Time For The Falcons To Get Younger At Rb By Pat Y

xSICKxWITHxITx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if turner drops 15-20lbs i could see him looking like the turner of old he realy didnt look that bad in the playoffs and the reason he didnt hit the 1000 yrd mark this season is cus the first part of the season all we did was pass

Turner will be too expensive to keep at the age of 31. Its time to move on and get a fresh pair of legs in the draft that can play for the next 6-8 years.

kudos to Pat Y. - he got this situation 100% right.

step 1) Cut Michael Turner

step 2) sit out the free agent RB market

step 3) wait until 3rd round or longer and then grab your RB to pair w/ Quizz

I like the guys he mentioned as well:

Joseph Rundle

Stephan Taylor

Mike Gillislee

like those three specifically

have not researched Jonathan Franklin nor Jawan Jamison yet.

I'm over the Mike Cox experience and I don't no why they would'nt use Snelling as our FB he has all the tools can block run if needs be and catch out of the backfield I never understood why he wasn't used as a FB.

Bradie Ewing

Was drafted to be the starting FB.

Joseph Rundle

Stephan Taylor

Mike Gillislee

I guess.

Joseph Rundle

Stephan Taylor

Mike Gillislee

Thinking that we fix out running woes with just a third round RB spells disaster I would Rather just keep turner cause at least we can continue to blame him instead of looking at how bad our oline is at getting a push in the run game and opening up holes. We need to get a guard first then we can get a third round rb

Joseph Rundle

Stephan Taylor

Mike Gillislee

I'm not sure those guys are there when we pick in the 3rd or 4th especially Randle

Bradie Ewing

Was drafted to be the starting FB.

Understand that but wasn't Snelling a FB at WVU ????I pretty sure he was and has the capability to play that spot.

This is my beef if as the above is true why have we ever needed to draft another FB when theres a guy perfectly suited to it already on the roster.

Thinking that we fix out running woes with just a third round RB spells disaster I would Rather just keep turner cause at least we can continue to blame him instead of looking at how bad our oline is at getting a push in the run game and opening up holes. We need to get a guard first then we can get a third round rb

LOL, you and me are on opposite ends of the spectrum on everything this year, Jaymadd.....

I would not keep Michael Turner at any price - he just needs to be gone. Any talented RB that we bring in draft will be better than Michael Turner - how could <insert drafted RB here> be worse than Turner right now?

LOL, you and me are on opposite ends of the spectrum on everything this year, Jaymadd.....

I would not keep Michael Turner at any price - he just needs to be gone. Any talented RB that we bring in draft will be better than Michael Turner - how could <insert drafted RB here> be worse than Turner right now?

I knew a time would come when that would happen. I am ready to get rid of Turner too and will be happy with replacing him with a 3rd to 4th round pick, but unless we improve the Oline the incremental improvement is not going to produce the type of results we are looking for. If you beat your house on a weak foundation u need to fix the foundation, not paint the outside of the house. Getting a Rb without getting a starting Guard is like painting a house with a weak foundation. (That may not have been the greatest analogy but hopefully you understand what I am saying.

I knew a time would come when that would happen. I am ready to get rid of Turner too and will be happy with replacing him with a 3rd to 4th round pick, but unless we improve the Oline the incremental improvement is not going to produce the type of results we are looking for. If you beat your house on a weak foundation u need to fix the foundation, not paint the outside of the house. Getting a Rb without getting a starting Guard is like painting a house with a weak foundation. (That may not have been the greatest analogy but hopefully you understand what I am saying.

Moving Konz to C and one of are players stepping up at RG could do wonders to our O line. If we have no one to play RG or switch people around then we should draft a G in the first 3 rounds.

I agree we have to improve line play, but just adding a new fresh back to replace MT could help a lot.

Understand that but wasn't Snelling a FB at WVU ????I pretty sure he was and has the capability to play that spot.

This is my beef if as the above is true why have we ever needed to draft another FB when theres a guy perfectly suited to it already on the roster.

He was, but i think it might have been Virginia, have to double check though. He slimmed down a little to play RB. MM used him at both positions a little at the beginning.

just moving Konz from Guard to Center is going to strengthen this O-Line because Konz will be better than McClure at center and Clabo/Reynolds/Manley will be a little better than Konz at Guard.

I would love to draft Warford/Frederick as well but just think we have greater needs. We will agree to disagree