William Moore Is "interested In Testing" The Open Market.

cali-fal-con

League sources tell the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that free agent SS William Moore is "interested in testing" the open market.

He may not get that chance if the Falcons slap Moore with the franchise tag. A movable chess piece playmaker in Mike Nolan's defense, Moore was an integral part of the Falcons' pass-coverage and run-defense schemes. Moore turns 28 in May. He's one of the top free agent safeties available, behind Jairus Byrd. Feb 11 - 1:19 PM

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

I hope we resign Moore

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5232/william-moore

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slapping him with franchise tag would be pretty stupid and the thought of him playing under that franchise tag of 7 million would bother me some. Let him test the market if some team over pays him we get a comp pick next year . Don't be held hostage by Moore who is injury prone. TD makes a reasonable contract offer for long term

Man I don't want Moore to leave. We could franchise him, but we don't have much cap room to work with. Plus, I think the money would be guaranteed and Moore isn't exactly a 16-game a season starter with his injuries...

If we let him go that creates a huge hole

don't care. he finally put in a good year. i like moore, but they're are lots of good safeties in this year's draft that look better then moore coming out. also, some other good FA safeties this offseason that could replace him. either way, ATL wins.

But do you think a rookie will be able to contribue at Moore's level immediately? And what FA safeties - I haven't really been keeping up with other teams.

William Moore was probably the biggest liability on the defense during the playoffs, and yeah, I know that he had been hurt, but still.

So I doubt the Falcons are going to back up the brinks truck for the guy. Offer him a reasonable deal for sure, but I wouldn't be too shocked if he is elsewhere next year.

This is coming from a Willie Mo fan... When most said he was a bust after his rookie year.... I know this dude could develop into a player..... I want Willie Mo on this team in the worst way... He is the only enforcer we have on this team.... Also hearing Coach Smith mention Willie Mo, Thomas Decoud, and Sam Baker as young core players that took a step forwards.... We will try our best to resign him.

Saying that... I would not tag him (mayby think about transition tag at around 5 mil until we work a deal out) .... I feel like TD played Poker last year with our FA and won... I would do that again and just hope the FO win again.

Its a chance some team will pay him alot of money.... Its a chance they wont.... If we lose the gamble.. We will get a 3rd round comp pick next year plus TD said he thinks this is a deep safety class (its time to show your scouting work) ...... If the Gamble pays off... We just got Willie Mo on a Decoud type contract.

Chris Hope is still on the Roster. If we do lose Moore, than I Imagine Hope will be the Starter. No, he is not as good as Moore is, but he is a good back up and would be a servicable starter. For that reason, i don't think losing moore would create a hole for us that we would need to fill by bringing in somone new. If Moore leaves, his replacement is on the roster, IMO.

Let him test teh market and then offer him what we offered Decoud.

We need to take more stances like we did with Lofton.

Here is the number we will pay you.. it is fair.. it is market value for a guy of your skills.... take it or leave it.

And then lets point to lofton and say " see that jack azz took the same contract as we offered but took it with the saints... he is now the proud owner of being the caption of the worst defense in the history of the NF"..... Don't be that guy Willy... Don't be that guy!!!

William Moore was probably the biggest liability on the defense during the playoffs, and yeah, I know that he had been hurt, but still.

So I doubt the Falcons are going to back up the brinks truck for the guy. Offer him a reasonable deal for sure, but I wouldn't be too shocked if he is elsewhere next year.

This, if he didn't have his injury issues I would say throw the bank at him.

However I think he won't get much more than we will offer him, so hopefully he will come back to win.

Chris Hope is still on the Roster. If we do lose Moore, than I Imagine Hope will be the Starter. No, he is not as good as Moore is, but he is a good back up and would be a servicable starter. For that reason, i don't think losing moore would create a hole for us that we would need to fill by bringing in somone new. If Moore leaves, his replacement is on the roster, IMO.

actually chris hope is a FA as well, although hed be a cheap resign. I actually thought hope played great, hes also a pretty good tackler. I love moore but if he doesnt resign i dont see it as a huge need if we resign hope and draft a young rookie in around the third or fourth round.

I agree with that.... The guy can be a difference maker but when he gets hurt.... It throws everything off on his play.... He came back and looked kinda lost...

I feel like offering him a Decoud type contract..... Some one more pay him alot... ill just take my chance...

Big fan of Willy Mo.

Bigger fan of the Falcons.

If he wants more than what he's worth to my team then I'll get over his not being here......just like I would get over Baker, Ryan, etc. etc.

The 2013 salary cap is tentatively slated to be at or just below $121 million, according to NFL sources.

The values for restricted free agent designations and franchise tenders have also been set. Below are the tentative franchise tag and transition tag numbers for each position, in millions.

These figures were distributed in early December at the annual meeting of team owners in Dallas, reports NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. They will likely be finalized in March.

S: Franchise: $6.798 Transition: $5.899

per nfl.com

Edited by lawls1234