Wfw...eplain This...

Rave

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

time's running out.... but it's enough time for JJ to take over the role of #1.

Steve Smith is 5'8-9ish and 33, about to be 34... Roddy should be good for a while especially with Julio to take some pressure off as he starts to lose a step. And JJ will no doubt continue to get better... so barring something unfortunate happening y'all should be set at WR for the forseeable future. That being said we're screwed at the WR position for the forseeable future unless something is done ASAP to address it.

Meh, I just wish we could've found someone to ease into Smitty's role back when he was 30-31. sad.png

Steve Smith is 5'8-9ish and 33, about to be 34... Roddy should be good for a while especially with Julio to take some pressure off as he starts to lose a step. And JJ will no doubt continue to get better... so barring something unfortunate happening y'all should be set at WR for the forseeable future. That being said we're screwed at the WR position for the forseeable future unless something is done ASAP to address it.

Meh, I just wish we could've found someone to ease into Smitty's role back when he was 30-31. sad.png

that's a good point... roddy's game isn't really his speed, it's more his route running and hands.

that's a good point... roddy's game isn't really his speed, it's more his route running and hands.

Yep, y'all are blessed at the position no doubt. I could see him being his productive usual self for the next 4-5 years or so.

What I wouldn't give for a circa 2005 26-year old Smitty to go along with Cam... double coverage, triple coverage... didn't matter, dude was unguardable at that time.

roddy's stats are down in the early years because of vick

So I guess Jon Kitna, Don Orshansky, and Dunta Culpepper helped out Calvin Johnson's numbers? How about David Carr with Andre Johnson? The Vick excuse is old and dried out.

Tell that to RavEn32...

Its your fanbase that uses Vick as a crutch in Roddy's development instead of his blatant imaturity, fussed about PI not being called in the NFCCG, but I'm the one that makes excuses. Nice deflection.

Its your fanbase that uses Vick as a crutch in Roddy's development instead of his blatant imaturity, fussed about PI not being called in the NFCCG, but I'm the one that makes excuses. Nice deflection.

So should I go back and bump all your excuses for Dez and HIS blatant immaturity?

You defend the $hit out of your beloved Cowboys and when a Falcons fan defends the Falcons, this is what you do:

CryBaby.gif

Edited by Falcon Man

how about the bich fit you pitched on the non call roddy had on mo? for a day are two it was "thanks to the refs we lost"

how about the bich fit you pitched on the non call roddy had on mo? for a day are two it was "thanks to the refs we lost"

Never said I never do it, but to call me out when other FALCON FANS do it is a RCDS.

The fact remains that the "well he had Vick" excuse is a dumb one. Unless David Carr was a better QB than Vick. Maybe you prefer Jon Kitna...Dan Orshansky....maybe Dunta Culpepper...

Edited by Enlightend32

So should I go back and bump all your excuses for Dez and HIS blatant immaturity?

You defend the $hit out of your beloved Cowboys and when a Falcons fan defends the Falcons, this is what you do:

CryBaby.gif

I just find it funny that Roddy came along at the same pace as Dez, yet Dez gets a lot of flack. Roddy gets the "he had Vick" excuse while other WRs in the league had even worse options and did better. Dez has even been called a bust by one RC poster, which is what this thread is about. If Dez is a bust then so was Roddy, CJ, and Andre in their first 3 years. Its funny that Ive been comparing Dez to Roddy this whole time when talking about their first 3 years. After looking at the numbers I should have aimed a lot higher. I had no idea that Calvin Johnson's and Dez' numbers were so similar. Calvin had Jon Kitna, Dan Orshansky, and Dunta Culpepper throwing him the ball before Stafford finally got there in his third year.

So until you can show me where David Carr, Jon Kitna, Dan Orshansky, and Dunta Culpepper are better than Mike Vick, then Ive pretty much busted the excuse of "well he had Vick".

Never said I never do it, but to call me out when other FALCON FANS do it is a RCDS.

The fact remains that the "well he had Vick" excuse is a dumb one. Unless David Carr was a better QB than Vick. Maybe you prefer Jon Kitna...Dan Orshansky....maybe Dunta Culpepper...

roddy was horrible, the team was horrible, the qb was horrible. those are all valid reasons why roddy developed late. i don't know why it even matters.

roddy was horrible, the team was horrible, the qb was horrible. those are all valid reasons why roddy developed late. i don't know why it even matters.

When you don't have a team you root for certain players, and when you're a UGA/Cowboys/Kobe Bryant fan you tend to care more about the stats than the W's even if you claim to only care about the latter.

Because if one of your own took 3 years to develop, but a player on another team gets **** for the same thing...then what do you call that?

Dez is on a team that has been 6-10, 8-8, and 8-8 in his first 3 years. Why is he not given the same benefit of "hes on a bad team" that Roddy is getting?

When you don't have a team you root for certain players, and when you're a UGA/Cowboys/Kobe Bryant fan you tend to care more about the stats than the W's even if you claim to only care about the latter.

You have to be ********. You have to be. Otherwise I can no longer take you seriously.

This isnt about stats, but proof that Dez is getting the short end of the stick when being evaluated by Falcon fans who, even though they have a WR that went through many of the same things, cant seem to see the reality of who and what Dez Bryant is.

Edited by Enlightend32

Because if one of your own took 3 years to develop, but a player on another team gets **** for the same thing...then what do you call that?

Dez is on a team that has been 6-10, 8-8, and 8-8 in his first 3 years. Why is he not given the same benefit of "hes on a bad team" that Roddy is getting?

if dez spends the next five seasons being one of the best wrs in the league, then im sure you'll hear less of that

roddy got plenty of **** for looking like a bust pick.

You have to be ********. You have to be. Otherwise I can no longer take you seriously.

Im in a thread where 4 individuals are being compared. Yet, Im supposed to be talking about team goals and team success. That makes absolutely no sense.

Then you call into question my fandom. Thats even funnier. I guess you are claiming that Im only a Dez Bryant fan. Which is kind of funny when you consider Ive been a fan from 1992-the present. Im pretty sure Dez Bryant wasnt on the Cowboys back then.

All in all, this isnt about stats, but proof that Dez is getting the short end of the stick when being evaluated by Falcon fans who, even though they have a WR that went through many of the same things, cant seem to see reality.

See, here's the thing: I don't give a **** about this or any stupid OP about wide receiver stats, but I love how much Falcon fan perception of a Cowboys wide receiver matters to you even when you go to great lengths to deny that this is the case, and I'm going to play that. That's 10x more entertaining than a conversation comparing wide receiver stats through their first three years will ever be.