Khaseem Greene

Is it just me or does Khaseem Greene seem like he's already an Atlanta Falcon and we haven't even gotten to the draft let alone the combine,out of every prospect in the draft he's the only one I'm getting that feeling from I can say the same thing about Zach Ertz but I feel the same way about Greene like I did in the 2010 NFL Draft when we drafted Spoon, just visualize Spoon on one side and Greene on the other side add a couple more pieces here and there we could be scary as ****.

Is it just me or does Khaseem Greene seem like he's already an Atlanta Falcon and we haven't even gotten to the draft let alone the combine,out of every prospect in the draft he's the only one I'm getting that feeling from I can say the same thing about Zach Ertz but I feel the same way about Greene like I did in the 2010 NFL Draft when we drafted Spoon, just visualize Spoon on one side and Greene on the other side add a couple more pieces here and there we could be scary as ****.

Not drafting him any more, but he was in my first two mocks. We have bigger needs...but yeah, he's one of my favorite players in the draft.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that Greene's athleticism was severely overrated by some board members here. SMH at all of you, politely though.

4.71 40 with only a 30 inch vertical and a freaking 7.58 3 cone drill. So he's slow both in a straight line and really slow -- really the polar opposite of quick -- in getting around. Plus only 17 bench reps. This kid is probably going to get absolutely manhandled by NFL interior offensive linemen. He isn't that big at 6 ft, 240 and he isn't strong for his size at all with only 17 reps of 225....and he is surprisingly from how you guys talk about him pretty lead footed with that horrendous 3 cone drill.

Let's put this in perspective: Manti Te'o ran the 3 cone drill in 7.13 seconds. Te'o is getting BLASTED for not being athletic enough to be a factor in the NFL. Te'o ran a 4.81 40, but makes up for it with great instincts and very good short area quickness to the ball. Greene ran a 4.71 40 -- one tenth of a second faster, but significantly slower than guys like Zavier Godden who was sub 4.5 -- and allegedly makes up for it with "great speed and quickness because he was a safety before" but then turned in an offensive lineman-like 3 cone drill at 7.48 seconds.

I'm not even kidding. Luke Joeckel had a 7.40 3 cone drill. Eric Fisher had a 7.59 3 cone drill. And Lane Johnson had a 7.31 3 cone drill. Cornell center JC Tretter at 6'4 307 lbs had an identical 7.48 3 cone drill. 6'3 320 lbs center from Illinois Hugh Thornton had a 7.45 3 cone drill.

Suffice it to say: no wonder they moved him from safety. Dude would have been murdered in college in coverage on receivers.

Please lawdy do not let Greene become a Falcon. I'm sure he was good in college, but that lack of quickness and speed means he'll cut eaten up in the league. Stop comparing him to Lavonte David, it isn't even close. David ran a sub 4.6 40 and had a sub 7.3 second 3 cone drill, and a 36.5" vertical. A much faster, more explosive athlete -- period.

Pretty much. We might chance getting him in the second, but I just don't see it happening. Reminds me a lot of Daryl Washington...really wish we could have him, but we don't have much of a shot.

This my friend if the perfect comparison! Washington too only had 17 rep of 225, he chose not to do the 3 cone drill at the combine probably for obvious reason. At the end of the day even thou you have all these statistical measureables how does that translate into on field production? What drill do they have to measure instinct? Greene did not run the fastest 40 nor did he bench the most reps but does the guy who does develop into the best player? Case and point Taylor Mays!!!!!!!!!

It appears that Greene's athleticism was severely overrated by some board members here. SMH at all of you, politely though.

4.71 40 with only a 30 inch vertical and a freaking 7.58 3 cone drill. So he's slow both in a straight line and really slow -- really the polar opposite of quick -- in getting around. Plus only 17 bench reps. This kid is probably going to get absolutely manhandled by NFL interior offensive linemen. He isn't that big at 6 ft, 240 and he isn't strong for his size at all with only 17 reps of 225....and he is surprisingly from how you guys talk about him pretty lead footed with that horrendous 3 cone drill.

Let's put this in perspective: Manti Te'o ran the 3 cone drill in 7.13 seconds. Te'o is getting BLASTED for not being athletic enough to be a factor in the NFL. Te'o ran a 4.81 40, but makes up for it with great instincts and very good short area quickness to the ball. Greene ran a 4.71 40 -- one tenth of a second faster, but significantly slower than guys like Zavier Godden who was sub 4.5 -- and allegedly makes up for it with "great speed and quickness because he was a safety before" but then turned in an offensive lineman-like 3 cone drill at 7.48 seconds.

I'm not even kidding. Luke Joeckel had a 7.40 3 cone drill. Eric Fisher had a 7.59 3 cone drill. And Lane Johnson had a 7.31 3 cone drill. Cornell center JC Tretter at 6'4 307 lbs had an identical 7.48 3 cone drill. 6'3 320 lbs center from Illinois Hugh Thornton had a 7.45 3 cone drill.

Suffice it to say: no wonder they moved him from safety. Dude would have been murdered in college in coverage on receivers.

Please lawdy do not let Greene become a Falcon. I'm sure he was good in college, but that lack of quickness and speed means he'll cut eaten up in the league. Stop comparing him to Lavonte David, it isn't even close. David ran a sub 4.6 40 and had a sub 7.3 second 3 cone drill, and a 36.5" vertical. A much faster, more explosive athlete -- period.

Agreed. I never saw the love for Greene after watching his tape. Would take Arthur Brown over him every day of the week. Not that combine 40's are the end all be all of a players speed, but i never even noticed him being that athletic of a guy. When you watch Brown it is impossible to not notice his athleticism.

So anyone who doesn't test well at the combine is no worthy of being a Falcon.......good to know smh.

Edited by jayrockthabarber

I have the same feeling about Green