he was primarily used solely as a return guy. He had very, very few snaps at WR so it's not really fair to use his rookie season... everyone doubted his ability to be a WR based on his size. 2002 was his first year he was given a chance at the position, and he didn't play in 2004 because he was injured the entire season. So his first 3 years as a WR would be 2002, 2003, and 2005. And those calculate exactly into the numbers I posted.

Edit: If you want to use his rookie season, then base it on his actual position that year. Just as a return man he accumulated 1795 yards and 3 TDs in 2001. But then again the topic was WR stats, not return stats.

Edited by PantherBlack

That's not saying stats mean nothing at all, it's saying how stupid it is to only go by stats.

What you seem to fail to grasp is, we are on a message board. Without being physically in a room going over game tape after game tape, there is no other way to show progression than through stats. If there is then show me, as Ive previously asked.

His first season he was primarily used solely as a return guy. He had very few snaps at WR so it's not really fair to use his rookie season... everyone doubted his ability to be a WR based on his size. 2002 was his first year he was given a chance at the position, and 2004 he was injured the entire season. So his first 3 years as a WR would be 2002, 2003, and 2005. And those calculate exactly into the numbers I posted.

Then he doesnt belong in the conversation. The thread was comparing progression through a players FIRST 3 years. Period.

Edited by Enlightend32

Then he doesnt belong in the conversation. The thread was comparing progression through a players FIRST 3 years. Period.

I admitted I was just throwing him in for fun. Even then I believe it's a fair enough comparison to use his first 3 years as a WR against others first 3 years.

I just argued the point further after his stats were downplayed from a rookie year where he didn't really even get a chance at the position, as he was solely a return guy.

What you seem to fail to grasp is, we are on a message board. Without being physically in a room going over game tape after game tape, there is no other way to show progression than through stats. If there is then show me, as Ive previously asked.

You could always watch football games and remember things. It sounds hard and inexact but I swear it's how all the guys that aren't terrible at predicting future development do it and it does a lot better than your method.

uhhhhhhhhhhh

Roddy White was referred to as a Bust after his second season

when vick was here, his numbers were wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down

Kinda like Fitzs the last 2 yrs

was not until Paul Patrino came in for the 2007 season when Roddy Really came into his own

Roddys Numbers are Better than ANYONES since then

dont have a clue what you guys are smoking, same shyt as R Sherman I Guess

Roddy White is an Elite WR

and has played at a HOF Level since 07

Not just Catching The Rock

But his Blocking and refuse to lose Attitude

Roddy is the most Complete WR in The Entire NFL

and The Second best Football Player in the Entire NFL IMO

I fear he will be getting less and less love because of the Guy on the Other Side...

after what he has done for The Falcons, as a Player, Person and Leader

he will lack no love from the House of Shred.....

Ever

His first season he was primarily used solely as a return guy. He had very, very few snaps at WR so it's not really fair to use his rookie season... everyone doubted his ability to be a WR based on his size. 2002 was his first year he was given a chance at the position, and he didn't play in 2004 because he was injured the entire season. So his first 3 years as a WR would be 2002, 2003, and 2005. And those calculate exactly into the numbers I posted.

Edit: If you want to use his rookie season, then base it on his actual position that year. Just as a return man he accumulated 1431 yards and 2 TDs in 2001. But then again the topic was WR stats, not return stats.

* Didn't get used much

* Got hurt

* Don't like that year, so let's throw it out

Seriously?

Colston was injured much of his 3rd year too, can I change the rules?

The stats you posted included 5 seasons of experience, not 3.

His first 3 years were what we were discussing, you included. Until you got caught messing with the numbers.

* Didn't get used much

* Got hurt

* Don't like that year, so let's throw it out

Seriously?

Colston was injured much of his 3rd year too, can I change the rules?

The stats you posted included 5 seasons of experience, not 3.

His first 3 years were what we were discussing, you included. Until you got caught messing with the numbers.

Dez only started in 15 games in his first 2 years....ph34r.png

You could always watch football games and remember things. It sounds hard and inexact but I swear it's how all the guys that aren't terrible at predicting future development do it and it does a lot better than your method.

I love how you are insulting my intelligence. I think its easier to do it in a way that a majority of those on this board would get rather than singling out a minority of people that would know what the heck Im talking about. Most people dont remember little nuances of games unless you have a video of it.