Percy Have Mercy Harvin Espn Insider

Cali-Falcon

"....

Atlanta Falcons

For the past few seasons, the Falcons have been all about surrounding Matt Ryan with weapons to make the offense even better. With Tony Gonzalez about to hang it up, the team suddenly has a gaping hole in the middle of the field and underneath the defense. Harry Douglas hasn't showed he can operate consistently in that area, but Harvin certainly has. Despite the aggressive moves they have made in the past, the Falcons are still in a healthy salary-cap situation and have more than enough to get a contract done with Harvin. Roddy White, Julio Jones and Harvin would be a fearsome trio "

Honestly, I wanted to snag Welker from the Patriots and thought it was a realistic possibility considering TD's roots. However if TD makes the move for Percy, it will either be a BOOM or BUST pickup. Welker is more of a locker room guy but only has 2-3 years of effectiveness left in his tank. Percy Harvin hasn't even reached his peak yet and the kid is TOUGH.

Even if TG walks this year adding Harvin in the slot will more than make up for his loss. Also we get the most dynamic kick/punt returner in the game as well.

Possible issues are his contract and attitude. But this strangely seems like the Asante situation a year ago....

Prediction: I don't think TD will give up more than a third for harvin because of the depth at the Offensive and Defensive Lines in this draft class. Plus we have running back needs as well. If TD can get Harvin for a third + HD then that will be a steal.

Another scenario would be giving up a second + HD for Harvin and Gerhart. But I doubt they would do that ...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As great as Percy is at a lot of things, he is not a bell cow back.

So I would be down for trading for him if we bring in a main back.

I wouldnt be opposed to getting Toby either...he could probably be an effective NFL back, he is just behind the best in the NFL now(kinda like Turner was behind LT in SD)

Harvin (or R. Bush) could do AMAZING things in this offense. The amount of space that would open up enderneath with White and JOnes outside could lead to many exciting pays from either of those guys.

We definately could not look to pay him in the same manner as White and Jones though. And that woul likely be the sticking point. Not worried about attitude. Unfortunately sometimes losing can make yu grumpy. He either wants to win or get a paycheck if he has to deal with losing. People like to point fingers over it, but i get it. If I am going to be unhappy might as well get paid for it, knowing there are 31 other companies out there that I could work for as well.

And if the price is a 3rd, I say go for it. TD's track record with trading picks for players is much better than his reord of drafting in round 3 (Decoud, M. Johnson, Ch. Jackson, Owens)

Chit, I really dont want his issues, but talent like that for a 3rd ? do it in a heartbeat ....

that is where I wonder if a guy like Reggie would be a better option as a UFA. no trades, and likely a lower payday than Harvin.

Jones and White outside and Bush and Rodgers in the backfield would make it hard for defenses to diagnose the play for sure. they woud hve to cover every inch deep and near....very tough to do with that kind of explosiveness. It would also help to disquise run vs pass as well.

that is where I wonder if a guy like Reggie would be a better option as a UFA. no trades, and likely a lower payday than Harvin.

Jones and White outside and Bush and Rodgers in the backfield would make it hard for defenses to diagnose the play for sure. they woud hve to cover every inch deep and near....very tough to do with that kind of explosiveness. It would also help to disquise run vs pass as well.

Bush could be a beast in the slot as well. Our Hurry up would be insane and could change formations in a heartbeat... Bush is amazing in space and with our WRs he would see a lot of it in the passing game.

Bush could be a beast in the slot as well. Our Hurry up would be insane and could change formations in a heartbeat... Bush is amazing in space and with our WRs he would see a lot of it in the passing game.

you and I are on the same page here. Bush solves needs in the run and pass game. Not to mention HD83 would be a nice WR4 option in spread sets.

Really doesn't make sense to spend a pick on our strongest position by far. Even if we lose Tony our passing game will still be fine. I would rather spend a 2nd or 3rd on a TE, Rb, De, DT, Cb, LB or RG before we go after Harvin. With the injury history and the new contract he will want it just isn't worth it.

If we lose TG then suddenly you can put a safety on each Roddy and Julio. We don't have a running threat and then we wouldn't have a middle of the field threat. I don't think some of you truly understand what having that 3rd offensive weapon does.

I would give Percy what we would have planned on giving Gonzo w/out question.

Julio, White, Harvin....Oh lawd.

Add a capable RB and we literally have an unstoppable offense.

Bring in Percy and Reggie and we don't even need to field a defense. Imagine a 4 WR set with Julio and Roddy on the outsides with Percy and Reggie in the slots. I have a half chub just thinking about it.

Bring in Percy and Reggie and we don't even need to field a defense. Imagine a 4 WR set with Julio and Roddy on the outsides with Percy and Reggie in the slots. I have a half chub just thinking about it.

Only issue is we have to resign Matt and Julio's contract will be big.

Also we need a G if our Oline is going to be good enough for Matt to use those weapons.

Then we need desperate help on our front 7, and trading for Harvin takes away probably at least a 2nd.

Bush and Rodgers are similar backs we need a bruiser back.

No they are not, Bush is a Home run threat where Quizz is a shifty back who will get you short gains.

I would be perfectly fine going into the season with Bush, Quizz and using Snelling as our Bruiser.

Harvin would have to agree to a new contract as a condition of the trade. (with any team)

If that can be accomplished, I would be all for trading Douglas and a conditonal pick based on playing time. (due to worries of him missing games each year)

If it was a 3 or 4, we could possibly make that up with comp pick we should get for Lofton.

Only issue is we have to resign Matt and Julio's contract will be big.

Also we need a G if our Oline is going to be good enough for Matt to use those weapons.

Then we need desperate help on our front 7, and trading for Harvin takes away probably at least a 2nd.

We won't have to resign Julio until Roddys contract is up. If we don't resign Matt this offseason, he is the only big name FA we would have to sign next offseason. I need to look a little more @ 2014 contract numbers, but I know a few of the bigger contracts drop down on cap hit a little. Roddy is a 9 mil cap hit this year and he drops to 6 next year.

Harvin (or R. Bush) could do AMAZING things in this offense. The amount of space that would open up enderneath with White and JOnes outside could lead to many exciting pays from either of those guys.

We definately could not look to pay him in the same manner as White and Jones though. And that woul likely be the sticking point. Not worried about attitude. Unfortunately sometimes losing can make yu grumpy. He either wants to win or get a paycheck if he has to deal with losing. People like to point fingers over it, but i get it. If I am going to be unhappy might as well get paid for it, knowing there are 31 other companies out there that I could work for as well.

And if the price is a 3rd, I say go for it. TD's track record with trading picks for players is much better than his reord of drafting in round 3 (Decoud, M. Johnson, Ch. Jackson, Owens)

I agree. Heck I'd send a 3rd and a 5th. I highly doubt we will get a better playmaker with either pick. Could you imagine if we got Harvin, drafted Lacy or Stefan Taylor and still landed a big DT like Jessie Williams nd an OLB like Sio Moore! Wow what a haul that old be!

Get Harvin and draft Lacy, then the defense only has to make 2 stops per game ....laugh.png

Ha ha true statement