Reggie Bush And Falcons Belong Together

Sicairos

http://www.nfl.com/n...yerteam-matches

Reggie Bush and Falcons belong together

I love playing Valentine's Day matchmaker. One time, I set up two of my friends, and they wound up getting engaged! Of course, the wedding never came, and she married someone else. But for a while, it worked great! So with that success in mind, I'd like to say, "Reggie Bush, meet the Atlanta Falcons."

Atlanta needs a running back, but there aren't many impressive ones out there. Bush would fit the Falcons' high-octane offense, giving them a presence that could be similar to the one Marshall Faulk brought to the St. Louis Rams. Bush's speed -- matched with better understanding and execution the past couple of seasons -- would mean a whole new headache for Atlanta's opponents, who didn't have to worry about facing an explosive running threat in 2012.

I don't think Bush will suddenly turn into Faulk, but he could make the same kind of jump in production Faulk did when he left the Indianapolis Colts for St. Louis. So maybe he'll be Faulk Lite -- which is still pretty awesome. It's all about being in the right system for a running back. With the way Atlanta can spread the field? Look out. Chunk-yardage runs and long gains out of the backfield will be made to order for Bush, who doesn't need 28 to 30 carries per game to be effective. Twenty will do just fine -- he should easily average 100 to 125 combined yards per game with that much action. The crazy thing is, had the light gone on for Bush earlier in his career, he never would have left the New Orleans Saints. Happy Valentine's Day!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like Bush, he is not the type of RB this team needs. The Falcon like the "Ground and Pound" type power backs.

No we don't ground and pound anymore.

I think our FB plays like 15% of our plays, we need a recieving threat who can play many roles in our no huddle offense...

We are a explosive offense now, not one that will just grind teams.

Guest Negatorris

As much as I like Bush, he is not the type of RB this team needs. The Falcon like the "Ground and Pound" type power backs.

Didn't you hear? Mularkey left last Janurary? Ground and pound backs are useless in Koetter's offense. It's more suited for guys like Quizz, or Ray Rice.

Yes to Bush. He won't ask for much as most think.

No we don't ground and pound anymore.

I think our FB plays like 15% of our plays, we need a recieving threat who can play many roles in our no huddle offense...

We are a explosive offense now, not one that will just grind teams.

You sure about that? Smitty is the head coach. You can bet Turner's replacement will be a Power RB. It's a virtual certainty. If not, then I will happily eat crow. But I doubt it.

You sure about that? Smitty is the head coach. You can bet Turner's replacement will be a Power RB. It's a virtual certainty. If not, then I will happily eat crow. But I doubt it.

Will not happen. Quizz had 50+ catches for a reason. We are obviously trying to get the RB more involved in the passing game. We just don't have the right piece there yet.