State Of The Union

unbillievable

No matter who is POTUS, I will support them if they clearly have the country's best interests at heart. Politicians will be politicians. Let's face that FACT right now. There is nothing anyone can do about it except the politicians themselves. WIth that being said, I support President Obama because he plays the game really well. He knows when to take off the party politics jacket and he knows when to be diplomatic and he knows when to position himself for personal political gain.

No matter who is POTUS, I will support them if they clearly have the country's best interests at heart. Politicians will be politicians. Let's face that FACT right now. There is nothing anyone can do about it except the politicians themselves. WIth that being said, I support President Obama because he plays the game really well. He knows when to take off the party politics jacket and he knows when to be diplomatic and he knows when to position himself for personal political gain.

Wha? huh.pngblink.pngwacko.png

The one thing I took away from this is that Rubio sold out to the extreme right last night. He said 30 years of tax increases have not helped, but I am sure he meant to say tax cuts because one of the only times this country has prospered since the 80's is when Clinton was in office. Every time a Republican comes in with tax cuts, we see huge deficits.

The one thing I took away from this is that Rubio sold out to the extreme right last night. He said 30 years of tax increases have not helped, but I am sure he meant to say tax cuts because one of the only times this country has prospered since the 80's is when Clinton was in office. Every time a Republican comes in with tax cuts, we see huge deficits.

lol @ Rubio sold out to the extreme right. Rubio is 'the extreme right'. He has been a rising star on the right for a while. He has never been considered moderate or center-right.

This is pure ********..... amazing lmao!

You've got to be an alt. I'm assuming one of actworth's.

Nah. Unbillievable may be a water head (in fact, I doubt anyone would argue otherwise, but that's beside the point), but he did, in fact, create this board's greatest thread ever. This was in the golden age, sometime around 2004 or so. It was something to the effect of "hreiaeaiaisdfqoarahgah, aklsdfajo aodsnfsl, so drunk."

Respect your elders.

lol @ Rubio sold out to the extreme right. Rubio is 'the extreme right'. He has been a rising star on the right for a while. He has never been considered moderate or center-right.

Yeah this. He is a god in Miami among other places. The Cubans are all rightwing.

I thought it was a great speech by the president. One of he better SOTUs I have witnessed.

It was like watching a guys chance to become president disappear right in front of your eyes.

i doubt it hurt his chances. But he certainly didn't help them. And I don't really blame him for that display. It looked like a high school production. Poor lighting, obviously hot room, and a parched presenter.

i doubt it hurt his chances. But he certainly didn't help them. And I don't really blame him for that display. It looked like a high school production. Poor lighting, obviously hot room, and a parched presenter.

I would hope that your right, but i'm not so sure. I remember Jindal's chances going down the tube at the GOP response in 09, and I thought Rubio's was worse.

I would hope that your right, but i'm not so sure. I remember Jindal's chances going down the tube at the GOP response in 09, and I thought Rubio's was worse.

Republicans have gotten really good at coming off poorly in recent speeches and debates. The GOP presidential debates have enough soundbites to keep Jon Stewart fueled for a decade.