Nfl.com's All-Under-25 Team

Rave

i'm not getting a notarized letter stating the on topicness of cam every time he is brought up, neither am i derailing this thread discussing as such. cam newton is clearly on topic in this thread.

speed, size, vertical reach.... hands to be determined.

Vertical

Dez 38"

JJ 38.5"

40 Yard Dash

Dez 4.45

JJ 4.32

20 Yard Dash

Dez 2.51

JJ 2.47

10 Yard Dash

Dez 1.53

JJ 1.50

Hands to be determined?

Career Catching %

Dez - 200/313 64%

JJ - 133/225 59%

Im pretty sure hands have been determined.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well don't then honey bunny. I'm not sure why you feel like you have to respond to my posts even when they aren't directed at you.

I just don't understand how one can be the first one to say people don't bring up cam a lot on this board, yet simultaneously always be the first one to bring him up.

both untrue and irrelevant.

now back on topic.....

i'd say Dez had a better statistical year in 2012, however i don't think i would take dez of JJ going forward... Also you could argue both had better years then AJ Green.

Vertical

Dez 38"

JJ 38.5"

40 Yard Dash

Dez 4.45

JJ 4.32

20 Yard Dash

Dez 2.51

JJ 2.47

10 Yard Dash

Dez 1.53

JJ 1.50

Hands to be determined?

Career Catching %

Dez - 200/313 64%

JJ - 133/225 59%

Im pretty sure hands have been determined.

not even close to being determined. check in 10 years.

now back on topic.....

i'd say Dez had a better statistical year in 2012, however i don't think i would take dez of JJ going forward... Also you could argue both had better years then AJ Green.

JJ had Roddy and Tony, he never had to pull the offense by himself. Dez has Witten and Austin to help him out. Who the **** does AJ have? AJ is that offense.

now back on topic.....

I'd take any one of them in a heartbeat... it's a **** shame that outside that limited time he spent lining up with Moose we've never given Smitty a legit #2 to take the pressure off of him. And now he's turning into an old man and the best we've got is LaFail and Raider's castaway Louis Murphy.

That on top of a broken down Jake Delhomme, Jimmy Clausen and the works... we've really wasted Smitty's career here in Carolina. *sigh*

Translation, my horse is on the losing side, check back in when he has a chance to be in front.

I don't understand why have this conversation at all if nothing can be determined for 10 year. RIGHT NOW, Dez has and has had through his career the better hands, thus for the purpose of this convo, Dez has the better hands.

Edited by NYG4

if matt ryan throws the ball out of bounds in JJ's general direction that counts as a target.

True, but unless you want to go through every game tape and tell me just how many of those targets were catchable, then Im going with what I have. Its the same thing that PFF uses.

I realize you are trying to get an advantage for your boy, but you really should just stop.

Edited by Enlightend32

Again, name one thing that JJ does better than Dez other than run faster.

I keep hearing JJ is better, but there is nothing that backs that up. There is no physical trait that JJ has, other than speed, that Dez does not possess.

Better hands... better feel for the game...he is stronger...

Keep this in mind... Julio averaged more per catch ( by a VERY small amount) yet had more first downs on fewer catches.... in fact Julio is one of just a small hand full of starting wrs who had 70% of his catches go for first down.

Bryant did have 13 more catches but only managed 2 more tds and 1 more " big play" ( 40+ yard reception) more than Julio...........All the while Julio playing with TWO other guys with 90+ catches.

The notion Julio does not take over games while Bryant having only modestly better stats is stupid.

Better hands... better feel for the game...he is stronger...

Keep this in mind... Julio averaged more per catch ( by a VERY small amount) yet had more first downs on fewer catches.... in fact Julio is one of just a small hand full of starting wrs who had 70% of his catches go for first down.

Bryant did have 13 more catches but only managed 2 more tds and 1 more " big play" ( 40+ yard reception) more than Julio...........All the while Julio playing with TWO other guys with 90+ catches.

The notion Julio does not take over games while Bryant having only modestly better stats is stupid.

JJ has better hands than Dez? Please provide your proof of this notion.

AJ 97 1350 11

Dez 92 1382 12

JJ 79 1198 10

Just stop.

no, im fine continuing this line of questioning....

we have established that JJ has better hands then AJ.....

AJ 6'4 207# 4.5 40yard dash

JJ 6'3 220# 4.39 40 yard dash

so then, would it be fair to say that JJ is bigger, faster, and has better hands then AJ Green?

AJ Green.... 40 more targets, one more td. AJ Green 1 TD every 16.4 targets, JJ 1 TD every 12.9 targets. AJ 13.9 ypc, JJ 15.2 ypc. AJ 2 fumbles, JJ 0.

AJ catches 59% of targets, JJ 61%

for 2012 of course, since that's what this list is for.

I dont think they took into consideration catching percentage. I was using that to show that Dez' hands are better than JJ's for those that believe otherwise.

I see that you have used that same stat in your comparison of AJ and JJ.

I think they took the 2 most productive WRs, under 25, during the past season, and put them on the list.

Edited by Enlightend32

no, im fine continuing this line of questioning....

we have established that JJ has better hands then AJ.....

AJ 6'4 207# 4.5 40yard dash

JJ 6'3 220# 4.39 40 yard dash

so then, would it be fair to say that JJ is bigger, faster, and has better hands then AJ Green?

Define "bigger".

Where do you get 4.5 40?

His lowest 40 was 4.4.

Edited by Enlightend32