If We Draft Offense With Pick #30...

WiscoFalcon

I'm going to flip, seriously, we have needs on offense (OL, RB, WR), but we have more needs on defense, and it's obvious...

DE, DT, LB, S, and CB all need to be addressed this off-season in my opinion, we need to re-vamp this team to make another run in the 2014 playoffs.

I know I speak for a lot of people when they say they want Alex Okafor at #30.

Okafor isn't flashy, but he gets the job done.

Just please, don't draft a TE with #30...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. Our O-line was great or dominant by any means but I think it is serviceable enough for the time being to allow us to focus our picks on other spots. RB - hopefully we can grab one later on in the draft. WR - depth is a need so I don't think we can really justify spending an early pick on a 4th (3rd at best) string WR.

I'm going to flip, seriously, we have needs on offense (OL, RB, WR), but we have more needs on defense, and it's obvious...

DE, DT, LB, S, and CB all need to be addressed this off-season in my opinion, we need to re-vamp this team to make another run in the 2014 playoffs.

I know I speak for a lot of people when they say they want Alex Okafor at #30.

Okafor isn't flashy, but he gets the job done.

Just please, don't draft a TE with #30...

What need do we have at WR or S or CB?

I don't see any point of getting a DE until we get people in the middle that can stop the run. Stop the run and out teams in 3rd and long and Mike Nolan will be aggressive and confuse the QB.

I would like Starks or Sapoaga in FA, preferably Starks. If that's the case I wouldn't mind DE in RD 1 IF we traded up for the one we want.

I wouldn't mind seeing Turner and Dunta cut while not resigning Baker if Holmes is ready and go after Johnson if possible and Starks. Then yes by all means go all offense in the draft.

So if a Eifert or Lacy is available we skip them?

Yes.

While these positions are a need I feel value can still be had by taking a RB or a TE later in the draft.

X is the biggest position of need so at 30 you have to look there first regardless of the OP's initial post.Then I ask myself if this is our biggest position of need can I get an impact guy later if not X is the position I draft first.

So if a Eifert or Lacy is available we skip them?

it just depends on FA.

I could see us picking either if they deem those guys the BPA.

IMO Lacy would most likely be the BPA

I tend to subscribe to Denny Greens thought process...... you get the best player available.

It just so happens in that scenario Lacy would not only be BPA but would also fit a huge need.

I agree that Lacy would be tempting at 30. My issue is will there be a huge drop off of talent between lacy and the next 5 backs off the board in the 3rd-5th round. Juxtapose that with the value of getting someone like a Warford that can come in and immediaty compete in the trenches .... You certainly have to go in that direction...