The One Pass Rusher We Need To Sign?

THE ICEMAN

Who do you think we should sign to improve our pass rush?

My first choice would be Michael Johnson but I highly highly doubt Cinci let's him walk and playing with Geno or not at 6-7 280 he's an imposing figure not to mention he's crazy athletic.

My 2nd choice(and the most likely) would be Cliff Avril he may be bad against the run. But he's so athletic I'd believe he'd run into 8-9 sacks and with Nolan he could have 12+ sacks. He is a high risk high reward type player.

But let's say we draft John Jenkins 350+ pounds to play next to him and Kroy to fill in on running downs he is just what we need and still young.

I think the thing that gets over looked in the Ray Edwards thing is We tried to use him as a rotational player as a rusher then tried to use him as a run stopper when he saw a ton of snaps with the Vikings he got those stats playing a ton of snaps.

Avril on the other hand really fits our scheme much better than Edwards did because he a much much better pass rusher.

So if we target a big price OLB/DE in FA who do you choose?

I'll also add I though about Kruger but I think the Ravens will some how figure out how to keep him.

I do like Johnson alot. Avril...maybe...but IMO no matter who we bring in if we don't have that interior push it won't really matter because all the QB will have to do is step up in the pocket to make a throw or take off running. I would love to have a good DE along with Abe I just hope we throw some Fat Nasties in the middle or something.

I think Avril is a better fit because of his pure athleticism.

Kruger to me is just a hard worker earns everything I like that but to me he's buyer beware also as he much like no play Ray has come good playing on and behind a excellent d-line.

Michael Johnson is a pipe dream the Bengals have enough cap room as in 50+ mill to resign this guy so I've just not assumed Johnson as an option.

Edited by kiwifalcon

I like Bennett out of Tampa,wont command huge $, I know Tampa is loaded with cap and will attempt to resign him, but you know how cheap the Glazers are, they throw more of their dinero on their futbol team than they do at their football team LOL, never know, he will test the waters, and might like a contender , hes UFA ....

We can almost certainly rule out any expensive one. If we sign one I think it will be a mid level guy. Or maybe Osi on a 2-3 year deal. I'd love to have Johnson or Avril i just don't know if we would shell out the $ for any of them.

Yea, would not surprise me if we try and pick Osi up for 2 ....how much you think he commands ?

Glenn Dorsey would be a monster in the middle wit babs then have Abe and the de from the browns can anyone help with his name but he would be cheap why isn't anyone talking about him he was cut from the browns because they were switching to a 3-4 and he is a 4-3 de....what's the possibilities? Now that could be a super bowl dline

Glenn Dorsey would be a monster in the middle wit babs then have Abe and the de from the browns can anyone help with his name but he would be cheap why isn't anyone talking about him he was cut from the browns because they were switching to a 3-4 and he is a 4-3 de....what's the possibilities? Now that could be a super bowl dline

Frostee ?

Our DTs are actually pretty solid. Certainly better then the DTs Miller has in Denver.

Solid aint good enough, makes more sense to chase a DT considering they'd be cheaper and would automatically help our run D, when matt had problems this year it was due to pressure in his face. We're nowhere near consistent enough, but then suppose you could argue the whole d line unit is just below average

First choice would be Anthony Spencer, then Michael Johnson followed by Paul Kruger.

What if the falcons sign Dorsey and Frostee in FA that's a good pick up for cheap and draft what ever we needed and possibility trade out of 1st round for more picks that will get us more potential starters on the latter rds

Frostee blows.