Percy Have Mercy Harvin Espn Insider

Cali-Falcon

If we lose TG then suddenly you can put a safety on each Roddy and Julio. We don't have a running threat and then we wouldn't have a middle of the field threat. I don't think some of you truly understand what having that 3rd offensive weapon does.

I am sure we are gonna draft a Rb and possibly a TE which would make our offense even better than what it was last season and if Gonzo somehow comes back with those added weapons then all bets are off the table.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure we are gonna draft a Rb and possibly a TE which would make our offense even better than what it was last season and if Gonzo somehow comes back with those added weapons then all bets are off the table.

We could easily forgo a TE and get an upgraded 3rd wr. Harvin, from a sheer talent perspective would more than make up for TG's departure

From a sheer talent side of it Harvin at this point would be better but adding a big body TE will be big for us in the red-zone where we will miss Gonzo the most. Matt is an accurate passer that will make a 6'6 TE almost unguardable if he has good hands. He knows where to put the ball where it will either be a TD or a drop. I think adding one of these young TE's will be better for the roster and for our cap.

From a sheer talent side of it Harvin at this point would be better but adding a big body TE will be big for us in the red-zone where we will miss Gonzo the most. Matt is an accurate passer that will make a 6'6 TE almost unguardable if he has good hands. He knows where to put the ball where it will either be a TD or a drop. I think adding one of these young TE's will be better for the roster and for our cap.

we have big receivers we need tight ends to block for matt and the running backs.

Which will be something that the TE will add to our game. Not to mention we can also add an RB to our roster with the pick that we'll save.

falcons have running backs falcons have tight ends that can block and catch without tg. I don't think you can mentally grasp what percy harvin adds to this offense with julio and roddy white. 1 player effecting 3 aspects of the game @ a probowl level is better than what tony can bring at this point in his career. If percy got those 93 tony receptions you're talking 3 1000 yard receivers and blowouts.

falcons have running backs falcons have tight ends that can block and catch without tg. I don't think you can mentally grasp what percy harvin adds to this offense with julio and roddy white. 1 player effecting 3 aspects of the game @ a probowl level is better than what tony can bring at this point in his career. If percy got those 93 tony receptions you're talking 3 1000 yard receivers and blowouts.

You aren't getting blowouts, but 50 - 45 scores.

Agree. He is an urgent athlete and brings a different and versatile playmaking ability to our offense. Plus Harvin has never played with a QB the caliber of Matt Ryan.

I guess it really comes down to locker room fit. I don't know Harvin, but he does from what I read seem to have had a brash attitude.

Agree. He is an urgent athlete and brings a different and versatile playmaking ability to our offense. Plus Harvin has never played with a QB the caliber of Matt Ryan.

I guess it really comes down to locker room fit. I don't know Harvin, but he does from what I read seem to have had a brash attitude.

I'd like to think the falcons emphasis on leadership etc has made a locker room that percy could get a long with. Dunno agree 100% on the qb I think that settles him down a bit too.

I've been a fan of Percy since we played in high school. He's also a one of a kind player like Julio & I would love to have him on the team. No way he would have a problem playing along Roddy & Julio. I just wouldn't give them to much for him.

I'd like to think the falcons emphasis on leadership etc has made a locker room that percy could get a long with. Dunno agree 100% on the qb I think that settles him down a bit too.

TD already stated something to that effect when talking on the radio about the Falcon filter, he said he would consider a bad boy at some point because the locker room was so united ....

would be nice. and a 2nd plus 4th isn't a bad price. replaces tony g, future wr#2, kick/punts(we need). since we'll have a extra 4th comp pick, it will be close to our regular 4th round pick, and not really a loss. i can see this happening. not keeping any fingers cross though

I'd be fine with that trade. Still got a 1st and 3rd for defense and rb...and in a very deep defensive draft well get some gems 4-7 rounds

As great as Percy is at a lot of things, he is not a bell cow back.

So I would be down for trading for him if we bring in a main back.

I wouldnt be opposed to getting Toby either...he could probably be an effective NFL back, he is just behind the best in the NFL now(kinda like Turner was behind LT in SD)

Eh, he's not so much a RB, he's this odd thing called a WR.

Eh, he's not so much a RB, he's this odd thing called a WR.

he will run end arounds reverses with julio make me nervous, **** imagine a defensive coordinators diaper? Not to mention the fake end around shuffle pass to percy up the gut. Opens up the middle of the field, coffman will look like tg with all that room created. Plus the safeties will be on their heals snelling and quizz will eat all that space,

What I like best on the idea of possibly Harvin joining other than the fact he is a playmaker and can be an asset to the return gm he gives us another young receiver, a solid #2 Playing #3 who can become a #2 once Roddy hangs em up. We would basically have Roddy replacement and a core of weapons for Ryan for the next 5-6 yrs. Allowing us to beef up the defense even more.

What I like best on the idea of possibly Harvin joining other than the fact he is a playmaker and can be an asset to the return gm he gives us another young receiver, a solid #2 Playing #3 who can become a #2 once Roddy hangs em up. We would basically have Roddy replacement and a core of weapons for Ryan for the next 5-6 yrs. Allowing us to beef up the defense even more.

But we will be paying our WRs so much we will not have any money left for defense>>> Harvin wants to be paid like a #1

It would be something to see but I agree more with seeing Wes welker than I would be for Percy harvin he has one more year on rookie contract he may want more he definitely is testing the market if we can trade pesky d.robinson for him and a 5 th I'm down anything more we should have traded for b.marshal last year I think he went for a 4th or 5th so w. welker or r. Bush I would love to stick it to the saints faithful and see Reggie run for 100 plus with 2 touchdowns

Getting Julio was less than 1%.

don't know about that. Will say it was a shock. But Percy wants to be paid like Fitz and CJ according to Adam S. I'm sure he will take less. But we can't have all that money tied into 3 WR. Julio will be getting a new contract after the 2014 season. And we will have to pay him huge money. Would love to have Percy. Love it. But not getting my hopes up