Falcons Have To Make Call On Dunta Robinson - By Pat Yasinskas/espn

g-dawg

http://espn.go.com/b...all-on-robinson

Falcons have to make call on Robinson

February, 11, 2013

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

159795419.jpg

There is a lot of speculation floating out there about the future of cornerback Dunta Robinson with the Atlanta Falcons.

That situation should become clear soon enough. If the Falcons are going to part ways with Robinson, they need to do it before the fifth day of the league year. If Robinson still is on the roster that day, $3 million of his $8 million base salary becomes fully guaranteed.

Robinson currently is scheduled to count $9 million against the 2013 salary cap. But the Falcons could free up $6 million in cap space if they waive him before a portion of his base salary becomes guaranteed.

But it’s not a certainty the Falcons will part ways with Robinson. They may need him if they’re unable to re-sign Brent Grimes, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. Aside from Grimes and Robinson, the only impact players the Falcons have at cornerback are an aging Asante Samuel and backup Robert McClain.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sure we have been talking about this forever - but its good to know the exact cap numbers and how much we pay and/or save if we cut Dunta.

To me, its a no-brainer that he is cut - not re-structured but cut. You can alway re-sign him if the feeling is mutual. In the open market, Dunta is worth about $3million/yr and we are paying him triple that.

sure we have been talking about this forever - but its good to know the exact cap numbers and how much we pay and/or save if we cut Dunta.

To me, its a no-brainer that he is cut - not re-structured but cut. You can alway re-sign him if the feeling is mutual. In the open market, Dunta is worth about $3million/yr and we are paying him triple that.

I've felt for some time that we'll be doing a cut and resign. I legitimately believe that Dunta wants to be a Falcon and I also believe that he will sign for less to accomplish this.

He has definitely made enough since coming to the Falcons to justify a cut and resign. He was paid much more then he deserved / earned.

I think Falcons have paid about $30 million for 2 interceptions........great deal when you think about it - $15 million per interception.

Im sure he resigns for cheaper. I would love to see what him Grimes and Asante look like. With a half decent new DE and a new Linebacker we are good to go

when has Dunta Robinson ever looked good in Falcons uniform? I honestly don't really want him back at any price much more than vet minimum..........what is he? he's a head hunter - that is all he is. Cannot cover. Cannot tackle.

with $9 million cap charge and $6 million savings to cut him - he's gotta go.

I was going to make a thread up about this Dawg.

This brings in the the distinct possibility of going after a FA DE and going after your man Trufant in the 1st round Dawg.

How say you on this???

TD maybe trying to pull the wool over our eyes going after a FA DE he's turned them down in the past coul;d this be the year he goes after a Avril or a Johnson??

Its the first thing i thought when seeing this article.

TD if your reading we got you covered hahahahaha..

I am not sure who i dislike more as a sports reporter. Pat Y or Bedwetter. I think they are both ignorant

Ledbetter's worse by far. While I kinda feel like Pat's a closet Saints fan, who lets his bias show from time to time, for the most part, he's OK. The problem with Pat is that he is so boring. Most of what he posts has already long since been posted here beforehand. He just regurgitates. Ledbetter, on the other hand, is just awful. He constantly posts things that have little to no backing and make very little if any sense. It's made even worse by the fact that he only posts about the Falcons. In contrast, most of the other AJC writers are fine, but he is terrible.