Nfl.com's All-Under-25 Team

Rave

Do you really dispute that, that there isn't a GM in the league that would take Dez over Julio? Get the **** outta here...

So you are trying to say, that a GM would look at Dez' body of work and JJ's body of work and take JJ over Dez? Ok, lets look at that shall we?

Career Catching %

Dez - 200/313 64%

JJ - 133/225 59%

Yeah, Ill take Dez....

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That conversation will be short when Cam stands next to Kap.

Oh, so Cam has been to a Super Bowl, broke the longest ever scramble for a TD by a QB, and has more 50+ yard scrambles for TDs than any other QB in history?

My bad, I must have had my story wrong. I thought that was Kap.

I was replying to your post so ask yourself that question.

I swear no one gives their QB more excuses than you.

Im going to start copying and pasting your defenses for Cam when Romo throws INTs next year, laugh.png

Edited by Enlightend32

RW made it to the playoffs his first year.

according to most of the non-Falcons fans here, regular season accomplishments mean nothing. all that matters is the playoffs.

RW's defense was much better then carolinas. RW had a running game to back him up.... cam was carolina's running game.

inb4 nyg complaining about cam being brought up in a topic in which he is clearly on topic.

searches for Cam Newton's name in OP. Does not see it.

I swear no one gives their QB more excuses than you.

Im going to start copying and pasting your defenses for Cam when Romo throws INTs next year, laugh.png

meh.. don't think doing even the slightest thing anytime Romo throws an int will leave you much time to do anything else.

Again, name one thing that JJ does better than Dez other than run faster.

I keep hearing JJ is better, but there is nothing that backs that up. There is no physical trait that JJ has, other than speed, that Dez does not possess.

if, in the coarse of making a distinction, you have to remove attributes from one to make the other comparable, then that answers the question as to which is better.

searches for Cam Newton's name in OP. Does not see it.

meh.. don't think doing even the slightest thing anytime Romo throws an int will leave you much time to do anything else.

pleas link to the rule in RC that says that only players brought up in the OP are on topic. btw, kaep, luck, and rg3 weren't brought up in the OP either.

if, in the coarse of making a distinction, you have to remove attributes from one to make the other comparable, then that answers the question as to which is better.

but speed doesn't automatically make on the better receiver. So, no it doesn't answer the question.

Oh, so Cam has been to a Super Bowl, broke the longest ever scramble for a TD by a QB, and has more 50+ yard scrambles for TDs than any other QB in history?

My bad, I must have had my story wrong. I thought that was Kap.

Not taking anything away from what Kaep did, but with the gameplan that the Packers showed up with I think even Alex Smith could have busted off one **** of a scramble or two in that game. GB's defense just looked totally unprepared for that sh!t.

But like I said earlier, I think Kaepernick has a bright future in the NFL.

Not really, Dez' best attribute is his strength, JJ's is his speed, but one doesnt make the other better. Literally the only stat that matters for a WR is if they catch the ball or not. Dez has a 64% catching percentage and Julio has a 59% catching percentage. How can Julio be the better WR if he cant even catch as well as Dez? Thats the bottom line Im trying to get to.

but speed doesn't automatically make on the better receiver. So, no it doesn't answer the question.

if it doesn't make him better then why does rave want that removed from discussion?

it would be like if i said.... ok, tell me why dez is a good wr, but don't you can't talk about how good his hands are.

pleas link to the rule in RC that says that only players brought up in the OP are on topic. btw, kaep, luck, and rg3 weren't brought up in the OP either.

Any player at any position that is under 25 in on topic. That should be obvious.

Not really, Dez' best attribute is his strength, JJ's is his speed, but one doesnt make the other better. Literally the only stat that matters for a WR is if they catch the ball or not. Dez has a 64% catching percentage and Julio has a 59% catching percentage. How can Julio be the better WR if he cant even catch as well as Dez? Thats the bottom line Im trying to get to.

if what you say were true you wouldn't try to exclude jj's speed.

if it doesn't make him better then why does rave want that removed from discussion?

it would be like if i said.... ok, tell me why dez is a good wr, but don't you can't talk about how good his hands are.

I dont want it removed, but if that is the ONLY advantage that JJ has, then hes not the better WR. As Ive pointed out, Dez has the better hands. What good is speed without catching the ball?

did you actually click on the link.. because yes they were.

Talk about some tough calls to make! Wilson over Andrew Luck. ... Alfred Morris on the outside looking in. ...

Robert Griffin's III's style of play causes durability qualms.

And Keap was brought up well after Cam.

did you actually click on the link.. because yes they were.

And Keap was brought up well after Cam.

i'm not getting a notarized letter stating the on topicness of cam every time he is brought up, neither am i derailing this thread discussing as such. cam newton is clearly on topic in this thread.

I dont want it removed, but if that is the ONLY advantage that JJ has, then hes not the better WR. As Ive pointed out, Dez has the better hands. What good is speed without catching the ball?

speed, size, vertical reach.... hands to be determined.

i'm not getting a notarized letter stating the on topicness of cam every time he is brought up, neither am i derailing this thread discussing as such. cam newton is clearly on topic in this thread.

Well don't then honey bunny. I'm not sure why you feel like you have to respond to my posts even when they aren't directed at you.

I just don't understand how one can be the first one to say people don't bring up cam a lot on this board, yet simultaneously always be the first one to bring him up.

are measurables comparable to actual on the field play?

If player A has better measurables, but player B grades out better in actual production..then....

Does it really matter if you are faster and have a better vertical reach if player B is out producing you?

Edited by NYG4