In Not To Shocking News

falconsd56

At the risk of continuing the "liberal cesspool" label that ABF apparently has become….. Republicans used the filibuster.. AGAIN.

This time blocking one of their own.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/14/white-house-responds-to-republican-demands-over-hagel-nomination/?hpt=hp_t1

Good to know things never change.

Hagel deserves to be blocked.

And there isn't a doubt in my mind that Obama chose Hagel so that he could blame republicans for the demise in Defense spending when the sequester fails because it was overseen by, as you said, "one of their own."

And there isn't a doubt in my mind that Obama chose Hagel so that he could blame republicans for the demise in Defense spending when the sequester fails because it was overseen by, as you said, "one of their own."

Never mind he is actually one of the few guys actually QUALIFIED for a position he is being nominated for. Which is something you do not see in washington these days ( or for a long time atleast)

But yeah don’t let that get in the way of partisan hackery.

Never mind he is actually one of the few guys actually QUALIFIED for a position he is being nominated for. Which is something you do not see in washington these days ( or for a long time atleast)

But yeah don’t let that get in the way of partisan hackery.

What makes one qualified? Why does it have to be someone in Washington?

What makes one qualified? Why does it have to be someone in Washington?

Experience.

And he is not " in washington" right now, he has been a way form it for a while.

He is a guy who has respect on both sides of the isle. But they felt the need to do something that has NEVER been done before..... NEVER in the history of the country.

Obama selected a man who is, by most standards, qualified for the job. He is filibustered by Republicans. And you figure out a way to make it some kind of play by Obama.

Maybe...JUST MAYBE...he nominated him because he thought he was the man for the job.

I know...crazy.