Trufant

freebird310

People here are scaring me with the CB talk, I am starting to get real queasy about the position, if Lacy and all the prime DEs are gone by 30 I want this guy to be a Falcon ....

That is pretty funny because I feel the same way. I didn't even consider a CB till the past few weeks hearing people I trust swear up and down we need one. I was happy with what we have +/- Grimes / Dunta.

That is pretty funny because I feel the same way. I didn't even consider a CB till the past few weeks hearing people I trust swear up and down we need one. I was happy with what we have +/- Grimes / Dunta.

Dunta gone ...Grimes a huge ? both physically and contractually ...Asante a grandpa ...Franks licking his nasty little chops ....I dont like it one bit ...

Dunta gone ...Grimes a huge ? both physically and contractually ...Asante a grandpa ...Franks licking his nasty little chops ....I dont like it one bit ...

Well since you put it that way ... I am kind of freaked out! laugh.png

At least Asante is capable of playing how we need for another year and we have McClain who should only improve. That is a start!

I have been hammering the CB thing hard on how big of a need it is - glad to know I'm converting you guys - tuggle/freebird.....welcome to the Falcon-Krishna's religion of Cornerback.

I've been saying we need to get younger at CB, but this isn't that deep a draft for CB and we have bigger needs. Our corners, Dunta included, were not the problem last year. I will say that I hope we draft a CB before a RB, not sure DT agrees though. I'm a little nervous we will use a pick on a RB fairly early...I'll try not to punch a hole in my wall when it happens LOL

Guest Negatorris

I don't know if Trufant will be there at #30. I see him rated as the #2 CB in the entire draft on some of the draft sites. I love that Robert Alford kid though.

I've been saying we need to get younger at CB, but this isn't that deep a draft for CB and we have bigger needs. Our corners, Dunta included, were not the problem last year. I will say that I hope we draft a CB before a RB, not sure DT agrees though. I'm a little nervous we will use a pick on a RB fairly early...I'll try not to punch a hole in my wall when it happens LOL

I think Dunta is a weakness on this team - you may not - even still - Dunta's contract is a weakness for the team as he is being paid triple what his market value is. Regardless of if you want to keep him or not, Dunta's contract has to go - I would not restructure him either - he needs to be cut and brought back under different contract - maybe like 2 years, $6 million - he's not worth more than that and he has RAPED and BF'd the Falcons for the last 3 years.....money was stolen from Flowery Branch.

Xavier Rhodes has shutdown cornerback potential, but I do like Trufant a lot, him and Alford bring a lot with their coverage as well as their return ability.

I agree with you on Rhodes.

If he was to some how make it to 30(unlikely but still possible) while there are no 1st round type DEs left then I would take him over Trufant in a heartbeat. He is a big and very physical corner and I bet Deion would be drooling all over the fact that he would be both a former Seminole and Falcon.

I would be happy with Trufant as well though.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

You can have the top 5 best corners in this league and they would suck with this d line.

This d line gives a qb 7+ seconds to throw on almost every down.

Build the line, then build the other pieces.

Who cares what anyone else thinks. Thats what wrong with this place now. We are fine at DB for now. If Dunta or Grimes leaves we can pick up a corner in FA. If they both walk we'll draft one with a comp pick. It don't matter WHO you have at DB if you can't pressure the QB. The huskies have a good front 7 with HUGE DTs and fast DEs. The LBs are nothing to sneeze at either. The front 7 allows the DB to jump routes and catch those tipped passes. We NEED a Dline more then anything. We get no pressure up front.