Tony G 50/50

xSICKxWITHxITx

Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff believes "it's a lot closer to 50/50" that Tony Gonzalez returns.

"I don’t believe, not stating that he would be lying to anyone, but I don’t believe the 95 percent," Dimitroff said on Pro Football Talk. "I want to believe it’s a lot closer to 50/50, to be honest with you, and we've had discussions." Dimitroff added that when the personnel staff reviews the 2013 roster, Gonzalez's name has stayed on it. The tide is starting to change, and it's looking more and more likely that Gonzo may try to make another run with Atlanta at a Super Bowl. He'll have to sign a new contract to do so, though, as he's a free agent. It shouldn't be a major hurdle.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Feb 14 - 7:54 PM

I think Tony G is going to retire. Some are saying we are 10 yards away from the Super Bowl he knows its not that easy to return. Falcons were at home in a building they rarely lose playing a 2nd year QB with limited starts. This was the time for Falcons to go to Super Bowl. Ryan had ball in his hands inside red zone and missed a wide open Tony G .He will be on some sunday sports show making millions and doesnt have to go through the wear and tear of another NFL season

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

If he comes back it'll be a pretty penny.

So good bye Dunta and Turner for moore and Tony.

But what about Grimes? If he cones back are we ok with a one timr mcclain, ok with injury prone Grimes, and Franks playing nickel???

What about the d line? Need a true tackle. Need someone to pair with Abe, cause biermann needs to be set to free roam the field as a true lb/de.

Peterson gone.

Nicholas horrible and lost us the game.....lost Tony chances. And Nic almost lost us the Seahawks.

Then a RB.

A ton of needs to be only addressed by the draft?

I just cannot see the man retiring after being SO CLOSE!! All those seasons of hard work and Hall of Fame play, all the effort, work, talent and skill and just ONE PLAYOFF WIN in 16 seasons?? I just don't think he can live with that...We'll get him that ring this season...If HE makes the effort, the TEAM will make the effort!!!

I love the guy but we can do just as well or better without him, so I'm at the point where I don't care if he goes or stays

Better, I don't think so. We need him one more season and worry about drafting a TE next year. This draft needs to be D heavy. We may have Tony's replacement on the roster already and we don't know it yet. Coffman made that beautiful catch in the playoffs, not saying he's the answer but we don't know yet. Spread a little more playing time for him and the other TE during the season while we still have Mr. Reliable. We really really need him to come back one more year.

Guest King Jigsaw

He's earn't the right to take his time I have no problems its blatantly obvious the door has been left ajar for Tony G I'm sure when its said and done he'll be back through and lacing the boots up again for another season.

I can't believe I never knew earn't was a word. The contraction for 'ear not', I'm guessing?

if he does come back I hope TD plans for him leaving and drafts a TE Tony G can take under his wing for a year . Tony G also coming back would wipe 5 million off the cap

But, but, but, according to everyone here Chase Coffman is the second coming of TG anyway, on the basis of "that catch". If thats the case why not use Chase as the understudy?

Listen, I'm about to the point where I think we need to move on. Draft another TE even though we know we can't "replace" Tony, but it's time for us to start looking at other ways to have excellent offensive production. Heaven forbid he asks for a 7-8$ million contract...we'll never get to fix this defense it seems.