Is Lamar Homles An Upgrade At Either Tackle Spot?

THE ICEMAN

I think he may have growing pains threw the season but by the time the playoffs he will have figured it out.

What do you think the likely hood of letting Baker walk and inserting Holmes at LT is?

I bring this up because we have so many holes on Defense and letting Baker walk would likely save us around 5 mil a season going forward that could be spent on defense.

I want to keep Baker dude played at a pro bowl level last season but has struggled every other year. So maybe he was playing for a contract. I do believe Holmes was drafted to either replace clabo or baker this season. He does have a much higher ceiling than either. And may be an elite pass blocker right from the get go. But has a lot of improving to do in his run blocking.

So do we start Holmes and let Baker walk to spend that money on D or keep Baker and let Holmes continue to develope. I think for us to get better we really need Holmes and one of our young guy at DE or DT to become impact players.

Clabo will never be moved back to RG.

We have been wanting this for years, and it just aint happening.

If Holmes is to do anything for this team he will need to be our back up

Tackle either side.

Personally I do not think that Clabo has much gas left in the tank.

I do understand that he was playinf through back injury this year.

Face it.

McClure needs to retire or be a back up.

We had a rookie Center playing RG (Konz) Kid did well.

So we either grab a Guard early or take the #1 center in the 3rd round.

This settles the O Line issues once and for all.

Tackle either side.

Face it.

Waiting for years? that would be 2 years since Dahl left and they obviously didn't feel they had anybody at RT better than Clabo in that time. They may think Holmes is that guy.

It's hardly unprecedented that a RT moves to guard later in his career, 2013 may be the time for Clabo.

Tackle either side.

Face it.

Why has everybody forgotten that Garrett Reynolds actually played pretty well before he got hurt?

Does anybody really have any idea what Holmes brings to the table? How much has he played? Not much I don't think.

Not much at all. He played some in preseason and did not stick out. There was a huge thread with people talking him up like a pro bowler. He played good coming off an injury, but thats about it. Maybe fully healthy he can turn into something. Its still a big question mark. No one can say for 100% certainty of what he brings to the table.

A dude told me earlier today he saw Holmes blowing JPP up late in the NYG game, but I dont remember seeing it ...

He did- remember Archer commenting on it, he also said that JPP may not have been playing his hardest at that point of the game.

Nobody know what's going to happen with Holmes, I'm just hoping TD got this one right.

Yall know why we was in ? ...Clabo get hurt ?

Freebird that was me. Later tonight I will check out that game. In particular the lat td by turner is when I remember Holmes.

Great ! I'm sure the whole board would like that, did they pull Clabo to give Holmes some play with the huge lead , or did Clabo get hurt ? ...I just dont recall, I was drinking pretty heavily for that one LOL ....