We Lack A Franchise Type Player On Defense

THE ICEMAN

I think everybody can agree we have a good solid defense that can get you to the playoffs right? I do I just think we lack that one player were you go were's number ???? You got him. In another's words we need a Julio type player on defense a guy you have to game plan for like JJ watt,Von Miller,Clay Mathews you get the point.

If TD did move up and grab someone Who do you think it'd be?

I'd pick Barkevious Mingo or Damontre Moore I think Mingo is more likely as he's slotted around 9-12 and a lot of the scouts believe he could turn out as the best player in this draft but he does have the bust possibility as it is with any player.

With that said I think the likely hood of this happening is about 0.5%. He11 I'd rather see us keep the picks we have and move back into the 2nd round with next years 1st.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why but I have a feeling that a pass rusher that we least expected will drop to us.

Man I hope so

I like Okafor But still not sold on him some of the guys are going to rise up boards that we have going in the 2nd now TD may say the He11 with this and go get a guy he thinks can have a huge impact

Falcons do need a difference maker on defense - so far Weatherspoon has not been up to the task - he has windows of excellence - but its not consistent.

nobody else is even close.

I think Spoon is what he is a good probowl type player but not a player that disrupts an offense I think if we found that guy you'd see Spoon and Moore and Decoud all improve one guy can make a difference just look at Julio

You guys are nuts. Spoon and Moore are both, imho, franchise defense players, even though our D is lacking talent as a whole. Okafor is likely to drop to us, even if we trade back a tad into the second (which I actually think has a good shot of happening, given all the talent in the second and our connection with the Rams FO). Have you guys watched this guy?

His first step is one of the bigger criticisms people have of him, but when he's in a two point stance, linebacker style, he explodes off the snap, and his bullrush is unparalleled. He overwhelms and overpowers the tackle trying to block him. You know that gif of Abraham shoving Jake Long down and crushing the Dolphins QB? He had several of those type of plays in just one game when they let him stand up a bit more frequently. Mark my words. Terrell Suggs type player. Can set the edge decently, great handwork and club move, can make himself skinny, good with the dip...he needs to work on shifting his blocker on the inside runs, but I can't complain too much about that. Best value pick at ours. He'd be off the board in the top 10-15 if this was five years ago. I can see him being a consistent 8-10 sack guy...something we haven't had opposite of Abe in AGES.

Edited by TuggIe2

You guys are nuts. Spoon and Moore are both, imho, franchise defense players, even though our D is lacking talent as a whole. Okafor is likely to drop to us, even if we trade back a tad into the second (which I actually think has a good shot of happening, given all the talent in the second and our connection with the Rams FO). Have you guys watched this guy?

His first step is one of the bigger criticisms people have of him, but when he's in a two point stance, linebacker style, he explodes off the snap, and his bullrush is unparalleled. He overwhelms and overpowers the tackle trying to block him. You know that gif of Abraham shoving Jake Long down and crushing the Dolphins QB? He had several of those type of plays in just one game when they let him stand up a bit more frequently. Mark my words. Terrell Suggs type player. Can set the edge decently, great handwork and club move, can make himself skinny, good with the dip...he needs to work on shifting his blocker on the inside runs, but I can't complain too much about that. Best value pick at ours. He'd be off the board in the top 10-15 if this was five years ago. I can see him being a consistent 8-10 sack guy...something we haven't had opposite of Abe in AGES.

Your also banking on Abraham getting his 10 or sacks remember he'll be 35 next year and like I said Okafor is a good solid prospect like you said 8-10 sacks but we need a guy who can get 15 sacks and take over a game like a JJ watt or JPP or even Justin smith

And Noway he turns in to a Terrell Suggs type player did you actually watch Suggs go look his college stats up Okafor isn't even in same the league as Suggs

Edited by joe 1982

Your also banking on Abraham getting his 10 or sacks remember he'll be 35 next year and like I said Okafor is a good solid prospect like you said 8-10 sacks but we need a guy who can get 15 sacks and take over a game like a JJ watt or JPP or even Justin smith

And Noway he turns in to a Terrell Suggs type player did you actually watch Suggs go look his college stats up Oka for isn't even in the league as Suggs

The only way we get a top player like that is by making a retardedly big trade or absolutely sh*tting away the season. And I never said he turns into the same player as Suggs, I said he reminds me of Suggs. You probably don't even watch film if you say he isn't in the same league...their bullrush from a two point stance is almost identical.

But why am I even arguing? I swear, half the people who disagree about Okafor have nothing to back up what they're saying in terms of actual evaluation. Like the guy I quoted right now. What do you think about his pad level? His pass moves? Hand placement? Power rush? Edge rush? Three point stance? Two and four point stances? Twitch ability? Footwork? Holding the POA? Do you even know how to respond to that, or are you just saying you don't think he can be special because he isn't a sexy prospect?

Go back to school and educate yourself before you post. "We need a guy who can get 15 sacks..." If it was that easy, every team would do it. The people on this board...goddammit.

Edited by TuggIe2

And Noway he turns in to a Terrell Suggs type player did you actually watch Suggs go look his college stats up Oka for isn't even in the league as Suggs

A little help is all Abe Needs. You are seriously underestimating what a beast Abe still is even at his age. The man has been our only pass rush his entire career here.....If Okafor fell to us and he would help him out I could easily see Abe topping 12+ Sacks. Heck he has been putting up numbers without any help and has only failed to reach double digit sacks TWICE his entire career here. Abraham IS that Guy who teams plan for. Gets DOUBLE TEAMED virtually every game and is STILL our only pass rush.....All we need is another decent DE opposite Abe. Ray Edwards was suppose to be that guy that finally changed that, man these busts really hurt the team.

Spoon is not a franchise type player. Certainly hasn't played like one.

Sadly, in a lot of ways, this is actually true. I think he's close to being one, and he looked like it in the past, but he regressed pretty badly this year. Still our best LB and I think he bounces back...but there were some bad stretches.

That is all I was saying. He has a ton of potential. He could be the next best thing. He just needs to try harder.

A little help is all Abe Needs. You are seriously underestimating what a beast Abe still is even at his age. The man has been our only pass rush his entire career here.....If Okafor fell to us and he would help him out I could easily see Abe topping 12+ Sacks. Heck he has been putting up numbers without any help and has only failed to reach double digit sacks TWICE his entire career here. Abraham IS that Guy who teams plan for. Gets DOUBLE TEAMED virtually every game and is STILL our only pass rush.....All we need is another decent DE opposite Abe. Ray Edwards was suppose to be that guy that finally changed that, man these busts really hurt the team.

I feel really bad for Abraham. It's like we have been saying the same thing forever and he still has to carry the whole load for the team. I'm afraid to say that he won't last much longer if we don't get him help ASAP/>

Sadly, in a lot of ways, this is actually true. I think he's close to being one, and he looked like it in the past, but he regressed pretty badly this year. Still our best LB and I think he bounces back...but there were some bad stretches.

Spoon is not criticized by our fans for sucking in coverage. Why cause he does a stupid Spoon dance ? fuk him lol

Way to overappreciated. Same dude be doing that dumb@ss dance after every tackle and he got people making full blown replicas of spoons. fuk em lol. Back on topic doe, some help in the LB department would be nice. "Young" TD dun fcked up (again) with the Dent pic and now we runnin thin on LB's. Dent aint even half the LB Lofton was, I don't know how we gon' recova from dis?????

8qxqOqO.jpg

Way to overappreciated. Same dude be doing that dumb@ss dance after every tackle and he got people making full blown replicas of spoons. fuk em lol. Back on topic doe, some help in the LB department would be nice. "Young" TD dun fcked up (again) with the Dent pic and now we runnin thin on LB's. Dent aint even half the LB Lofton was, I don't know how we gon' recova from dis?????

8qxqOqO.jpg

Dont hate if a fan is a fan. That is weak.