Cj2K

xskyx

I live in TN. Obviously, I'm not a Tn fan (i've tried, it's just so hard to follow such a horrible team who makes such horrible decisions. Maybe i'll try again this year?).. Many of my friends think the Titans will cut Chris Johnson.

Now, before this happens, I want to see how many Falcon fans would want to sign such a high dollar rb.

I'm personally agains't the idea. Why pay millions for something we can draft? I'm a firm believer that rbs are a dime a dozen.

So, basically, the question is... would you want to sign cj2k if the opportuninity presents itself? Many of my friends see Cj coming to ATL, Pats, Lions, and a few more. (Pats lead the conversations)

Think CJ will ask for too much money for us to be a player.

How come the pats are leading the talks? Ridley just had a pretty good year and I forget who their other RB was, but aren't they pretty solid at running back right now?

idk, just what my friends suspect will happen. they basically guarantee a pats superbowl if this happens. I'd personally LOVE to have Ridley (more than CJ).

believe the Titans have already said there not going to cut him but bring him back

Not sure, just what local Titans fans have said to me. I haven't read anything official

Think CJ will ask for too much money for us to be a player.

How come the pats are leading the talks? Ridley just had a pretty good year and I forget who their other RB was, but aren't they pretty solid at running back right now?

What makes you think the Pats are leading the talks? Woodhead and Verren were the other RB's.

It seems like like drafting a running back just makes more sense these days. They are hamstrung by the rookie wage scale and you can lock them up easily. Couple that with the success that "most" drafted running backs have in even the smallest capacity and it would appear silly to pay cj2k. There is no doubt the guy is a great ball player and has that elite speed and elusiveness but I just dont think it makes that much sense. He will demand a hefty price tag. 3 years ago, he may have been the best HB in the game.

I think the deadline has already passed guaranteeing the majority of his 10M this year, meaning he won't be cut, and probably won't be traded

Reggie Bush would certainly make a fine Marshall Faulk impression in this offense

Personally I think Percy Harvin would be an outstanding addition if he really is available for trade. He's only 24 and one of the best players in the league. WR is not a need but he's so much more than a WR, we have no return game, and he could be our speed RB as well

I think the deadline has already passed guaranteeing the majority of his 10M this year, meaning he won't be cut, and probably won't be traded

Reggie Bush would certainly make a fine Marshall Faulk impression in this offense

Personally I think Percy Harvin would be an outstanding addition if he really is available for trade. He's only 24 and one of the best players in the league. WR is not a need but he's so much more than a WR, we have no return game, and he could be our speed RB as well

Three issues with Harvin.

1. What draft picks?

2. What kind of money is Harvin looking for?

3. Team chemistry

Other than that it's a slam dunk

1. What draft picks?

3. Team chemistry

1. Draft picks- Well obviously we wouldn't be giving up a 1st although he is worth a late 1st round pick and 90%+ likely to be better than whoever we end up with. He could probably be had for a 2nd and would be great value for our late pick. I'd trade a 3rd for him instantly but would feel just fine about giving up our 2nd because he's young, proven, a gamechanger and plays so many positions.

2. Money-Whatever money he's looking for he's earned. He's a workhorse, the best return man in the league, a threat to score every time he touches it and a beast with the ball in his hands as a WR, RB or KR/PR. He has outstanding toughness and competitiveness.

Harvin is only 24. Ryan and Julio are the only long term building blocks on this offense. No one else is a significant talent who will be producing at an elite level long term. Harvin would give us a 3rd one of those to get locked up and build the team around with draft picks.

3. Chemistry-All I know is that not only is Harvin an elite athlete, he's fearless, lays it all on the line, and is tough as nails. Peterson has talked publicly before about how much he respects him and just today went on a radio show talking about how they would be stupid to trade him

1. What draft picks?

3. Team chemistry

don't worry about team chemistry. All Harvin wants to do is win and get some touches. He wouldn't be a problem cause we would win and get him touches. Vikings wants a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. But he wants to be paid like a number 1 guy. Adam S said two days ago on NFL Live he is looking for a Megatron or Fitz type deal. Now obviously he won't sniff that. But he could probably get someone to pay him around $8-10 mil a year. Other words doubtful he comes here

If he will sign a reasonable contract with some financial rewards for certain performance, yes. 28 is not that young for a RB with 5 years or wear and tear. Say a 4 year deal that averages aroudn 4 million a year in base, I'll take him.

He can earn extra money for leading the team in rushing yards/carries, passing the 1000 yard mark, passing the 1300 yard mark and catching 40 or more balls.

If the money were good for us I'm ok with it. He has had some complaints about his money. I would still bring in a guy in the draft from round 4 or later.

Edited by isproab