Percy Harvin

BirdFan33

I think if wine were to bring in Percy Harvin as a #3, I think it would really keep defenses honest against Julio and Roddy. If Tony G retires, this could still give us a presence in the middle. The only question is, what would we have to trade the Vikings, and would he accept a role as a third option.

The only reason he being shopped is because he saying unless the Viks pay him he's holding out.

So no we really don't have the cap space to pay him and really can't give a draft pick either with all the holes on the defensive side of the ball

Right, even if you want to claim that he's: (a)not injury prone, (b)doesn't have the migraines anymore, and, ©all of the resports of his insubordination are lies, you still have the contract issue. We are not going to pay 10+mil to a #3, especially when Julio will likely be getting big money in about two years.

Right, even if you want to claim that he's: (a)not injury prone, (b)doesn't have the migraines anymore, and, ©all of the resports of his insubordination are lies, you still have the contract issue. We are not going to pay 10+mil to a #3, especially when Julio will likely be getting big money in about two years.

In about 2 years Roddy will be gone so we'll have room to pay for Julio. Roddys contract is up the same year that Julios contract is up.

I like how you just pulled 10 mil out of thin air too.

In about 2 years Roddy will be gone so we'll have room to pay for Julio. Roddys contract is up the same year that Julios contract is up.

I am 90% sure I saw somewhere that is what he wants which is pretty reasonable. After what DJax and Garcon got last year there is no way he signs for less then 9 million a year.

P.S. If we could figure out a way I would have no problem paying him 10 million a season. He is a top 5 WR in my books. What he has done with some of the worst QB play this league has seen is nothing short of amazing.

P.P.S With Andre finding his game again maybe just short of top 5. Right up with their with JJ, AJ, Andre, Roddy and Fitz though.

Edited by Cam Topdrew Bottom

I am 90% sure I saw somewhere that is what he wants which is pretty reasonable. After what DJax and Garcon got last year there is no way he signs for less then 9 million a year.

9 mil a year is worth what he would bring to this team. He's lead the NFL in yards per kick return the past two years. He's worth half of that just based on that alone. He also has a KR TD every year in his career.

I don't think we can afford to pay a 3rd WR that kind of money. Too many holes on defense and free agents of our own to resign to pay for what Percy would cost. He would definitely keep defenses honest and give us a un-defenseable offense and solve our problem at PR/KR, but I just don't think we have the flexibility to sign Percy and adequately solve our other problems.

I don't think we can afford to pay a 3rd WR that kind of money. Too many holes on defense and free agents of our own to resign to pay for what Percy would cost. He would definitely keep defenses honest and give us a un-defenseable offense and solve our problem at PR/KR, but I just don't think we have the flexibility to sign Percy and adequately solve our other problems.

Yeah, our recieving corps isn't a problem. We need to fix our holes on defense before we can get the luxury of getting another weapon on offense. I'd rather take my chances and draft someone like Goodwin or Sanders in the later rounds to be our #4 WR/PK/KR.

We've been paying Gonzo, our 3rd receiver, pretty close to that. And yes Gonzo is far closer to a WR then a TE at this point.

Wow, you're just silly. That gives us money for Julio, or some of it at least since he will likely command more than Roddy did, but not enough for both him and Harvin.. Also, the number which you found acceptable was only 1 less than mine, which is the majority consensus from analysts. Take off the glasses. The world won't be as pretty but things will make more sense.

tumblr_lje818UioN1qhriy9o1_500.jpg

Edited by hjerry

Guest Negatorris

I wound hate for Percy Harvin to play here. We'd have to pay him #1 WR money to be our #3. Not to mention he never plays a full season, and he clashes with coaches.